Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Forrest arrange for "maintenance" at the hidey spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Forrest arrange for "maintenance" at the hidey spot?

Forrest mentioned sitting under a pine tree and dying there, as if this seemed like a preferred place for this. If his TC was hidden here, would he have wanted, while still alive, somebody to do
    at least occasional "maintenance" of the location, such that the TC would be eventually findable by someone with a correct solve of the poem? If falling needles, branches, pine cones, and the
    like accumulated for a few decades, the chest could conceivably end up hidden from view by someone standing at the right spot. In some places, it's not legal to use a metal detector (which most folks don't own or know how to use). I wonder who would be the "maintenance person" if there was one for this task.

Keep, is an interesting diverse word. Rules of keep had suffered me some wonderment in the past.

Comment

Leave no trace

Comment

Yes, but your logic would require that more than two can keep a secret.

Comment

The only maintenance would be a bear taking a dump on the spot...

Comment

Keep thinking Old Pilot, thinking’s better then drinking...

Comment

Maybe the finder should be the one to do the maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                Forrest mentioned sitting under a pine tree and dying there, as if this seemed like a preferred place for this. If his TC was hidden here, would he have wanted, while still alive, somebody to do
                at least occasional "maintenance" of the location, such that the TC would be eventually findable by someone with a correct solve of the poem? If falling needles, branches, pine cones, and the
                like accumulated for a few decades, the chest could conceivably end up hidden from view by someone standing at the right spot. In some places, it's not legal to use a metal detector (which most folks don't own or know how to use). I wonder who would be the "maintenance person" if there was one for this task.
                The only reasonable trustee would be an attorney. Someone bound by ethical codes. Or a blood brother, but I don't know about those kinds of secrets.

Comment

Maybe I should call John up and ask him after all it was his land.
                  I know he is around 70 so that would not stop him from doing a little work.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    "Two can keep a secret if one is dead"... the Finder of course... especially if he/she lived nearby.

Comment

Working...
                    X