A hinty phrase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hinty phrase?

I don't know who first introduced, in the context of this treasure hunt, the phrase "toe to toe", but it appears to me that there's a small hint there. Who agrees?

Yup, I do.
    $1000 cash prize - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

Comment

Not as much as "nose-to-nose".

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210416_085044.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	275297

Comment

The "Toe 2 Toe" contest came out right before the Chest was found. I think Forrest was suggesting that 2 searchers were close. Why else would he name the contest that? But I did not find the chest or the hidey spot, so this is just my opinion. Forrest was always doing things to make us think.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicMadman View Post
          The "Toe 2 Toe" contest came out right before the Chest was found. I think Forrest was suggesting that 2 searchers were close. Why else would he name the contest that? But I did not find the chest or the hidey spot, so this is just my opinion. Forrest was always doing things to make us think.
          I think it was Fenn v. LeaD Searcher. Toe to toe.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicMadman View Post
            Covid 19 stopped the race........and turned it into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
              I don't know who first introduced, in the context of this treasure hunt, the phrase "toe to toe", but it appears to me that there's a small hint there. Who agrees?
              Old Pilot - That was from Forrest's quiz last spring. It was a huge hint. When you stood at the post the U was right above your foot so you were toe to toe with the horseshoe.

Comment

Allen K won, Fenn spelled his name wrong.

Comment

Forrest picked Allen K's submission because it had things that matched the spot. The red wood and paint the town red.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    Maybe.... And this is just an undeveloped idea.... Maybe "toe to toe" was a reference to the fact that there were two searchers who were very close to solving it.... And Jack was one of them.... But the other searcher was the one who sent Forrest a complete and correct solve...
                    Then, for whatever reason, the solver couldn't go botg and Jack was offered the opportunity to retrieve the chest and act as a proxy for the solver and bring the chase to an end?

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

I think it was Fenn v. LeaD Searcher. Toe to toe.
                      Maybe LS is or was a bit of a boxer & Fenn's phrase was like "F.U." to the dude.

Comment

Where are the damn toes! Beethoven decided to come up for air... so 'got that going for me.

Comment

Let's ask Toto......

Comment

Hey that hint was teetotaler!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                              Let's ask Toto......
                              I don't know about Toto but I think you know how I feel about frogs Click image for larger version

Name:	Frog frog.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	485.6 KB
ID:	275733

Comment

Working...
                              X