X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A solve, try this one out - Part 2

This is Part 2 of my solve.
    Link to Part 1 : https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...y-this-one-out

Here's a map of some important verification lines taken from hints, click on it to enlarge...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Correct Solve BIG.png
Views:	317
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	271859

In this post I'm only going to talk about the purple lines,
    and the Big Horn Medicine Wheel as it relates to Taurus (the constellation), and the solve.

Lines (purple).
    Line #1.
    Huckleberry Fire Lookout (State Historic Preservation) -to- Wildcat Peak.
    This comes from the hint of one of the items in the chest, the Tairona and Sinu necklace with 39 animal fetishes.
    Forrest tells that it has 2 special items:
    - "a frog with bulbous eyes and legs cocked as if ready to spring",
    This is hinting to a ranger with binoculars and ready to spring into action. That hints to the Fire Lookout.
    https://wyoshpo.wyo.gov/index.php/pr...n-fire-lookout
    - "a jaguar claw",
    This hints to Wildcat Peak. This is the big cat, as there's also a Wildcat Ridge just below it as the small cat. That's in line #3.
    This line goes through Brown Meadows, where Brown's Grave is (HOB).

There's another line next to this one...
    Line #2.
    Huckleberry Fire Lookout -to- Thumb -to- Thumb Print -to- Glover Peak.
    Glover Peak is in Wyoming, you can find it on GE with a search.
    The "Thumb Print" is a visual hint (I have about 10 of these) that's located just north (and slightly east) of Big Sheep Mountain, Wyoming.
    A line from Huckleberry Lookout to Glover Peak goes through or over the middle points of interest.
    Here's the Thumb on the map

Name:	Correct Solve Thumb.png
Views:	253
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	271860

This line (#2) goes right through the hand holding the thumb up.
    This is hinted at in two places in TTOTC.
    One is the story where Forrest held up his thumb and covered up Philadelphia.
    And Philadelphia is the home of the first US mint. (Treasure.)
    I've already shown solves involving the $100 bill and nickel, dime, and quarter coins in Part 1.
    The second one is the story Forrest tells about pies at the end of "My Spanish Toy Factory."
    He says that if he could find the lady's grave, he'd
    "push a nickel under he grave marker and just leave it there."
    Note that this thumb is right under Brown's Grave (verified on the topo map that I showed in Part 1).
    And also that my treasure location is "under" this high ground.

Line #3.
    Cow Island, through Bailey Creek, to Wildcat Ridge (the small cat, as I said earlier).
    This is hinted at in the story "Bessie and Me", in TTOTC.
    Forrest tells of squirting the neighborhood cats with milk while milking Bessie.
    And they "walk away licking themselves and feeling blessed."
    This line goes through Bailey Creek twice, forming the "smile" that was hinted at several times.
    The treasure location is off the end of this smile, as in "will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure." (Rain bow, the smile.)

Line #4.
    This line runs from Owl Peak (wise), over both Wildcat Ridge and Wildcat Peak, though Cody, and then up to the Big Horn Medicine Wheel (wise men).
    So it verifies the Medicine Wheel, used also to lead back to the treasure location at the Lot (underlines the smile), as well as Wildcat Ridge and Peak.

Next up will be Taurus.

This is the Taurus constellation laid out on my solve.
    Taurus is in the thick fiery orange color.
    The Draco constellation is in the thick dark red color. I've explained that already, but keep in mind that it's the "False Treasure Path." Every treasure hoard needs a good false treasure room, just like King Tut's burial chamber.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Correst Taurus and Draco.png Views:	9 Size:	3.06 MB ID:	273069

The Bull of Taurus connection to the chase riddle should be apparent.
    To find Taurus on the map, I started with the right eye (left side as we look at it), because it's known as the "Fiery Eye" of the bull that watches the Hunter, Orion.
    This seems easy, with the Huckleberry Fire Lookout, which I've explained in the first post here, line #1.

The rest fell into place easily too.
    The "nose" of Taurus is Arizona Isle. There's a hint in the fact that Taurus ...

