Idiot Savant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot Savant

Wouldn't it be funny if the person who solved the poem was more like an idiot savant than a true genius? Maybe a cross between Forrest Gump and Rainman? After all, it's the perfect guise for the truth. Who would actually believe this type of person? I'll tell you who.... absolutely no one. The secret would be safe in their mind because no matter how hard they would try to tell the world, people would just ignore them. Somewhere I see a shakespearian play where the hopes of humanity rests in the intellect of an idiot savant but in the end humanity parishes because it's too ignorant to believe in the possibilities. The last person on earth would look back at the words of the Idiot and with their final breath, realize he was right.

id·i·ot sa·vant
    /ēːdyōsaˈväːN,säˈvänt,səˈvänt/
    https://www.hintofriches.com/core/im...c+Cjwvc3ZnPgo=Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1. a person who has a mental or learning disability but is extremely gifted in a particular way, such as the performing of feats of memory or calculation.

There are a lot of different personalities in this Chase. I don't know if I am on the "idiot savant" spectrum, but I have done a lot of crazy things...stupid things...hmmm, wonderful things.

Are you implying Jack is a "idiot savant", or are you implying that Jack did not find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
      Wouldn't it be funny if the person who solved the poem was more like an idiot savant than a true genius? Maybe a cross between Forrest Gump and Rainman? After all, it's the perfect guise for the truth. Who would actually believe this type of person? I'll tell you who.... absolutely no one. The secret would be safe in their mind because no matter how hard they would try to tell the world, people would just ignore them. Somewhere I see a shakespearian play where the hopes of humanity rests in the intellect of an idiot savant but in the end humanity parishes because it's too ignorant to believe in the possibilities. The last person on earth would look back at the words of the Idiot and with their final breath, realize he was right.

id·i·ot sa·vant
      noun
      1. a person who has a mental or learning disability but is extremely gifted in a particular way, such as the performing of feats of memory or calculation.
      I don't think it takes an "idiot savant" to solve the poem. It's pretty straightforward, IMO.

Comment

This isn't in Wyoming, but I've done some research on it along the lines of an idiot savant. It's private property, not sure how accessible it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arzberger_Site

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
          This isn't in Wyoming, but I've done some research on it along the lines of an idiot savant. It's private property, not sure how accessible it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arzberger_Site
          What's "this?" I wouldn't mind being Rain Man, or at least having some of his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicMadman View Post
            There are a lot of different personalities in this Chase. I don't know if I am on the "idiot savant" spectrum, but I have done a lot of crazy things...stupid things...hmmm, wonderful things.

Are you implying Jack is a "idiot savant", or are you implying that Jack did not find it?
            Jack is certainly no Savant.

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

What's "this?" I wouldn't mind being Rain Man, or at least having some of his abilities.
              The Arzberger site is thought to be the site of Initial Coalescent, or original contact between Europeans and Western tribes, specifically the Arikara.

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

I don't think it takes an "idiot savant" to solve the poem. It's pretty straightforward, IMO.
                True, but I do believe the person who solved it will have the following mindset:

1. Global Thinker
                2. Systemic Thinker
                3. Abstract Thought
                4. Creative mind, very imaginative
                5. Socially awkward
                6. Good math skills
                7. Adventurous
                8. Risk Taker
                9. ISTP or ISFP personality
                10.Artistic
                11. of course, shy or reserved personality

What really does it mean to be shy vs. socially awkward? I would assume many people could confuse the two.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post

The Arzberger site is thought to be the site of Initial Coalescent, or original contact between Europeans and Western tribes, specifically the Arikara.
                  That went way over my head.

Comment

I got the idiot part down so I am half way there

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post

id·i·ot sa·vant
                      noun
                      There’s nothing “funny” about people who have certain mental conditions as you’ve noted. Those people are human beings that had no choice in the condition they have. Whether a person has a learning disability, gifted, average, mentally ill, or otherwise has a condition that they themselves were predisposed to - they are still a human being.

So, no it wouldn’t be “funny” if the person had the condition you wrote about; rather, your post says more about you than someone with that condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
                        There’s nothing “funny” about people who have certain mental conditions as you’ve noted. Those people are human beings that had no choice in the condition they have. Whether a person has a learning disability, gifted, average, mentally ill, or otherwise has a condition that they themselves were predisposed to - they are still a human being.

So, no it wouldn’t be “funny” if the person had the condition you wrote about; rather, your post says more about you than someone with that condition.
                        Wouldn’t it be funny if some people actually understood what WAL was referring to when he said “wouldn’t it be funny”?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post

PC Principal, I can handle this, I'm PC too.

It could be funny in a Mr. Bean winning the Rat Race kind of way. I understand that people laughed at things 50 years ago are no longer acceptable to be found funny, like Blazing Saddles. I bet the next round of drinks that f found some things funny that he couldn't/wouldn't discuss openly because PC Principal wouldn't like it. Even Dave Chappelle can't tell a joke without getting the alphabet gang after him these days. My point is, sometimes people laugh at things that are inappropriate. That doesn't mean they aren't funny, and it also doesn't mean that they are appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post

Wouldn’t it be funny if some people actually understood what WAL was referring to when he said “wouldn’t it be funny”?
                            Unfortunately, irony is lost on many people when it comes to sense of humor. That's why Forrest Gump is such a great movie! A simple minded man rose to great prominence and power in spite of his mental capacity. That's the irony of the movie. Forrest was simply in the right place at the right time and fate smiled kindly upon him. Had nothing to do with being smarter, shrewd or business savvy. Forrest just did what he did without having to think or plan on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	feltlikerunning.gif
Views:	418
Size:	967.2 KB
ID:	275378
                            Last edited by Walking Among Lions; 04-16-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elperro

6. Good math skills - definitely not

There are some possible applications of Graph Theory, and Nodes equations similar to the Good Will Hunting problem. Unless you are the true solver, not sure you should be using definitive and ruling such things out.

I haven't learned to do that kind of math, but that doesn't mean f or the person that designed the poem wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X