Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“found the blaze” versus “seen the blaze” — significant difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “found the blaze” versus “seen the blaze” — significant difference?

Is there anything to take away from the fact that the poem says “if you’ve been wise and found the blaze,” as opposed to “if you’ve been wise and seen the blaze”? Maybe not; after all it is a treasure hunt and you’re searching for a blaze, so naturally you could only see it if you first found it. But it got me thinking that maybe the blaze isn’t something to “see” at all, but rather something must be solved for as a part of the overall solve.

I’m thinking about this in tandem with F’s line that “you need to know where the first clue is in the poem. You have to find that spot. From then on, it’s academic.” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJxGpKgJ0U at 15:50 mark). Anyone have any thoughts on what this line means?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Found, seen, and been in the blaze.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOak141 View Post
      Is there anything to take away from the fact that the poem says “if you’ve been wise and found the blaze,” as opposed to “if you’ve been wise and seen the blaze”? Maybe not; after all it is a treasure hunt and you’re searching for a blaze, so naturally you could only see it if you first found it. But it got me thinking that maybe the blaze isn’t something to “see” at all, but rather something must be solved for as a part of the overall solve.

I’m thinking about this in tandem with F’s line that “you need to know where the first clue is in the poem. You have to find that spot. From then on, it’s academic.” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJxGpKgJ0U at 15:50 mark). Anyone have any thoughts on what this line means?

If you are supposed to 'look quickly down' from it, then you must have been previously looking at it, in order to do so.

As for the line in the video, start at an airport or airfield. From then on, follow the flightpath described until its demise.
      Last edited by Not4but242Walk; 04-22-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

If you've found the blaze, then clearly you had the right answer to the first clue, because from then on "it's academic."

From https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...all%20academic (bolded text highlighted by me)
        TOP DEFINITION it's all academic
        all but over; the outcome is a given or certainty; a done deal
        After Tyson's uppercut to his adversary, it was all academic!
        by weave March 19, 2003

Of course, he could also have used the word "academic" as one of his hints to where that first clue's location might be, imo.

Comment

I'm so glad that consensus is being reached on the fact that the poem states to do things to find the blaze, and to do things with it after. I love that Forrest sarcastically stated a few weeks after I emailed solve to him, that you can't start in the middle (of the poem) I emailed the blaze, which was found in the poem, the one blaze that lasts a thousand years. It is found in the middle steps of the solve.

Comment

Long ago I was told something like "wisdom is the ability to learn form the mistakes of others."

What mistakes all y'all made, or f made that I should learn from I don't know. That's why I'm here like a dumbass trying to solve a treasure hunt that may or may not have been legitimate, but is supposedly over. FML

Click image for larger version  Name:	3f1a4a22-29ee-4594-9056-50f86ded8492.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.0 KB ID:	278007

Comment

I completely agree with you. I believe you can find the Blaze before BOTG. Another thing Forrest said was something like, "If you can figure out the first few clues, you can go straight to the chest." I believe that the poem gives you the Blaze, as well as a hint in Flywater as to what it is. Once you use the poem to locate the Blaze in Google Earth, then you can go BOTG to search the area "quickly down" and perhaps there was a BOTG Blaze to aid you at that point.

Comment

i believe Jack said in an email he knew what the blaze was before he went BOTG and that there is a hint in TTOTC about the blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                  i believe Jack said in an email he knew what the blaze was before he went BOTG and that there is a hint in TTOTC about the blaze
                  If Jack knew what the blaze was before he went BOTG, he wouldn't have been fooled by a "fake blaze" left by a "cruel searcher."

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

If Jack knew what the blaze was before he went BOTG, he wouldn't have been fooled by a "fake blaze" left by a "cruel searcher."
                    Do we know the "cruel searcher" was a treasure hunter? Or was this person searching for something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

Do we know the "cruel searcher" was a treasure hunter? Or was this person searching for something else?
                      What could a "cruel searcher" create that would fool a savvy Fenn treasure hunter who was aware that Forrest had written that it wasn't feasible to remove the blaze? If it isn't feasible to remove, it isn't feasible to spoof.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

What could a "cruel searcher" create that would fool a savvy Fenn treasure hunter who was aware that Forrest had written that it wasn't feasible to remove the blaze? If it isn't feasible to remove, it isn't feasible to spoof.
                        Might be conflating two issues here.

Comment

That Jack was fooled tells me he had no idea what the blaze was. And still doesn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf Blazeikson View Post
                            I'm so glad that consensus is being reached on the fact that the poem states to do things to find the blaze, and to do things with it after. I love that Forrest sarcastically stated a few weeks after I emailed solve to him, that you can't start in the middle (of the poem) I emailed the blaze, which was found in the poem, the one blaze that lasts a thousand years. It is found in the middle steps of the solve.
                            I found about 6 things that could each last thousands of years without substantially changing in visual appearance. Each can be seen from a specific place at which one should be when finding the
                            blaze (if it's a physical, visible thing). And I haven't yet addressed less-"concrete" things such as a flash of inspiration.
                            Thank you for posting. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                              If you "follow" Jack, you might end up "where he is". No, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X