Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where all the lines cross . . . what does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As FF was a pilot.....How about an airport VFR APPROACH/DEPARTURE MAP such as https://f8fcd52a-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites....attredirects=0

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldHunter View Post

I totally agree. Actually, I'm surprised Jack gave an answer relating to a solution.
      That’s just it, he doesn’t understand that it relates to the solution and that’s why he answered it. Jack is answering all these questions, when he doesn’t have a clue. He is answering questions as he incorrectly perceives the Poem to be, not with the Poem’s true nature in mind.
      Last edited by colokidd; 04-08-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fennway View Post
        I didn’t put much stock in Jack’s answer. Like most things he says, maybe he has no idea what “make all the lines cross” means or maybe he does and he’s just being evasive in his response. I thought I’d share it because it fits the topic but I think his answer doesn’t tell us anything either way.
        Thanks for sharing. For me, it’s just more confirmation for what I already know.

Comment

Forrest told us specifically and literally where the lines cross with these quotes. This first one is from a June 24th Treasure Hunters interview demonstrates how Forrest understands, interprets, and conveys directions with compass headings:
          LAZAREDES: I just wanted to ask you again, about a couple of the clues. I mean, one of the things we’re talking about this morning was the definition of “North.” North of Santa Fe, and uh, that seems to be an issue of contention, but not for you. How would you describe ‘North’.
          FENN: Well, I’m gonna look it up and find out for sure, but ‘North’ a northerly direction to mean anything north of 270 degrees and north of zero-nine-zero degrees. In other words, half of the universe is in a northerly direction, and the same is true for “South”.
          LAZAREDES: So anything above Santa Fe longitude?
          FENN: 271 degrees to me can be a northerly direction.

June 24th 2014, Treasure Hunters

Here, from Forrest Gets Mail on 10/2/2012, he gives us the Northerly direction line in approximate degrees from Santa Fe:
          "The treasure chest certainly is in the mountains somewhere north of Santa Fe, and that is a clue. That is not to say it is exactly 360 degrees from Santa Fe, but generally."

Here from an 8/23/2011 huffpost.com interview Forrest gives us the East/West direction line"
          "Everyday, people call begging for clues. The other day, I had 21 email requests. One man asked if he should buy a topographical map and I told him he’d be better served reading the book again…All you have to do is think about the nine clues and follow them in order…Okay, I’ll tell you what I told a woman from Nevada who called and said she knew where the treasure was, but was incapacitated so would I please get it for her. I said, “Well, you tell me where it is, and I’ll bring it to you.” The woman wanted an additional clue so I told her it’s more than 300 miles southwest of Toledo."

So now just draw a line in google earth 270 straight West from Toledo. Then draw a line from Santa Fe 360 North straight up. Where these two lines cross is approximately where the lines cross, which is just south of Mount Guyot, in Colorado. This eliminates Montana, Wyoming, and Northern Colorado.

“I commented on Dal’s blog, you know. Let’s shut down Montana, Wyoming, and Northern Colorado. But they don’t care.” F

Comment

To me, in terms of how I used it to relate to my solve was thus: All the mining survey plats where I was searching pointed back to the original US location marker. There were lines marked in red ink going from the number 1 corner marker to the USLM for that area. So all the lines came together and it was just like an umbilical cord to me, AND all the lines coming together. You know Forrest was a surveyor.

Comment

Still trying to figure out what everything means. We will just have to yell at the sky and bang on the ground until we know

It's Friday Eve and I got a job and thing to do. Good luck figuring it out.

Comment

Old Pilot - Where all the lines crossed was the edge of the Yellowstone, edge of Gallatin NF, edge of Gallatin Canyon and Hwy 191. It stands out like an X on the map. In your mind you start here and note how the road is shown in red. Think of red tea with Olga. Then you switch to a black line along the route that has dashes. Think of the black tea that F sipped not drank with Olga. Then the route brings you right back here and it's green just like the green tea Forrest sUspected Olga was having with her father who stUdied Under Ufer. Click image for larger version

Name:	Map
Views:	263
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	272461

Comment

Originally posted by VA Doc View Post
                  As FF was a pilot.....How about an airport VFR APPROACH/DEPARTURE MAP such as https://f8fcd52a-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites....attredirects=0
                  I've done something similar with the ILS Y approach into Jackson Hole.
                  Its a total rabbit hole into the electromagnetic spectrum that ends up with Elf waves and bells ringing from the Dunoir VOR. Although I like the Dunoir Glacier better! How can you beat Buttarry scant with marvel gaze. Than an ELF wave from the glacier with Dunoir VOR holding pattern heading? Basically 50 miles NE of Dunoir Glacier east Breteche Creek, below Sheep Mountain on BLM land. Buffalo Bill State Parkish. Thats Where all the lines cross.
                  Last edited by Fullpress; 04-08-2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    I don't think that Forrest meant all the lines that exist in the universe. So he was likely thinking about all the lines comprising a certain small group of lines.

