What warm means.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What warm means.........

Has anybody ever spent real time with Forrest? If you did, you probably know what WARM means to him. HOT. Though he kept his den relatively decent in temperature, it was big with vaulted or high ceilings. He liked to have WARM temperatures otherwise. He told me he HATED being cold. He liked to set the temperature in places he would be well over 80 degrees if possible. I asked him why he liked it so hot, it makes me uncomfortable and hated being in hot rooms and places. He said it made him comfortable. The couple of events I planned, he specifically asked for a warm room. I said what if the room was cold, that made me happy, he said he never thought we were on such opposite ends of the spectrum about something so obvious to him, warm is better..... lol.

I always told him I would tell his secret as that it means warm waters halt means warm and NOT cold and knowing he hated cold was HUGE...... I know his final place would not be cold..... and he always said I better wait until he died, since many would go crazy to think it was a hint. I of course would say, is it a hint?????..... he would just smile. Of course this is silly more than a hint, but I thought about him today.

Why did I think of this? I am moving into a new home and trying to set the temperature in the new place and as I was setting temperature gauges, it made me think of Forrest and the conversations like that.

I will tell you eventually about socks and shoes one day, lol, but not today, too tired from the move.
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Constant 72 degrees!!! Congrats on the move!

Comment

Not cold mountain runoff ❌

Not hot spring fed ❌

Warm rainwater filled reservoirs ✅

And there happens to be 3 on the south edge of Cody

Comment

Comfortable is a very important word. The correct solver will know why. As always, part of my opinion.

Comment

Borderline?

Comment

„It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
            G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Warm in terms of temperature is very subjective, and since we are looking for a PRECISE spot, I tried to stay away from a specific number of degrees in Celsius or Fahrenheit. 70 degrees F could be warm for one person and cold for another.

I think "comfortable" is also subjective, so this word or idea is difficult for me to use with this clue. I think this may be why the first clue is so tough to figure out.

When one gets feelings that are "warm", they are happy or cheerful. What waters are metaphorically happy, and halt somewhere? I looked into Heart Lake in Wyoming before, but was having trouble linking to a HOB I liked.

Comment

Warm waters is rain.......where they halt is in the book if you use knowledge and maybe some pie.
                I just need brave and in the wood today

Comment

What warm means.........

Simple, ask a child...am I warm?
                  Last edited by Star Shadow; 04-29-2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

It means comfortable and warm in the poem is comfortable to Forrest. It does not mean warm to the touch. Many people are reading Jacks response wrong.

Comment

I'm with Forrest on this one. I hate the cold and prefer it warmer on the thermostat. Warmer makes me comfortable. This occasionally becomes a problem with my better half.

It seems to me that there has always been a lot of focus on warm water in the search community, and the meaning of warm, but very little focus on the warm water HALTING, and not nearly as much focus on the meaning of that. I have always been a little surprised by that, as I felt that "halt" was maybe the most important word in that line. Forrest put the word "halt" in TTOTC one time, and it seems quite deliberate. But it matters little now.

Thanks Kristy for all you and Mike have done to support the search community and being a good friend to Forrest. I appreciate that a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                        Has anybody ever spent real time with Forrest? If you did, you probably know what WARM means to him. HOT. Though he kept his den relatively decent in temperature, it was big with vaulted or high ceilings. He liked to have WARM temperatures otherwise. He told me he HATED being cold. He liked to set the temperature in places he would be well over 80 degrees if possible. I asked him why he liked it so hot, it makes me uncomfortable and hated being in hot rooms and places. He said it made him comfortable. The couple of events I planned, he specifically asked for a warm room. I said what if the room was cold, that made me happy, he said he never thought we were on such opposite ends of the spectrum about something so obvious to him, warm is better..... lol.

I always told him I would tell his secret as that it means warm waters halt means warm and NOT cold and knowing he hated cold was HUGE...... I know his final place would not be cold..... and he always said I better wait until he died, since many would go crazy to think it was a hint. I of course would say, is it a hint?????..... he would just smile. Of course this is silly more than a hint, but I thought about him today.

Why did I think of this? I am moving into a new home and trying to set the temperature in the new place and as I was setting temperature gauges, it made me think of Forrest and the conversations like that.

I will tell you eventually about socks and shoes one day, lol, but not today, too tired from the move.
                        Just wow Kpro . A totally relatable story for sure . I can see you thinking of that while adjusting your new thermostats . I think that was what Mr. Fenn was referencing when he talked about the memories of his friends that are tucked into the corner of our minds and are remembered with a scent or a taste or a feel .......

A quick anecdote , this conversation is had daily in our home . My wife is EXACTLY like yourself , and I am Exactly like Mr. Fenn .

Cool post !!

Comment

I considered that we are mostly made of water, some 60%, and that water is ideally flowing at 98.6* F.

When we die and assume room temperature, our Warm Waters Halt.

Forrest said he was going to "take it with him" when he "goes".

That's what put me on my favorite solve, Heaven's Peak, because where do you want to go when you go?

I couldn't have been more wrong, but if I was going to be wrong anyway, I wanted to be wrong on the most noble, most panoramic. most spectacular and magnificent possible solve location in the entire search area. And I believe I succeeded in that goal.

Comment

It is not relatable to the task at hand, to have known him so well you knew he kept it warm. What you need to do is boost the solver, so that Fenn is more important than his Chase ending makes him look as of the last 11 months. Then, you will have more people to sell a book to about his relevance, by making solver relevant, and thus, making Forrest relevant. Just an idea that'll probably end up happening- just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

kpro Congrats on your move, hope you settle well in your new surroundings.
                              In order to find the meaning of "Where warm waters halt" you must first discover the word that is key to the puzzle as a whole. When you do, then with research on the subject you will discover why Forrest used it. It is a clever puzzle and you will not discover what the first clue means by looking on maps for a possible location that fits 'warm waters,' if you do you will be lost forever, which is why so many have been unsuccessful. It is a precise location that only the understanding of the system Forrest found and devised will lead you to. The one and only one it could be. There is only one state it could be when you look at his system logically. Then you can apply that system to that State's map with confidence. IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X