Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

email question I sent to Jack today (April 12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email question I sent to Jack today (April 12)

Did you ever search more than one area or were you always focused on the same general area you found in 2018?

I looked in a couple of other places in 2018, but they were more recon missions to see if ideas I had were possible matches to the poem, and they weren't. Those were the result of forcing myself to come up with new ideas because I didn't want to get stuck in confirmation bias and on the same location despite going there and finding nothing. Later, I had collected enough evidence that I couldn't deny the first place I had searched had to be the correct location.

I also asked him about the earthquakes near Puerto Rico and he said that he wasn't in Puerto Rico.

Back to where he started. I'm happy it turned out better for him when he looped back around.

Comment

Doesn't confirmation bias take a little time to "accumulate"? He just started the hunt in 2018 while in med school. He made this video about bias in June of 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFzM7Nn7_AY&t=497s

Comment

Jack really needs to consider not replying, he's not Fenn and says way more than I think he intends; or maybe he doesn't, and it is intentional?
        To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

Evidence. What evidence?

Comment

So, he came up with a new idea and then matched it to the poem, because his first idea did not turn out? Take that one to his other emails and compare.
            A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
            It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science when it is done thru guidelines and in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

Came full circle.

Comment

Actually... it's a good answer - and his safest place to date with the public since Dec 6, I think. That's as much as I will credit him, however, due to his lack of everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
                  Did you ever search more than one area or were you always focused on the same general area you found in 2018?

I looked in a couple of other places in 2018, but they were more recon missions to see if ideas I had were possible matches to the poem, and they weren't. Those were the result of forcing myself to come up with new ideas because I didn't want to get stuck in confirmation bias and on the same location despite going there and finding nothing. Later, I had collected enough evidence that I couldn't deny the first place I had searched had to be the correct location.

I also asked him about the earthquakes near Puerto Rico and he said that he wasn't in Puerto Rico.
                  Thanks for posting your questions and answers, Redneck Girl. It is interesting how he found the general area within a few searches...and it sounds like maybe the first place he searched. He was either lucky or psycho...psychic!

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                    So, he came up with a new idea and then matched it to the poem, because his first idea did not turn out? Take that one to his other emails and compare.
                    How did you come up with that? He had one spot that he thought from the beginning was the best match. But he checked others just in case.. Elsewhere he stated that he did recon of some other spots in the same "area" on his first BOTG. Here he suggests he did recons of other spots after he failed to find anything (meaning the blaze or chest) at his preferred spot. Those are not mutually exclusive meaning he could have checked out different spots on more than one BOTG, or on successive days during the same trip.

In the end his first spot was the best fit to the clues, and later he accumulated enough evidence for this spot to consider it correct EVEN WITHOUT HAVING FOUND THE BLAZE OR CHEST.

Comment

Thanks for asking Jack and providing the answer! It seems to me that his solve timeline makes the most sense if the location that he figured out where Forrest wanted to die is a particular type of setting in a general area. We must remember that in 2018 it was still all of the Rockies in 4 states. It would thus have been a huge advantage to determine the spot was in or close to Yellowstone, and that you'd have a view of a secluded valley (if that's actually the case), and that it was close to a river where he loved to wade and fish (as warm waters). That probably narrows it down to a handful of precise locations. Having a decent hoB for one of them in particular would be huge.

Otherwise if the place where Forrest wanted to die was already a precise location that Jack had figured out (e.g. Ojo Caliente), it would not have been necessary to check it for the best fit with the clues as against other possibilities. Doing recons of similar locations in the same general area (e.g. YNP) would have been unnecessary and even counterproductive.

So I'm inclined to see the special place as more of a stereotype vs a unique location. On the other hand, in his video on confirmation bias, Jack does refer to strange geographical features that suggest the special place may have been unique or at least unusual in some ways (including perhaps that the layout of the terrain at the special place allows for the clues to lead you to a precise section of forest). That said, the unusual quality could be as I just described in a separate diatrabe: a seeming endless passage (maybe a mile?) along a creek through a closed terrain and then it suddenly opens up into a verdant secluded valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post

How did you come up with that? He had one spot that he thought from the beginning was the best match. But he checked others just in case.. Elsewhere he stated that he did recon of some other spots in the same "area" on his first BOTG. Here he suggests he did recons of other spots after he failed to find anything (meaning the blaze or chest) at his preferred spot. Those are not mutually exclusive meaning he could have checked out different spots on more than one BOTG, or on successive days during the same trip.

In the end his first spot was the best fit to the clues, and later he accumulated enough evidence for this spot to consider it correct EVEN WITHOUT HAVING FOUND THE BLAZE OR CHEST.
                        That is easy. I just commented on what he wrote:
                        I looked in a couple of other places in 2018, but they were more recon missions to see if ideas I had were possible matches to the poem, and they weren't. Those were the result of forcing myself to come up with new ideas
                        A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
                        It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science when it is done thru guidelines and in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

So based on his answer to your question, and per KPRO/Mike, someone knows where he searched on his first trip (because he sent them an email telling them in 2018) and said person therefore now knows the general location of where the chest was hidden. Good job Redneck girl, you may have helped start a crack. It sure would be nice if we could get that out of said person.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
                            So based on his answer to your question, and per KPRO/Mike, someone knows where he searched on his first trip (because he sent them an email telling them in 2018) and said person therefore now knows the general location of where the chest was hidden. Good job Redneck girl, you may have helped start a crack. It sure would be nice if we could get that out of said person.
                            Thanks ML, but I think we've known for some time that he figured out the general area on his first trip.
                            On Dec 16 I asked him if he figured out hoB before ever going BOTG to his search area. He answered Yes. I think knowing hoB would qualify as knowing the general area.

If nothing else, maybe this person could confirm what they said about not knowing if Jack was inside or outside the Park.

Comment

The precise spot where the chest was hidden did not appear impressive. Jack said he did not want it to be there. I felt the same way when I realized what the old fox had done. It wasn't the precise spot that was special, it was because it was on the top edge of Yellowstone, the park he was in love with. "Your destination is small bit its location is huge." f His spot was marked FF too.

Comment

Working...
                              X