Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The source comes forward - the tuber who knows Jack’s search area

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Yeah this is total BS.

    Hey Shannon and Jack! Have you considered that searchers would NEVER have gotten this passionate and involved if they knew ahead of time how FOS this whole MESS was going to be?

    I mean, imagine it: The Secret preface to TToTC:

    I hid a treasure chest in the Rockies north of Santa Fe. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHERE IT WAS. BETTER YET, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT THE POEM MEANT. Now, go load up your pickup with the bedroll, dogs, kids, and non-existent self-esteem and get out there!

    Even frigging Jim Jones figured out a saner ending.

    Comment


    • #17
      It seems Jack mixed up a special pitcher of kool-aid just for Shannon.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Harry View Post
        Shannon said Jack has not disclosed his WWWH, but "where he was searching would make you believe that [a specific yet undisclosed location] was where he thought warm waters halt was."

        She also said Jack’s disclosure of his search area “put a radius on a map, maybe even a rectangle" (as she made a horizontal rectangle with her hands) and she said she believes that she now knows a "ten-mile radius of where the treasure chest was found." (And as others have noted, this has given her closure, which is great for her and for anyone else who had been hoping that Shannon specifically would get closure.)


        Now, if a searcher told you they were searching, say, “the Madison River area inside Yellowstone” or “the area between Madison Junction and the Montana border” but technically didn't disclose their WWWH, I think anyone would guess that Madison Junction was their WWWH, right? And probably that they thought the chest was somewhere within a horizontal rectangle extending west about ten miles from Madison Junction (which is roughly the distance between Madison Junction and the Montana border)? (And if Jack told Shannon he was searching in such an area, he likely knew that Shannon’s WWWH was Madison Junction, if I remember correctly.)

        My question: Are there any other areas in or near Yellowstone that, if someone only said "that" is where they were searching, you would be able to guess (with a high degree of confidence) their WWWH? I don’t know of any, but even if there are a few, that still puts Madison Junction on a very short list of possible WWWH locations, right?

        To put in another way, if a searcher said they were searching in the area northwest of Pahaska, would you be able to guess their WWWH with a high degree of confidence? Would it be a WWWH that Forrest knew “many” searchers had found, figured out, deciphered, etc.? Would it be within a ten-mile horizontal rectangle of a possible final spot (i.e., within Wyoming)? What about the DeLacy Creek area? Or other areas in Yellowstone?

        For what it's worth, I think all of this is still fascinating and probably far from over. My brother has been a law enforcement ranger in Yellowstone for 10+ years. If evidence points to the chest having been in Yellowstone, the NPS/DOI will investigate and pursue reimbursement of tax dollars for all of the additional man hours and other burdens placed on the YNP budget. (There were scores of incidents/accidents and many deaths in the park that were associated with the hunt and not reported in the media.)
        Shannon would be bad at poker. She knows that Jack's first spot is where he found the treasure. She knows if it is inside or outside Yellowstone. She actually might not know WWWH and that would be if she assumes that it is Madison Junction. Therefore, it is quite possible where Jack told her he searched is '"near Madison Junction".

        BUT HERE IS THE THING. She has a confirmation bias TOWARD Eatrthquake Lake. So therefore her 10 mile radius that is a horizontal rectangle IS probably the Madison from the Junction to the Wyoming state line. Yet that doesn't mean it actually IS. Jack might not have been a total idiot and revealed THAT much: there are 3 ways to go from the junction and ALL have canyons.

        TL;DR Jack told Shannon he was searching near Madison Junction.

        Now for that YNP ranger cop brother of yours. Tell him to hurry up because Fenn's estate will bar ALL legal claims including the litany of those you listed on the 1 year anniversary of his death. And after that, there is no recourse. Certainly not against Jack, who didn't hide the treasure just found it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post

          Now for that YNP ranger cop brother of yours. Tell him to hurry up because Fenn's estate will bar ALL legal claims including the litany of those you listed on the 1 year anniversary of his death. And after that, there is no recourse. Certainly not against Jack, who didn't hide the treasure just found it.
          Yeah I've been wondering about the federal statute of limitations. (Five years?) If Jack found unattended/abandoned property in YNP and didn't turn it over to the superintendent for investigation, he violated federal law (the CFR provisions governing national parks, etc.). I'm sure the NPS/DOI would seek recourse, but I'm no lawyer, so I don't know what kind of case they would need to build.

          I'd also feel no sympathy for Jack. I think the real value is (was) in the solution and story, not the chest itself.
          Last edited by Harry; 04-23-2021, 10:34 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            More hearsay, the topics are truly getting boring these days.

