Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slough creek

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

    That doesn't disqualify the Lamar Buffalo Ranch as HOB, It just disqualifies the common understanding of why its the home of Brown and that can be enough to leave one clueless to the location of the chest. Is it about the Cabin or the man, or what the man did that's important to the solution. and did Forrest or Jack say that Jack was the only one to Successfully name the HOB?
    Perhaps one is confusing HOB with the PUT IN below the HOB.....that is the what you are looking for....HOB just describes the general area.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NadiyaM View Post

      Perhaps one is confusing HOB with the PUT IN below the HOB.....that is the what you are looking for....HOB just describes the general area.
      IM good with that if its describing the general area around the LBR.. My search area was the section of land the LBR is on.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post
        Ozzy miracleman flyer anonymoussearcher @

        1. WWWH/CD/TFTW
        • Soda Butte down the Soda Butte Canyon into Lamar Valley for 10 miles (just like the 10 miles indicated in TFTW)
        2. put in
        • Take a right at Slough Creek Campground Road
        3. hoB
        • Slough Creek Campground (The creek was once called Beaver Creek by Jim Bridger. The word Beaver has a Proto-Indo-European root that means "Brown")
        4. NPFTM
        • Get out of your car and prepare to go into the wilderness
        5. TEIEDN
        • When deciding between Soldiers Trail and the Unknown Trail, take the trail on the left (Soldiers Trail)
        6. NPUYC
        • Ford the water and start hiking up Soldiers Trail along Slough Creek
        7. Heavy Loads
        • Soldiers Trail - The burden of memories a soldier comes back w/ after he/she goes through war
        8. Water high
        • Soldiers Trail -The pool of tears shed for soldiers that never come back
        9. Blaze
        • A mark that points to the location of the chest w/in .75 miles of the car and reconciles the 200/500 ft. searcher comments

        Though I don't love hoB above, this solve could still be correct. If it is, that would indicate to me that Slough Creek was f's favorite fishing hole and he wanted to die there alongside where Osborne Russell trapped and camped in Journal of a Trapper.
        I have not given up yet on Slough Creek. Your solve is as good as any I have seen. As you mention, I wish we could have a better hoB. I really think that would tell us right or wrong about Slough Creek. But, I personally could see the Chest being there.

        btw, did you see my thoughts about hints? Regarding Heavy Loads and Water High., in TTOTC chapter Long Ride Home. I know it’s a bit morbid but I always wondered if the description of how Skippy died with his weights on in 90 feet of water was a way to focus attention to that chapter for a hint.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

          Ozzy Redneck Girl

          Both the Lamar River and Slough Creek were referred to as Beaver Creek at certain points in time on old maps. Could that be the hoB we've been looking for? Jack did seem to think an English major had an advantage in this hunt.

          Click image for larger version Name:	Slough-Creek-text.jpg Views:	3 Size:	33.8 KB ID:	281127

          Thanks minotaur for the great research. If slough creek is the area, is that why Forrest stated under a canopy of stars? Because it was named by Hubble? Hubble telescope.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by flyer View Post

            Thanks minotaur for the great research. If slough creek is the area, is that why Forrest stated under a canopy of stars? Because it was named by Hubble? Hubble telescope.
            It’s possible but it that’s hoB there must be more to it than what we currently understand. Keep in mind I tend to believe what Jack says and I think he (much like Forrest) is straightforward. So there is a bit of a riddle (I believe, based on Jack comments) related to hoB. And I think this is the bottleneck Jack referenced and why so many of us got stuck at hoB.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

              It’s possible but it that’s hoB there must be more to it than what we currently understand. Keep in mind I tend to believe what Jack says and I think he (much like Forrest) is straightforward. So there is a bit of a riddle (I believe, based on Jack comments) related to hoB. And I think this is the bottleneck Jack referenced and why so many of us got stuck at hoB.
              I agree 100 percent Ozzy.

              Something else to point out there must be two access points at the HOB. Above and below, otherwise why mention below? Forrest would have just said put in AT the HOB.

              If we use this logic and use Bison peak as HOB there is a put in above and below. I also believe Forrest said PUT IN for a reason. To reference water put in.

              A good question to ask ourselves is did anyone else have Bison Peak as the HOB? They may of had Bison or Buffalo, but did they have Bison Peak??

              Comment


              • I have to say I really despise Flywater.

                Comment


                • Figuratively, a slough is "a state of disheartening hopelessness. " (Pilgrim's Progress, the 'slough of despond')

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by flyer View Post

                    I agree 100 percent Ozzy.

                    Something else to point out there must be two access points at the HOB. Above and below, otherwise why mention below? Forrest would have just said put in AT the HOB.

                    If we use this logic and use Bison peak as HOB there is a put in above and below. I also believe Forrest said PUT IN for a reason. To reference water put in.

                    A good question to ask ourselves is did anyone else have Bison Peak as the HOB? They may of had Bison or Buffalo, but did they have Bison Peak??
                    I didn’t have bison peak as hoB but another thing to add to our analysis of hoB is to ask the question do we ever pass by hoB during the journey to the chest? Is it a possibility that we put in below and never reach hoB prior to reaching the treasure. I’m asking because I can’t see anything in the poem that confirm’s we much reach hoB........??

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

                      I didn’t have bison peak as hoB but another thing to add to our analysis of hoB is to ask the question do we ever pass by hoB during the journey to the chest? Is it a possibility that we put in below and never reach hoB prior to reaching the treasure. I’m asking because I can’t see anything in the poem that confirm’s we much reach hoB........??
                      Yes, I too believe we pass by it and put in below.

                      After Shilohs discussion I am convinced now more than ever that HOB is Bison Peak. Forrest kept a Buffalo nickel in his pocket everyday for decades-Wow, that is an important hint. If not Bison peak its about Buffalos somehow.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by flyer View Post

                        Yes, I too believe we pass by it and put in below.

                        After Shilohs discussion I am convinced now more than ever that HOB is Bison Peak. Forrest kept a Buffalo nickel in his pocket everyday for decades-Wow, that is an important hint. If not Bison peak its about Buffalos somehow.
                        I really like the secluded Soda Butte/Secluded Valley canyon down as a big picture connecting Alone as a theme or word that is key. Wondering is there’s something there to help understand the riddle of hoB that would keep the “Alone” theme going?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X