Here are some possibilities:

Lines on a map, such as roads or boundaries (i.e., state or county borders)
                    Lines of vehicles, creatures, or the like, crossing a boundary of some kind (such as entering the property of a popular entertainment venue)
                    Genetic mixing/combining (bloodlines crossing)
                    Lines of sight (for example, if you stand somewhere, and looking around, you can see a few things that look like they could each be the blaze). You'd be standing where the lines cross (each other).
                    He may have been describing railroad tracks and the ties that cross the tracks. I think this is not the most likely scenario.
                    An extremely densely crowded fishing area, where one fishing line (monofilament, for example) crosses another
                    Something relating to (or similar to) an asterisk. FF seemed fond of mentioning/using asterisks.
                    He could have meant electric wires ("lines").

I found several places, all kinda smallish and all in the same general area, that seem to fit one or more of the above possibilities. Good luck to everyone.
                    I get frustrated when lines get tangled. If electrical lines cross it may cause a spark to start a fire. I’m not sure where you are going with this OP?

Comment

"The lines" --strong chance they are power lines (as per OP's options) , hence the reference to 'heavy loads'.

Comment

OP wrote: "Something relating to (or similar to) an asterisk. FF seemed fond of mentioning/using asterisks."

Just last night, I was watching "Hemingway" on PBS (great show, BTW...he reminds me of ff more than Salinger/Holden does...). They have a close-up of Hemingway's old Corona manual typewriter. It's so old, that you'd have to hold down the CAPS key to type the symbols, and the symbols are not just on the number keys--they are on every single key!

So which key has the *?
                        X!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post
                          OP wrote: "Something relating to (or similar to) an asterisk. FF seemed fond of mentioning/using asterisks."

Just last night, I was watching "Hemingway" on PBS (great show, BTW...he reminds me of ff more than Salinger/Holden does...). They have a close-up of Hemingway's old Corona manual typewriter. It's so old, that you'd have to hold down the CAPS key to type the symbols, and the symbols are not just on the number keys--they are on every single key!

So which key has the *?
                          X!
                          Ya know, an asterisk has lines that come to a center point, and they are uniform in distance from each other.
                          I've had a sense that possibly Forrest used places as hints that form a sort of giant asterisk on a large map.
                          I have hint locations that are almost directly north, south, and east of various points of my solve. They aren't nearly as strong as my solve, but each could be areas a person might work out a solution for.

Comment

I looked on that boat for all sorts of stuff, but never pay much mind to the typewriter.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

Ya know, an asterisk has lines that come to a center point, and they are uniform in distance from each other.
                              I've had a sense that possibly Forrest used places as hints that form a sort of giant asterisk on a large map.
                              I have hint locations that are almost directly north, south, and east of various points of my solve. They aren't nearly as strong as my solve, but each could be areas a person might work out a solution for.
                              Walker - Forrest ended the Important Literature chapter in TTOTC with an asterisk because it's a footnote and Forrest's grave that he dared people to find was marked with a U for a shoe/horseshoe. He tried to help us all in so many ways like wishing us good luck hoping someone would make the connection. And all his missing or lost shoes, slosh sandals, slippers, shoes in his closet and stories about others shoes and all the horseshoes. He had so much fun. Forrest pitched a good game of shoes. I often wondered if anyone else out there was picking up on all the horseshoe terms for the game and/or horseshoes themselves. For those that own TFTW, if you look at end pages where the fishing poles form an X there is a horseshoe. Finding those things throughout the Chase and letting Forrest know was so fun. It was almost as fun when he would share a SB shortly after referencing something I had shared with him. I still miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
                                I looked on that boat for all sorts of stuff, but never pay much mind to the typewriter.
                                You shore that 'boat' wasn't something a little bigger--a ship per chance ?

Walker --'typewriter' --'Nope', as someone on here used to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X