Why would a searcher create a fake blaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miracleman View Post
    Brings up a few other questions. Was the fake blaze the same type of thing as the real blaze? Why else would Jack think it was Forrest’s blaze? Unless it was an F or something that could easily be associated back with Forrest or if it was what Jack (and someone else) figured out the blaze to be.
    That was my thinking as well.

Also, the person may have been as confident in understanding most of the clues as Jack was and thought let me create a fake blaze to throw off other searchers that might be looking in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by djjmciv View Post
      I, along with a few fellow searchers, left fake blazes in spirit of the chase. We left one in every place we looked.
      Fenn obviously left his mark, in the form of a blaze, so we figured we should too.

The majority of these involved f's. There were a few running man blazes.

I would say there are about 13 fake ones out there that I was involved with.
      Only two in Wyoming. I'm not going to disclose where these two are as I'm waiting for Jack to make to first move to confirm/deny if it was indeed one of the blazes I know of that he mistook. (Neither close to Slough Creek, but within 30 miles of Cody)
      Do you mean that you just found some fake blazes and didn't move, alter, or take any action to affect their ability to be found? If so, I don't have a big issue with your involvement with them.
      Did you create or stage fake blazes? If so, that is mischief that should be discouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

That was my thinking as well.

Also, the person may have been as confident in understanding most of the clues as Jack was and thought let me create a fake blaze to throw off other searchers that might be looking in the area.
        I know a tree is not a popular idea for a Blaze since it’s existence can easily be wiped out, but given Jack’s statements including about the fake blaze, what else could be so easily created by another searcher? A tree with a mark certainly makes sense.

Comment

A searcher would create a fake blaze to throw others off. While people want to claim 'community', people are inherently greedy, selfish and self-centered.

Comment

I know a tree is not a popular idea for a Blaze since it’s existence can easily be wiped out, but given Jack’s statements including about the fake blaze, what else could be so easily created by another searcher? A tree with a mark certainly makes sense.
            It really does and I think Occum’s Razor demands that one stay on the table until disproved.

I personally alway imagined something more durable. as an example I was all excited about Slough Creek because I knew that area was an old glacier area with large chuck of granite lying all around in the woods and I thought that’s the perfect location for a gravestone type blaze. But I can’t see a searcher going to that kind of effort. A tree would be much easier....who knows.

Comment

Found this in a spring of cold water on Pine Mountain, wy right beside Pine Lake, close to a tub to a washing machine. It was under water about 18 inches with 1 foot of silt covering it. Found In August of 2018. Took me a year to figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by Bird1432 View Post
                Found this in a spring of cold water on Pine Mountain, wy right beside Pine Lake, close to a tub to a washing machine. It was under water about 18 inches with 1 foot of silt covering it. Found In August of 2018. Took me a year to figure it out
                That’s really cool. Is that a way finder/marker of some sort?

Comment

The red rock in the middle points north, the pointed rock points to starting point, the *N and *7 symbols and actually figures that can be seen from the air with the * (dots) being in the same spot and which is something you will not believe--the lat/ long numbers end with 423 and 328. His dads burial location and the number of missions he flew in Vietnam. Kinda wierd huh, and Jack found the treasure???? Bull

Comment

Which was also right beside these heavy loads (whoops another CLUE not a hint)and damn I did it again (whoops another one of those pesky hints) a old one room cabin

Comment

Originally posted by Bird1432 View Post
                      The red rock in the middle points north, the pointed rock points to starting point, the *N and *7 symbols and actually figures that can be seen from the air with the * (dots) being in the same spot and which is something you will not believe--the lat/ long numbers end with 423 and 328. His dads burial location and the number of missions he flew in Vietnam. Kinda wierd huh, and Jack found the treasure???? Bull
                      That would definitely rank in the freakiest/wierd top 5. I can see why you would be all over that area.

Comment

It really does and I think Occum’s Razor demands that one stay on the table until disproved.

I personally alway imagined something more durable. as an example I was all excited about Slough Creek because I knew that area was an old glacier area with large chuck of granite lying all around in the woods and I thought that’s the perfect location for a gravestone type blaze. But I can’t see a searcher going to that kind of effort. A tree would be much easier....who knows.
                        Another crazy thought and just putting it out there to noodle on. The poem says “if you’ve been wise” past tense. Which tells me that you should know the Blaze prior to that moment. But looking at the prior stanzas there is nothing that stands out as a clue or hint to the blaze. Unless…..the Blaze is also another one of the clues. Maybe the creek that you follow IS also the Blaze or goes through the wood with the blaze? Or something to that effect. It has to be something you’d need to spend 25 days searching, so maybe the tree is near the creek. I don’t know.

Comment

Another crazy thought and just putting it out there to noodle on. The poem says “if you’ve been wise” past tense. Which tells me that you should know the Blaze prior to that moment. But looking at the prior stanzas there is nothing that stands out as a clue or hint to the blaze. Unless…..the Blaze is also another one of the clues. Maybe the creek that you follow IS also the Blaze or goes through the wood with the blaze? Or something to that effect. It has to be something you’d need to spend 25 days searching, so maybe the tree is near the creek. I don’t know.
                          I definitely think that’s an important point for us to try and understand. Jack said in one of his emails that based on his solution and talking with Forrest that he believes the Poem was designed so that you know the blaze before you get there. So yes, now how do we solve for that. Jack says there is a hint for the blaze in TTOTC.

Comment

Go to my channel on youtube "Bird in Charlotte", I explain it all and what I found, start to finish

Comment

I definitely think that’s an important point for us to try and understand. Jack said in one of his emails that based on his solution and talking with Forrest that he believes the Poem was designed so that you know the blaze before you get there. So yes, now how do we solve for that. Jack says there is a hint for the blaze in TTOTC.
                              Additionally, Jack said in hindsight it was foolish or not prudent to go in 2018 looking with only 8 clues and not having the blaze. So a lot of solving to be done here....

Comment

I find it interesting that A. he said a cruel searcher made some fake blaze and B. he said the real blaze was damaged not very far away. Why wouldn’t he assume that the cruel searcher who made the fake blaze was the same one who damaged the real blaze? To me, that makes the most sense. So then I have to ask why he would keep looking. The existence of a fake blaze so close to that area wouldn’t throw off a searcher but be some confirmation of group think (or error that it was related to F at all and not, say, indigenous peoples.) When he found the ‘damaged’ blaze why wouldn’t he assume the treasure was already taken?
                                IMO he didn’t. (Keep looking I mean)
                                If we are to believe Jack’s story at all, I think we have to view it as suspicious bait. I don’t know his angle yet, but I’m 99.97% sure the true path is still viable and eludes group think. I wouldn’t use the word isolated- maybe sequestered.

Comment

Working...
                                X