Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone been to Chocolate Pots along the Gibbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone been to Chocolate Pots along the Gibbon?

It seems like there’ve been a lot of negative posts here recently. I thought I’d try to get things back on track by focusing on the treasure location.

“What I really hated to wash were the giant kettles used for making brown gravy. The smell truly assaulted my senses and that’s why I don’t eat brown gravy anymore.”
    Kettles => pots
    Brown => chocolate. One of the first synonyms that come up for the color brown is chocolate.
    Kettles of brown => pots of chocolate => Chocolate Pots
    The smell => hydrogen sulfide. If you ask young children what they remember most about Yellowstone nearly all of them will say the smell.
    Has anyone been to Chocolate Pots? From the pictures I’ve seen a child might think it looks like a giant brown monster. Combine that with the smell and you’ve got the home of Monster Brown.

Yes. Someone has been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      Yes. Someone has been there.
      Haha. I'm sure you're right.

Comment

Forrest liked to tell people to stay home and drink hot chocolate. Chocolate is often associated with the word Indulgence and Tarzan the Ape man could hint at Gibbon.

Comment

I've been there... And man do they stink!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
            I've been there... And man do they stink!!
            Would you say that the smell truly assaulted your senses?

Comment

The smell would override the stench of a rotting Forest corpse, laying on his treasure chest nearby...giving him a chance to go back to the Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by CardanoBlockchain View Post
                The smell would override the stench of a rotting Forest corpse, laying on his treasure chest nearby...giving him a chance to go back to the Earth.
                Good point. I didn't even think of that.
                The rotten egg smell would definitely make it no place for the meek.

Comment

I was thinking that if this was the hoB then the put-in spot could be downriver. Maybe Gibbon Meadows or, as Blazingwaddles suggested, Secret Valley.

Comment

I passed through that way once

Comment

Just another marker along the route to the spot.
                      Last edited by Countryboy1; 04-08-2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I had many solves in Yellowstone all wrong the pots did seem important till they were not.
                        I feel I spent many summers there and I have never been there,just some fly overs from space.

Comment

Some good comments here. My impression of my first and only time in Yellowstone was the rotten egg smell around thermal areas. And Forrest always made a point to say the two largest nuggets in the chest where as large as hens eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by flyer View Post
                            Some good comments here. My impression of my first and only time in Yellowstone was the rotten egg smell around thermal areas. And Forrest always made a point to say the two largest nuggets in the chest where as large as hens eggs.
                            Bears rely pretty heavily on their sense of smell. Maybe they avoid areas that smell like rotten eggs. That could explain why Jack felt safe enough to take naps

Comment

Redneck Girl , here's one of the chocolate pots!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2146.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	4.33 MB
ID:	277751

Comment

Working...
                              X