The source comes forward - the tuber who knows Jack’s search area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The source comes forward - the tuber who knows Jack’s search area

I would not give up my source and I know that frustrated many ...... and I did not press for additional information as you can tell from the exchange we had (she reads it on this video - her and my exchange). But it seems many were pestering so she came out to tell us her story - yes, this is the source I referred to knowing Jack’s final spot. Amazing to me Jack told a tuber the location of the TC (within a ten mile radius)!!! And for the record, I have known Shannon for a few years and I do NOT beleive she is making this up (I know many new people do not know her). And though I do not agree with her position of not sharing with he community, I respect it.

https://youtu.be/_eHcU67SbIA
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

I haven't watched the video yet but can say with certainty that Shannon is smart and genuine. I wouldn't doubt her word for a minute.

Comment

Thanks Kristy.

Comment

Interesting she was willing to reveal she thinks one of her former search partners was very close, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post
          Interesting she was willing to reveal she thinks one of her former search partners was very close, though.
          Yes and one other thing she mentioned is that she has been to the area that Jack was searching, but not while she was searching. And she reiterated that she wasn't certain if it was in or out of the park.

She seems unaware that Jack has mentioned multiple times of late that the first recon he went on was the correct spot. She think Jack moved on from that spot, but unless he is lying, he actually did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post

Yes and one other thing she mentioned is that she has been to the area that Jack was searching, but not while she was searching. And she reiterated that she wasn't certain if it was in or out of the park.

She seems unaware that Jack has mentioned multiple times of late that the first recon he went on was the correct spot. She think Jack moved on from that spot, but unless he is lying, he actually did not.
            Redneck girl here has a quote from Jack, he went back to his first spot, that is where he found it.
            “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Thank you for posting this. Unfortunately, the "closed captioning" isn't working for me, so I have no clue what she's saying.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

Redneck girl here has a quote from Jack, he went back to his first spot, that is where he found it.
                Yes, I told Shannon that and gave her the source in a comment on Youtube, which she either deleted or didn't approve. I thought I was fairly nice even though I told her it wasn't very understanding to lecture those who don't have closure when she does. Like a bunch of others commented. That makes me wonder if she deleted it because she doesn't want people to know that it was the actual treasure spot, or maybe she doesn't know that and thinks it is rumor or something. Anyway, at least she came out and talked about it. If you get a chance to communicate with her, I think you should show her Jack's response to Redneck Girl's question.

Comment

I agree with pretty much everything that she said about Jack. I also agree that if Jack revealed the location then the area might end up getting trashed. But at the same time I think about people who spent 10 years of their lives searching for the treasure. I think it’s difficult for them to move on. Revealing the location might give them some kind of closure. I don’t know the right answer.

Here are a few things I noticed:
                  1. She said that she knew the location to within a 10-mile radius
                  2. She said there were only a handful of possible WWWH in the state of Wyoming.
                  3. She said that one of her search partners had a solve that could have been within 100-feet of the correct location. This seems to indicate that she knew the location much better than just to within a 10-mile radius.
                  4. She said that she had been to the area Jack was searching but at the time she was not searching for the treasure. Her primary search area was Earthquake Lake. Does that hint that she drove by the area on her way to Earthquake Lake?
                  5. She briefly mentioned that she didn’t know if the treasure was in the park. She didn’t talk about this much. She may have realized that she gave too much away when she first said this.

Comment

Her argument for not telling us fails two times over:
                    1. As she admits, a 10-mile radius is a huge swath of land, so disclosing the general location, such as Bighorn Forest or “near Madison Junction” (where everyone was searching anyway) won’t lead to destruction of the spot because we still don’t know the spot.
                    2. She assumes that everyone who searched for the treasure will go to the location. Not even close. Sure, some will go. But for the vast majority of the community, people won’t go when the $2M isn’t there. This is especially the case given that many folks just vacationed to YNP/Wyoming in the last 5-8 years and would rather spend their vacation money on something other than a repeat.

Comment

It's strikingly odd for someone to talk about all the closure we have when that person knows the location and the rest of us don't. Sadly tone deaf. I'd be happy as a clam to know within a ten mile radius. Because, yeah, that would be closure. I could look at a map and say it all happened in there or near there. Without that, I'm staring at maps all over Wyoming and still trying to figure it out. Would a ten mile radius really endanger the secret spot with the broken blaze that we can't "read" as a blaze? Nope. It would not. Ten mile radius is actually a great compromise to revealing the actual spot. In a ten mile radius, we could all just find whatever wwwh we wanted and call it game over. It's very odd to me that we can't know one hint or one clue, almost a year later. Maybe lawsuit people ruined it for everyone. Damn it.