--------------
    Ok, picking this up again after some thinkin'.

Lets go back to Huckleberry Lookout.
    -James Swisher was the forward air controller who spotted Forrest's plane was on fire.
    -He was the one who saw which way Forrest went, his "30 degrees for 30 miles", which I used to find Brown Meadows from Meek Mountain, where Forrest got meek after getting hit and took off.
    -And he was the one who went out looking for where Forrest was, and finally found him. Without him, Forrest would not have been rescued.
    James Swisher was Forrest's "huckleberry" in this. A strong hint that Huckleberry Lookout is part of the solution.
    I explained that in the first post.

So Forrest gave recognition to James Swisher here as a savior.

I also have a line from Buffalo, Wyoming (hint to all things "Bull"), through the Seven Brothers Lakes (the picture of Forrest, together with his 6 rescuers from the Candy Ann making 7 brothers) which is under Bomber Mountain, through Meeteetse (heading to the Teton Range area, Forrest's sense of humor and "a homely girl"), through the Parting of the Waters area, and to the spot where Bailey Creek empties into Arizona Creek ("There 'll be no paddle up your creek").
    Forrest was rescued, no paddle or punishment like Captain Kidd suffered from his sentence at the Old Bailey.
    Here, he recognizes the crew of the Candy Ann, as more saviors.

Next, Forrest gives recognition to his daughters and to Peggy (separately) as his final saviors when he had cancer.

(I'll be back later for this. )
    Last edited by Walker; 04-10-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Save 2

Comment

Save 3

Comment

First thought I got when I saw the first photo was "LSD"...

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
            First thought I got when I saw the first photo was "LSD"...
            Here's a picture with all of my lines. Go crazy, lol.

Name:	Map Lines Complete.png
Views:	257
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	271871

Comment

Good grief! Well, the chances are at least one of those lines points in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
                Good grief! Well, the chances are at least one of those lines points in the right direction.
                Between Part 1 and Part 2, I've been spelling out the most important lines and the deciphering of this great riddle.
                This was a work of art.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

Between Part 1 and Part 2, I've been spelling out the most important lines and the deciphering of this great riddle.
                  This was a work of art.
                  Looks like you've been awake for 10 days straight...

Comment

Has anyone taken Save 4 yet? Heck, just give me 1/4 if nothing else.

Comment

At least you drew lines. I just make pins in Google maps.

Comment

Too complicated, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
                          At least you drew lines. I just make pins in Google maps.
                          The ball of string (a clew) was the hint to make lines.
                          It's an old map thing that you can take a string and hold it tight using your thumb nails on each hand, marking the distance on the map's scale, and then "walk" off a distance on the map.
                          And in old police shows they used strings from pin to pin to mark off all the scenes of crimes to find the home base or central location of the cereal criminal.
                          You can also use a string tied to a pencil to make a radius from a point on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                            Too complicated, in my opinion.
                            It couldn't last 1,000 years if it were easy.
                            Even so, I posted a simple version (that lacked confidence) in Part 1.
                            But hell, a lot of people had confidence in simple solves from what I've seen.
                            Someone else was within 200', and didn't have this for confidence, and moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

The ball of string (a clew) was the hint to make lines.
                              It's an old map thing that you can take a string and hold it tight using your thumb nails on each hand, marking the distance on the map's scale, and then "walk" off a distance on the map.
                              And in old police shows they used strings from pin to pin to mark off all the scenes of crimes to find the home base or central location of the cereal criminal.
                              You can also use a string tied to a pencil to make a radius from a point on the map.
                              I agree with the ball of string hint. I took mine string from place to place, rabbit hole to rabbit hole. Then an Ah-ha moment suddenly struck me!! Yes!! I had the spot!! I was finally done chasing rabbits!!!

I then thought about Forrest's quote about looking at the big picture. So I zoomed out my map on Google Earth and could not believe what I saw.....

Name:	Screenshot_20210406-190148_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	351.2 KB
ID:	271924

Comment

Working...
                              X