Searching before summer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching before summer...

Why would crazy folk do this? The big guy always told us not to.

My email to Forrest in 2018. I have been too ashamed to share it sooner.

Forrest,

I know where the treasure is and I'm letting you know I will be retrieving it in May.

John

John, I have told you twice now to ONLY TO SEARCH IN SUMMER, but you are afraid of listening. It's obvious you don't know where the chest is hidden, because you are clearly dumb.

Please forgive the harshness, its just that "wet behind the ears" city folk like yourself are a danger to themselves. It seems the only way to get the message across. f

Nevereverever did he write this, but nice try! I'm sure we got (at least) your message!

I can easily prove this to be fake by showing his mail to me and the obvious differences in style:

"CR, you dumbass! You think you should go search in May? Well, since your brain seems to be a fatty mass of slow thinking pudding you'll probably need plenty of time to find your own mfing butt! So just go in mid May and play Can-ass-ta for a month or two before that vacuum behind your stoopid mfing smile even starts humming! Why are you travelling those far distances anyway? You're as smart as a big pile of bearpoo! Stay home and be mfing patient, jerk! f"

You see, he was just that kind of guy... polite, warm, huge heart, just a good ole pal you'd love to spend an evening at the bar and have a couple of beers with...
    Last edited by Cowboyrocker; 04-06-2021, 03:45 AM.
    „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
    G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
      Why would crazy folk do this? The big guy always told us not to.

My email to Forrest in 2018. I have been too ashamed to share it sooner.

Forrest,

I know where the treasure is and I'm letting you know I will be retrieving it in May.

John

John, I have told you twice now to ONLY TO SEARCH IN SUMMER, but you are afraid of listening. It's obvious you don't know where the chest is hidden, because you are clearly dumb.

Please forgive the harshness, its just that "wet behind the ears" city folk like yourself are a danger to themselves. It seems the only way to get the message across. f
      If this is truly a quote from Fenn, it DOES make sense. High water season is the worst in April and May. Spring run off dies back in June, the beginning of summer. “Wet behind the ears” was a nod and hint to that.

Comment

Yawn . . . looks like another statistic about to happen (life lost while treasure hunting).

Comment

Forrest told us we can take children along, so if the weather isn't right for our future, we don't make it our end.

I wouldn't dream of going anywhere before the end of August/September.

The crazies are already wrapping up, which is bewildering.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
            Forrest told us we can take children along, so if the weather isn't right for our future, we don't make it our end.

I wouldn't dream of going anywhere before the end of August/September.

The crazies are already wrapping up, which is bewildering.
            So, you're calling a person, any person, who goes into the Rockies in perhaps June/July a 'crazy' ?
            Sounds like a CU agenda drive to me ---don't forget TRUE SEARCHERS, CU often work in pairs ! (When commenting on a thread).

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post

So, you're calling a person, any person, who goes into the Rockies in perhaps June/July a 'crazy' ?
              Nope, the Finder (Jack) travelled in June and retrieved the chest. He is not crazy.

If I were to go collect the goodies I would travel late summer. That way I could search comfortably, with minimal effort, allowing room for error and correction, so not to have to make more than one trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

Nope, the Finder (Jack) travelled in June and retrieved the chest. He is not crazy.

If I were to go collect the goodies I would travel late summer. That way I could search comfortably, with minimal effort, allowing room for error and correction, so not to have to make more than one trip.
                Monsoon season. He did say the treasure is wet...

Comment

It's getting close to GO time. We've got this!

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post
                    It's getting close to GO time. We've got this!
                    "Go time" eh ?--probably means CU's work is nearly done !

Comment

"Go time" eh ?--probably means CU's work is nearly done !
                      Happy Gypsy footprints have been spotted surrounding the brimstone incinerator. Who's ready to dance?

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post

Happy Gypsy footprints have been spotted surrounding the brimstone incinerator. Who's ready to dance?
                        I hope ALL CUers go to hell !

Comment

I hope ALL CUers go to hell !
                          Let’s dig them a hole so they have a head start.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                            Let’s dig them a hole so they have a head start.
                            Could use one of those deeper 'rabbit holes' to lighten the work load !

Comment

Working...
                            X