Why would a searcher create a fake blaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
    I find it interesting that A. he said a cruel searcher made some fake blaze and B. he said the real blaze was damaged not very far away. Why wouldn’t he assume that the cruel searcher who made the fake blaze was the same one who damaged the real blaze? To me, that makes the most sense. So then I have to ask why he would keep looking. The existence of a fake blaze so close to that area wouldn’t throw off a searcher but be some confirmation of group think (or error that it was related to F at all and not, say, indigenous peoples.) When he found the ‘damaged’ blaze why wouldn’t he assume the treasure was already taken?
    IMO he didn’t. (Keep looking I mean)
    If we are to believe Jack’s story at all, I think we have to view it as suspicious bait. I don’t know his angle yet, but I’m 99.97% sure the true path is still viable and eludes group think. I wouldn’t use the word isolated- maybe sequestered.
    It was a cruel fellow searcher. Fenn searched for artifacts his entire life. Fenn is a fellow searcher. Fenn called what he did when he hid the chest atrocious. Fenn is the cruel fellow searcher and Jack had the wrong blaze. The question about how that is possible is what you need to figure out.
    Put that with- "That fake blaze was less than 1,000 feet from where I eventually found the treasure. And that’s not even the half of that story." and Jack is practically spelling it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

I definitely think that’s an important point for us to try and understand. Jack said in one of his emails that based on his solution and talking with Forrest that he believes the Poem was designed so that you know the blaze before you get there. So yes, now how do we solve for that. Jack says there is a hint for the blaze in TTOTC.
      Jack told me the hints in the book were scant. The only problem I have with that is the aberrations don’t seem to be scant. So what is a hint and what is something else?

Comment

Originally posted by miracleman View Post

Jack told me the hints in the book were scant. The only problem I have with that is the aberrations don’t seem to be scant. So what is a hint and what is something else?
        The clues are contiguous lines on a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

I definitely think that’s an important point for us to try and understand. Jack said in one of his emails that based on his solution and talking with Forrest that he believes the Poem was designed so that you know the blaze before you get there. So yes, now how do we solve for that. Jack says there is a hint for the blaze in TTOTC.
          I'm not too concerned on what Jack is saying, but I agree that the poem is designed in so that we would know the blaze before we got there. However, I believe we have to solve the first clue and then let the poem lead us through the blaze and to the spot. No to picking out a blaze randomly, no to finding a blaze and backward-engineering to WWWH, and no counting clues. All IMO.

Comment

I am glad this has been brought up, First I just don’t see a searcher purposely damaging the blaze, furthermore making one with the intention of confusing anyone.
            Does this mean that whoever made and or damaged it new what he blaze was beforehand. And so did Jack. Or is the searcher that made and or damaged not a treasure box searcher. And how is it known that that searcher is cruel. I don’t believe the poem intended blaze is damaged, I think protected. Likely another. It was probably a blade of grass stepped on walking in the wrong direction. That was just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Knot Sure View Post
              I am glad this has been brought up, First I just don’t see a searcher purposely damaging the blaze, furthermore making one with the intention of confusing anyone.
              Does this mean that whoever made and or damaged it new what he blaze was beforehand. And so did Jack. Or is the searcher that made and or damaged not a treasure box searcher. And how is it known that that searcher is cruel. I don’t believe the poem intended blaze is damaged, I think protected. Likely another. It was probably a blade of grass stepped on walking in the wrong direction. That was just for fun.
              I do. While this may be a community, people are inherently out for themselves. Human nature would push the people to do what it took to throw others off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullpress View Post

It was a cruel fellow searcher. Fenn searched for artifacts his entire life. Fenn is a fellow searcher. Fenn called what he did when he hid the chest atrocious. Fenn is the cruel fellow searcher and Jack had the wrong blaze. The question about how that is possible is what you need to figure out.
                Put that with- "That fake blaze was less than 1,000 feet from where I eventually found the treasure. And that’s not even the half of that story." and Jack is practically spelling it out.
                I have to agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                X