Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“The Death Theory”

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • “The Death Theory”

    Passing this along...someone posted this theory on the Reddit sub before the mods removed it. I was quick enough to copy it before deletion...interesting food for thought.

    “The true finder “killed” Forrest Fenn. I don’t mean anyone physically murdered the man. What I’m saying is Forrest had to die for the plan to unfold as intended.

    I believe Forrest had in mind all along to be buried or affixed to his treasure, whatever that turned out to be—a chest, a special geographical spot or something else. All that was needed was for someone unknowingly to open the final “bottle of pills” by solving his riddle wrapped up in an enigma.

    See the problem was this: in order for Forrest to be at the special spot when the finder arrived he would have to be...dead...at the hiding spot. Otherwise, the integrity of the plan was ruined.

    Understand that Forrest was a man of rules or principle. Despite his seemingly laissez-faire approach to the world’s rules, Forrest was true to himself. He made rules and commitments for himself and to himself his entire life. He was a true existentialist—a cosmic cowboy—to his last dying breath.

    Always loyal to his way, Forrest’s final rule for himself was to depart when the treasure spot was discovered—whatever that was/is. This is why Forrest published his email address and diligently communicated with the search community. Email was his hour-glass—patiently (nervously?) waiting for that one last grain of sand to arrive in his inbox.

    Believe as you will, Forrest departed on his own terms as a final commitment to himself and perhaps the finder. Had the treasure not been found in June 2020, Forrest might still be with us. His game was a duel with the universe. Forrest vs. fate. He had escaped death countless times and his final battle with fate was the chase.

    Exactly what did Forrest mean by: “two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.” Forrest was the one necessary to die in his grand scheme. Whatever his secret, it required his departure. When Jack or the true anonymous finder corresponded with Forrest as to the precise location, he knew it was time to go. Fate had spoken. If the finder went to the spot and found nothing it was “game over.” You can almost hear Forrest replying in an email, “please, give me a break” man. But, the true finder pressed on; knowing the chase was bigger than Fenn himself.

    Whether Jack S. is the true finder remains to be seen. It is entirely possible the plan required Forrest on location at his spot before the finder arrived. When the finder emailed Forrest around 6/5/2020 with the correct location, the contingency plan went ahead full-throttle. Forrest had long-planned for this possibility—what would happen if the location was found before his natural death—here in steps the “anonymous finder.”

    Forrest stated on this person’s behalf: he is “shy” and wants to remain anonymous. Between the subsequent lawsuits, paranoia and emotions running high, “Jack” stepped in to fill the void until Forrest could “arrive” at his final resting place—ultimately, thereby, forever protecting Forrest’s family and the anonymity of the true finder—and, protecting Forrest’s trove from the termites of greed. Was it Jack or someone else who delivered FF to his final resting place? Good luck with that.

    Whoever the finder (if the chase was ever more than just an old man’s last thrill, an elaborate ruse, or a secret social experiment we’ll never know the reasons for) that person will most certainly find a smiling skeleton at the spot. “Take the chest but leave my bones.” Fate has spoken. Forrest is gone. The last act is nearly over but the encore is yet to come.”




  • #2
    It's not too far "out there" as far as theories go. Those Reddit mods need to lighten up with their downvotes and harsh moderation.

    "The best revenge would be to make me wear the bracelet" or something of that is what he said.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for sharing. Sounds plausible.

      Comment


      • #4
        Click image for larger version

Name:	A5485155-4410-4710-A0D7-8085F91D596B.jpeg
Views:	676
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	272031
        Originally posted by blackjack21 View Post
        Passing this along...someone posted this theory on the Reddit sub before the mods removed it. I was quick enough to copy it before deletion...interesting food for thought.

        “The true finder “killed” Forrest Fenn. I don’t mean anyone physically murdered the man. What I’m saying is Forrest had to die for the plan to unfold as intended.

        I believe Forrest had in mind all along to be buried or affixed to his treasure, whatever that turned out to be—a chest, a special geographical spot or something else. All that was needed was for someone unknowingly to open the final “bottle of pills” by solving his riddle wrapped up in an enigma.

        See the problem was this: in order for Forrest to be at the special spot when the finder arrived he would have to be...dead...at the hiding spot. Otherwise, the integrity of the plan was ruined.

        Understand that Forrest was a man of rules or principle. Despite his seemingly laissez-faire approach to the world’s rules, Forrest was true to himself. He made rules and commitments for himself and to himself his entire life. He was a true existentialist—a cosmic cowboy—to his last dying breath.

        Always loyal to his way, Forrest’s final rule for himself was to depart when the treasure spot was discovered—whatever that was/is. This is why Forrest published his email address and diligently communicated with the search community. Email was his hour-glass—patiently (nervously?) waiting for that one last grain of sand to arrive in his inbox.

        Believe as you will, Forrest departed on his own terms as a final commitment to himself and perhaps the finder. Had the treasure not been found in June 2020, Forrest might still be with us. His game was a duel with the universe. Forrest vs. fate. He had escaped death countless times and his final battle with fate was the chase.

        Exactly what did Forrest mean by: “two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.” Forrest was the one necessary to die in his grand scheme. Whatever his secret, it required his departure. When Jack or the true anonymous finder corresponded with Forrest as to the precise location, he knew it was time to go. Fate had spoken. If the finder went to the spot and found nothing it was “game over.” You can almost hear Forrest replying in an email, “please, give me a break” man. But, the true finder pressed on; knowing the chase was bigger than Fenn himself.

