Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where all the lines cross . . . what does this mean?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where all the lines cross . . . what does this mean?

    I don't think that Forrest meant all the lines that exist in the universe. So he was likely thinking about all the lines comprising a certain small group of lines.

    Here are some possibilities:

    Lines on a map, such as roads or boundaries (i.e., state or county borders)
    Lines of vehicles, creatures, or the like, crossing a boundary of some kind (such as entering the property of a popular entertainment venue)
    Genetic mixing/combining (bloodlines crossing)
    Lines of sight (for example, if you stand somewhere, and looking around, you can see a few things that look like they could each be the blaze). You'd be standing where the lines cross (each other).
    He may have been describing railroad tracks and the ties that cross the tracks. I think this is not the most likely scenario.
    An extremely densely crowded fishing area, where one fishing line (monofilament, for example) crosses another
    Something relating to (or similar to) an asterisk. FF seemed fond of mentioning/using asterisks.
    He could have meant electric wires ("lines").

    I found several places, all kinda smallish and all in the same general area, that seem to fit one or more of the above possibilities. Good luck to everyone.

  • #2
    Old Pilot you could add height lines on a topo- map, crossing with other lines.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      I don't think that Forrest meant all the lines that exist in the universe. So he was likely thinking about all the lines comprising a certain small group of lines.

      Here are some possibilities:

      Lines on a map, such as roads or boundaries (i.e., state or county borders)
      Lines of vehicles, creatures, or the like, crossing a boundary of some kind (such as entering the property of a popular entertainment venue)
      Genetic mixing/combining (bloodlines crossing)
      Lines of sight (for example, if you stand somewhere, and looking around, you can see a few things that look like they could each be the blaze). You'd be standing where the lines cross (each other).
      He may have been describing railroad tracks and the ties that cross the tracks. I think this is not the most likely scenario.
      An extremely densely crowded fishing area, where one fishing line (monofilament, for example) crosses another
      Something relating to (or similar to) an asterisk. FF seemed fond of mentioning/using asterisks.
      He could have meant electric wires ("lines").

      I found several places, all kinda smallish and all in the same general area, that seem to fit one or more of the above possibilities. Good luck to everyone.
      Diamond crossing.
      Finding Jessica

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
        I don't think that Forrest meant all the lines that exist in the universe. So he was likely thinking about all the lines comprising a certain small group of lines.

        Here are some possibilities:

        Lines on a map, such as roads or boundaries (i.e., state or county borders)
        Lines of vehicles, creatures, or the like, crossing a boundary of some kind (such as entering the property of a popular entertainment venue)
        Genetic mixing/combining (bloodlines crossing)
        Lines of sight (for example, if you stand somewhere, and looking around, you can see a few things that look like they could each be the blaze). You'd be standing where the lines cross (each other).
        He may have been describing railroad tracks and the ties that cross the tracks. I think this is not the most likely scenario.
        An extremely densely crowded fishing area, where one fishing line (monofilament, for example) crosses another
        Something relating to (or similar to) an asterisk. FF seemed fond of mentioning/using asterisks.
        He could have meant electric wires ("lines").

        I found several places, all kinda smallish and all in the same general area, that seem to fit one or more of the above possibilities. Good luck to everyone.
        Before you can get your heading, you have to know your bearing. Or, is that the other way around?

        https://youtu.be/thJJXGeilKY

        Comment


        • #5
          You sound like a straight shooter...

          Comment


          • #6
            I asked that question of Jack and he replied on 12/21/2020:

            “making all the lines cross” is an expression Forrest used multiple times to mean something like serendipity. He was not being literal.

            Comment


            • #7
              Leaders also make battle lines angry (cross), just before the charge (capitalization). It can be a taxing affair...

              Comment


              • #8
                how many lines are we crossing?

                If you cross one line you can get in a predicament
                if you cross 2 lines you can get an x
                if you cross three lines you get an *

                It’s best to walk the line

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fennway View Post
                  I asked that question of Jack and he replied on 12/21/2020:

                  “making all the lines cross” is an expression Forrest used multiple times to mean something like serendipity. He was not being literal.
                  An excellent question you asked with a very telling answer. It is impossible for Jack to have solved the Poem without understanding Forrest’s crossing lines statement.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In my opinion when Jack said no coordinates, he took trying to solve the poem away from everyone. The poem is a map. And what is the excellent research tool?
                    It is my strong opinion that coordinates must be placed back into a solve.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	SB62.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	272374

                    And where do all the lines cross if the poem is a map?
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	map lines.JPG Views:	0 Size:	190.6 KB ID:	272375
                    A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
                    It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

                    Deceiving science in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                      In my opinion when Jack said no coordinates, he took trying to solve the poem away from everyone. The poem is a map. And what is the excellent research tool?
                      It is my strong opinion that coordinates must be placed back into a solve.

                      And where do all the lines cross if the poem is a map?
                      [/ATTACH]
                      For me, where the 110 Meridian crossed the Beartooth Hwy was WWWH.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Where all the lines of communication cross, such as social history. He didn’t like the hand held devices?
                        Good to hear from ya RT.
                        You all have a great day.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The lines of the poem.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by colokidd View Post

                            An excellent question you asked with a very telling answer. It is impossible for Jack to have solved the Poem without understanding Forrest’s crossing lines statement.
                            I totally agree. Actually, I'm surprised Jack gave an answer relating to a solution.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by colokidd View Post

                              An excellent question you asked with a very telling answer. It is impossible for Jack to have solved the Poem without understanding Forrest’s crossing lines statement.
                              I didn’t put much stock in Jack’s answer. Like most things he says, maybe he has no idea what “make all the lines cross” means or maybe he does and he’s just being evasive in his response. I thought I’d share it because it fits the topic but I think his answer doesn’t tell us anything either way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X