Comment

It is all a bunch of crap. Congratulations folks my million dollar treasure has been found! I can't tell you by who or how because the fine young man doesn't want it known. Trust me. Weeks later the fine young man steps forward.. Hi I'm the fine young man who found the treasure! I'm not telling you where or how. You will destroy the area or die. Only I could possibly go there without destroying it or dying. Trust me. Year later Hey, I know the fine young man who found the treasure and where but I can't tell you because you might die or at the very least destroy the area! Trust me. I'm doing this for your own good and besides you have no right to know anything anyway!

Comment

No good can come from her video and statements IMO. Basically says she knows within 100 feet then spends 20 minutes telling everyone to move on and drop it. Guess closer is easy when you know some answers.
                          When she listed off the other you tubers talking with her on this... try as I may.. I can't help but wonder who else is going to get some of that insider info and not be shared openly.(more fire for the cu fans)
                          I was fine thinking Jack found it and eventually things may come out, who honestly knows what was said between him and Forrest about the location remaining secret.
                          Her putting out the video saying she knows minimum within a 10 mile range, telling us to grow up, get over it and move on....saying we aren't owed answers... I agree to a point on that, but... I watched her videos way back, she was passionate about the search and just as hopeful to find it and understand the poem as anyone searching. She states she emailed Jack to congratulate him, he replies thank you and please don't disclose my search area...So she's known the answers for a very long time, no wonder she's over it. Why do the video? If we are planning a surprise trip and one our kids hears us talking about it, we swear them to secrecy...they know not to run around the other kids saying "I know something you don't know" why, because it stirs up a bunch of drama. This is what's gonna come from this.
                          Shakin my head wondering WHY. Maybe this came out due to the lack of interest in her chicken coop videos

Comment

Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post
                            It's strikingly odd for someone to talk about all the closure we have when that person knows the location and the rest of us don't. Sadly tone deaf. I'd be happy as a clam to know within a ten mile radius. Because, yeah, that would be closure. I could look at a map and say it all happened in there or near there. Without that, I'm staring at maps all over Wyoming and still trying to figure it out. Would a ten mile radius really endanger the secret spot with the broken blaze that we can't "read" as a blaze? Nope. It would not. Ten mile radius is actually a great compromise to revealing the actual spot. In a ten mile radius, we could all just find whatever wwwh we wanted and call it game over. It's very odd to me that we can't know one hint or one clue, almost a year later. Maybe lawsuit people ruined it for everyone. Damn it.
                            I tried but was not able to watch more than a few minutes of Shannon's video. If I wanted to be scolded by a condescending attitude, I have plenty of other options. I do appreciate her telling us early that she basically would not tell us anything important anyway. I have no idea what the next 35 minutes of her video says...
                            A condescending nothing burger....no thank you.

Comment

Shannon said Jack has not disclosed his WWWH, but "where he was searching would make you believe that [a specific yet undisclosed location] was where he thought warm waters halt was."

She also said Jack’s disclosure of his search area “put a radius on a map, maybe even a rectangle" (as she made a horizontal rectangle with her hands) and she said she believes that she now knows a "ten-mile radius of where the treasure chest was found." (And as others have noted, this has given her closure, which is great for her and for anyone else who had been hoping that Shannon specifically would get closure.)

Now, if a searcher told you they were searching, say, “the Madison River area inside Yellowstone” or “the area between Madison Junction and the Montana border” but technically didn't disclose their WWWH, I think anyone would guess that Madison Junction was their WWWH, right? And probably that they thought the chest was somewhere within a horizontal rectangle extending west about ten miles from Madison Junction (which is roughly the distance between Madison Junction and the Montana border)? (And if Jack told Shannon he was searching in such an area, he likely knew that Shannon’s WWWH was Madison Junction, if I remember correctly.)

My question: Are there any other areas in or near Yellowstone that, if someone only said "that" is where they were searching, you would be able to guess (with a high degree of confidence) their WWWH? I don’t know of any, but even if there are a few, that still puts Madison Junction on a very short list of possible WWWH locations, right?

To put in another way, if a searcher said they were searching in the area northwest of Pahaska, would you be able to guess their WWWH with a high degree of confidence? Would it be a WWWH that Forrest knew “many” searchers had found, figured out, deciphered, etc.? Would it be within a ten-mile horizontal rectangle of a possible final spot (i.e., within Wyoming)? What about the DeLacy Creek area? Or other areas in Yellowstone?

For what it's worth, I think all of this is still fascinating and probably far from over. My brother has been a law enforcement ranger in Yellowstone for 10+ years. If evidence points to the chest having been in Yellowstone, the NPS/DOI will investigate and pursue reimbursement of tax dollars for all of the additional man hours and other burdens placed on the YNP budget. (There were scores of incidents/accidents and many deaths in the park that were associated with the hunt and not reported in the media.)

Comment

Working...
                              X