• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack on AGK to date.....

1st one: 42 minute mark Friday Fenntrospection: Confirmation Bias

2nd one: 32 minutes mark https://youtu.be/kHqbyIhaJyI?t=1985

3rd one: 25 minute park https://youtu.be/E384HUc-vz8
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Thanks kpro. Last night someone was saying that Jack said he had to get on his hands and knees, to retrieve the chest. Was a source every given to validate that?

Comment

It's too bad that Jack called in to give his interpretation of the special place and Toby overtook him with his own thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by rmx63 View Post
        It's too bad that Jack called in to give his interpretation of the special place and Toby overtook him with his own thoughts
        there always seemed to be a phenomenon....the longer Chase Youtubers spent in front of the camera...the smarter they considered themselves to be....I guess it just went with the territory...it was after all their show.

Comment

Originally posted by rmx63 View Post
          Toby is a nice fella, but I was thinking the same thing lol. I was telling him to let Jack spill all the beans through the video but he kept talking over him. Oh well.

Comment

Stuff that's interesting here... He had the Jack7585686o68o76(or whatever it was) email address years ago, so no secret codes there. He's hyper vigilant for his own confirmation bias (good lesson for all of us who try to solve hunts) and most interesting of all is the bit where he explains Forrest's special places as described in the book, and how that connects to the 'alone' line in the poem. I don't think he was necessarily saying that any place in the book was the special place as such.... I guess he was proud enough of this different angle on the hunt that he wanted to talk about it.

In some ways it's not much new. He just talked about the special place way back then without revealing it, and he still talks about it now without revealing it! It's funny that he did all these phone-ins before he was the finder but he won't do any now. I suppose he's just too worried he'll slip up and say something that might reveal the location.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicMadman View Post
              Thanks kpro. Last night someone was saying that Jack said he had to get on his hands and knees, to retrieve the chest. Was a source every given to validate that?
              No, that was about arrowheads.
              “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

One of the most frustrating parts of video #2 is when Toby says we must assume that if he wrote about a place in the books, then that probably isn't the spot where the treasure was hidden because it would be too obvious. WHY? It may be true that the specific area he refers to is not be where the treasure was, but we should definitely pay attention to his description of the areas he talks about during those "events". I believe the names of the places he mentions are a misdirection of sorts, but his portrayal of the landscape refer to the general area the treasure once was. It could also be true that f knew people would make a similar assumption to ignore the locations mentioned throughout his stories, making it more unsuspecting. To untangle this we'd need to figure out which cognitive bias is more prevalent amongst people likely to participate in a treasure hunt. For someone who thought of everything I'd like to imagine Forrest knew the answer to this ahead of time. Has anyone ever studied this behavior? I'd like to get a verdict on the matter. After all, he did say the truth was next door in the Philosophy...err, Economics, uhh wait Psych o log y department! Man I'm confused. I thought f said NO MATH!? Something doesn't add up here.
                "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

Working...
                X