            Comment


            • #21
              Hold on. If Jack was so sure he was in the right general area from the start, why on earth would he tell another searcher where he was searching? Given his unwillingness to share any meaningful information about his solution or the general location of the find a year after the chest was found, it's unbelievable he disclosed his "sure fire" location with anyone a year before he found it. Jack should take Shannon's advice and move on.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by nmcc View Post
                Hold on. If Jack was so sure he was in the right general area from the start, why on earth would he tell another searcher where he was searching? Given his unwillingness to share any meaningful information about his solution or the general location of the find a year after the chest was found, it's unbelievable he disclosed his "sure fire" location with anyone a year before he found it. Jack should take Shannon's advice and move on.
                Shannon's WWWH was Madison Junction. He contacted to ask what Fenn had told her about ever revealing why his place was special. He probably threw in that he had just done his first BOTG near her WWWH, as a tit-for-tat (he was asking her for info, so he gave her some). In retrospect I'm sure he doesn't think it was such a hot idea.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Harry View Post

                  Yeah I've been wondering about the federal statute of limitations. (Five years?) If Jack found unattended/abandoned property in YNP and didn't turn it over to the superintendent for investigation, he violated federal law (the CFR provisions governing national parks, etc.). I'm sure the NPS/DOI would seek recourse, but I'm no lawyer, so I don't know what kind of case they would need to build.

                  I'd also feel no sympathy for Jack. I think the real value is (was) in the solution and story, not the chest itself.
                  Let's be clear here. The statute of imitations doesn't matter for the estate. If a claim isn't brought by the deadline, it is barred forever.

                  As for Jack. That is not a special statute so it would be a misdemeanor at most. $5,000 maximum fine and 6 months in jail. The jail time would never happen. After all, he contacted the owner of the abandoned property and got explicit permission to retrieve it. The need to conceal that the hiding spot is in YNP has nothing to do with Jack. It is to protect Fenn's family.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Bottom line . She is different . Period . She was a REAL person who cared . You no longer care when you sit there and say Nah nah nah , I have closure , but I ain't giving you none . . And creaming all over jack on what a special lovely dovey story this is " how beautiful the ending was , and how can people be mad at him ........ummm ,.....the guy is a total waste of space who says EXACTLY what you are saying. Nothing .
                    I mean , if a check made her do a 360 , then 2 things: it was a huge fricken check and 2nd there is zero hope for any of us to not get turned .
                    Just another propaganda video from someone who I would have swore , would never be saying these things in a million years.
                    ​​​​

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Note that she said there are only a few WWWHs in Wyoming.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Shannon seems to be a rare breed, keeping her promise to Jack. I take a bow to her integrity.

                        She has lovely smiling eyes and what a great story about her marriage proposal.

                        Its nice to be reminded of the good that came from the chase.

                        $1000 cash prize - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by 1&Only1Trailblazer View Post
                          More hearsay, the topics are truly getting boring these days.
                          Nope. They already are.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Okay, I've lived in the west my whole life. I can't even tell you how many places I know of that are special, that I've wished no one would ever find out about it and go there and tromp all over the place! The entire west is becoming one giant playground to a millions people who all think it's a super special place just for them. It is the story of the West. I never wanted the millions of people to move to Colorado but they have and even though my family has been here for generations it wasn't up to us to say everyone has to stay away. Just like the Ute Indians never wanted europeans to show up but we did. Imagine how nice Yellowstone would be if we only allowed ten people a year in there. We all deal with the changes and manage the best we can.

                            If Forrest truly didn't want people to go to the special spot then he shouldn't have left the treasure in that spot. Hiding the treasure and then telling everyone to go look for it basically gave the place to the searchers. If Forrest wanted to truly keep the place a secret except for the finder then he should have just given everyone a riddle and whoever tells him the answer, they'd get the location of the chest. For most of the chase Forrest was okay with telling everyone where the location was. In fact it seemed he was looking forward to telling.

                            You can't go around worrying what some crazy person might do. Chasers will take care of the place just fine. The truth is it might not get as much traffic as everyone thinks.

                            I've got a soft spot in my heart for Forrest as much as everyone else but he's no longer here. The spot belongs to the searchers!
                            Post-it note

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Harry View Post


                              For what it's worth, I think all of this is still fascinating and probably far from over. My brother has been a law enforcement ranger in Yellowstone for 10+ years. If evidence points to the chest having been in Yellowstone, the NPS/DOI will investigate and pursue reimbursement of tax dollars for all of the additional man hours and other burdens placed on the YNP budget. (There were scores of incidents/accidents and many deaths in the park that were associated with the hunt and not reported in the media.)
                              Herein lies the problem

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Harry View Post

                                Yeah I've been wondering about the federal statute of limitations. (Five years?) If Jack found unattended/abandoned property in YNP and didn't turn it over to the superintendent for investigation, he violated federal law (the CFR provisions governing national parks, etc.). I'm sure the NPS/DOI would seek recourse, but I'm no lawyer, so I don't know what kind of case they would need to build.

                                I'd also feel no sympathy for Jack. I think the real value is (was) in the solution and story, not the chest itself.
                                F said he had a way to know if it had been found. If he had a camera setup to monitor it was it unattended or abandoned?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X