TTOTC Wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTOTC Wish

I'm quite sad by all the animosity in the Chase community. So much bickering and petty squabbling over what? It's like we are all fighting over scraps, like a brood of hens fighting for the seed the farmer throws into the pen. The bigger hens then pecking at the smaller weaker hens until their feathers are nearly all pulled from their flesh. It's sad and embarrassing. I'm not free of guilt either. I admit, I have stirred the pot myself a few times but not out of spite or anger but to try and get people to think. Sadly, I think I'm about done with the Chase and all the quarrels. I know that Forrest would also be quite sad at how we are all behaving.... Very sad indeed. If Jack truly cared about what was going on in the community, he would offer us some kind of reconciliation so we might all move forward and let our families have some assurance and peace in our lives again.

My one and only wish for the Chase is that we can all come together some day and sit around a big campfire at the solve location, raise a glass to Forrest and toast his memory and make a promise to each other that we will never again, as a family, bicker about the trivial things in life. And, instead of tearing each other down, we find a way to lift each other up. If one of us slips and backslides into petty anger, that the rest of us not give into the desire for retribution but instead open our hearts to those who offend and grant them forgiveness. I think, if there is anything that I have learned from Forrest is how to live a life with grace, honor, integrity and respect, even when others don't offer that back to us. It's a hard line to walk and many of us will falter but we owe it to this wonderful man who gave us purpose in our lives, lives for many of us was lacking in one regard or another.

Tonight, I'm praying for all of us to have peace, happiness, forgiveness and grace enter into our hearts.

Wishing you all the best.

WAL

Well said WAL!

Comment

I agree with you, WAL. The anonymity of social media gives people license to treat others in ways they otherwise would not. We should discuss things without the nastiness and without everyone declaring their rightness in all things. None of us have all the answers or understand for certain what happened with the ending of The Chase. I wish everyone would practice a little more humility in that regard.

As to Jack's involvement, we have to keep in mind that in Forrest's filing with the court in the Erskine case, he declared that he and the finder entered into an Agreement of Confidentiality. That document is likely the cause of much of our angst. Looking for Jack to clear things up, I think, is a dead end. But at the same time, among countless other red flags, we have Forrest's own written words which say, "Nothing is as it seems." That alone gives us ample reason to question the current narrative and speculate about what is fact and what is fiction. Hopefully, as Forrest also wrote, the whole story will come out eventually.

Comment

One Human Family, or something like that

Comment

Thank you, WAL. Noble sentiments. TTOTC was the lesson I needed in life.

Comment

Amen bro!

Comment

Amen. Would someone please pass me the potatoes?

Comment

Hate to see ya go, I like reading you comments, I actually said to Forrest once, “ can you believe what WAL is saying” but I can’t remember what you said, it had to be good. Thanks WAL enjoy friends and family and couch surfing searchers.

Comment

fighting over scraps and questioning our continued involvement....yep that about sums it up. For everyone to go to their solution spot and build a campfire would be as many lights as there are stars in the sky......still multiple states even...

Comment

Very well spoken WAL and something to think about.

Comment

Very well spoken WAL

Comment

War is never welcome to the peaceful, but when the dragon attacks, swords must be drawn.

Here's one I drew earlier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sword.png
Views:	249
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	277999

Comment

@WAL , I think I get what you're trying to say, but I think you're 'white-washing' some of the issues.

If I were being cynical, this thread looks like a response to someone on here who communicates with another aka.
                          There are far too many people on her with akas--IMO how can these 'multi-personality' contributors be trusted ?

There have been significant negative consequences for a number of searchers due to their participation in the chase.
                          Some on here are just trying to retrieve a few of the missing answers, not actually searching for scraps as you put it.
                          Issues continue because games continue to be played---and I know which group is playing most of the games !
                          IMO, if CU/Fenn were to withdraw from the forum then most other contributors would fairly quickly 'fade' away,
                          so IMO the afore mentioned are driving activity here. If CU really want people to exit the chase then they need to stop posting !

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                            I'm quite sad by all the animosity in the Chase community. So much bickering and petty squabbling over what? It's like we are all fighting over scraps, like a brood of hens fighting for the seed the farmer throws into the pen. The bigger hens then pecking at the smaller weaker hens until their feathers are nearly all pulled from their flesh. It's sad and embarrassing. I'm not free of guilt either. I admit, I have stirred the pot myself a few times but not out of spite or anger but to try and get people to think. Sadly, I think I'm about done with the Chase and all the quarrels. I know that Forrest would also be quite sad at how we are all behaving.... Very sad indeed. If Jack truly cared about what was going on in the community, he would offer us some kind of reconciliation so we might all move forward and let our families have some assurance and peace in our lives again.

My one and only wish for the Chase is that we can all come together some day and sit around a big campfire at the solve location, raise a glass to Forrest and toast his memory and make a promise to each other that we will never again, as a family, bicker about the trivial things in life. And, instead of tearing each other down, we find a way to lift each other up. If one of us slips and backslides into petty anger, that the rest of us not give into the desire for retribution but instead open our hearts to those who offend and grant them forgiveness. I think, if there is anything that I have learned from Forrest is how to live a life with grace, honor, integrity and respect, even when others don't offer that back to us. It's a hard line to walk and many of us will falter but we owe it to this wonderful man who gave us purpose in our lives, lives for many of us was lacking in one regard or another.

Tonight, I'm praying for all of us to have peace, happiness, forgiveness and grace enter into our hearts.

Wishing you all the best.

WAL
                            To who(m) do you pray?

Comment

Who here did not visualize their spot and a massive Chase camp at the nearest good gathering place?

Comment

Working...
                              X