        Whether Jack S. is the true finder remains to be seen. It is entirely possible the plan required Forrest on location at his spot before the finder arrived. When the finder emailed Forrest around 6/5/2020 with the correct location, the contingency plan went ahead full-throttle. Forrest had long-planned for this possibility—what would happen if the location was found before his natural death—here in steps the “anonymous finder.”

        Forrest stated on this person’s behalf: he is “shy” and wants to remain anonymous. Between the subsequent lawsuits, paranoia and emotions running high, “Jack” stepped in to fill the void until Forrest could “arrive” at his final resting place—ultimately, thereby, forever protecting Forrest’s family and the anonymity of the true finder—and, protecting Forrest’s trove from the termites of greed. Was it Jack or someone else who delivered FF to his final resting place? Good luck with that.

        Whoever the finder (if the chase was ever more than just an old man’s last thrill, an elaborate ruse, or a secret social experiment we’ll never know the reasons for) that person will most certainly find a smiling skeleton at the spot. “Take the chest but leave my bones.” Fate has spoken. Forrest is gone. The last act is nearly over but the encore is yet to come.”


        Who are you ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes, there is obviously more to come. We need to remember to have FAITH in an old maverick. So why is it that I must go, is right after he says "take the chest and go in peace." He forshadows his own taking of his life in the poem itself. Then, IMO, you have to solve the riddle "if you are brave and in the wood", I give you title (heading) to the gold. Is it possible there is a second treasure out there? Maybe the double colophons is a hint towards that. Maybe Indulgence was the treasure Jack found by solving the first part of the poem. Tarzan may be the TROVE. One may have to solve the poem in it's entirety to find the end of the rainbow. . . what could possibly be there? Remember...... Forrest's heart is in Yellowstone.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Yes, there is obviously more to come. We need to remember to have FAITH in an old maverick. So why is it that I must go, is right after he says "take the chest and go in peace." He forshadows his own taking of his life in the poem itself. Then, IMO, you have to solve the riddle "if you are brave and in the wood", I give you title (heading) to the gold. Is it possible there is a second treasure out there? Maybe the double colophons is a hint towards that. Maybe Indulgence was the treasure Jack found by solving the first part of the poem. Tarzan may be the TROVE. One may have to solve the poem in it's entirety to find the end of the rainbow. . . what could possibly be there? Remember...... Forrest's heart is in Yellowstone.
            Yes, everyone focus on Yellowstone NP please. At least from now through June. This will allow for closure and new beginnings soon

            Comment


            • #7
              blackjack21 the scenario you describe is possible considering the timing of the find and his death. Did Forrest always have control over knowing when someone found the chest? What if the would-be finder never tipped off Forrest with an e-mail that he/she found the location or never requested permission like Jack did. Could they have gone in, retrieved it and left, silently and anonymously? Forrest always said there was a way he would know if it was found. We always assumed after the fact, but maybe he meant pre-retrieval. Forrest thought of everything, how could he miscalculate the ending?

              Comment


              • #8
                If someone else turns out to be the finder, having photos and videos of Forrest's skeleton will certainly seal the deal don't you think? Who in their right mind could come up with a plausible conspiracy theory to explain why his skeleton is at that particular location, even it that location is not in Wyoming? Would people still deny the location and solution if his skeleton is waiting for the true finder to return?

                I can't help but wonder if Forrest thought the husband is supposed to die before the wife and since Peggy was on her death bed, did fate just work out according to Forrest's plans?

                Also, on average, it takes a corpse 9 months to decompose to skeleton in the Rock Mountains. Labor Day death would put full decomposition around June 7/8. Isn't that the same time the book is going to be released? Going anytime sooner and you will have to deal with the smell of rotting flesh and any scavenger animals, including Mountain Lions and Bear. Not my idea of fun.
                Last edited by Walking Among Lions; 04-07-2021, 03:23 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210407-105552_Polarr.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	272075

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OKSA
                    "Your best revenge is that I wear a bracelet." Does this mean that after Forrest puts on the turquoise bracelet again, he must die? It's kind of creepy...
                    My most 'far fetched' idea is that the chest was radioactive, part of why it is in a vault and not in Jack's possession. A Cursed Treasure. This isn't based on anything in reality, but some areas around the Manhattan Project near Sante Fe & Los Alamos have caught my gaze

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	A5485155-4410-4710-A0D7-8085F91D596B.jpeg
Views:	676
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	272031 Who are you ?
                      Just reposting someone else’s thoughts. Draw your own conclusions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        blackjack21 Fascinating read, thanks for posting that. I hope the anonymous finder paid attention and took last summer off. If he/she goes this summer, they’re gonna find a skeleton? Yikes!!! I bet they feel really bad for (unknowingly) ruining things .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Go alone or bring the kids? One could always bring home an artifact I guess...

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210407-170922_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	272228

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by WhatsDmatter View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210407-105552_Polarr.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	272075
                            What's da matter? You tell me

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tornado View Post
                              Go alone or bring the kids? One could always bring home an artifact I guess...

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210407-170922_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	272228
                              You want a toe, I can get you a toe, there are ways, you don't wanna know.

                              By the way, it was a phalange they found when they raided f. He made that clear. It was just a toe.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X