Wallace Beery and Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallace Beery and Jack

As most of you know, I'm on the fence and go back and forth on this entire ending scenario. That said, I think that especially for the doubters I should probably share some things I've potentially figured out. Some of you I have shared this with privately or perhaps as a comment on a not entirely related thread on here.

In the last scrapbook before it was found, Forrest mentions meeting Wallace Beery when Forrest was 12 years old. Wallace Beery is an actor. In 1942, when Forrest was 12 years old, Wallace Beery starred in one major motion picture released that year. It was titled "Jackass Mail." Also in that scrapbook, Forrest mentions Skippy building a wooden trap for a bear and it get broken into bits. Cue Jack: "The blaze was broken."

The last film Wallace Beery starred in before his death was called "Big Jack" and he played the role of Big Jack.

Now, this scrapbook would only have made sense to Jack if he figured out how to read them, because it made no sense to me until Jack released his name. Trust me, I studied all kinds of things about Wallace Beery, but because I was not the audience for that story it simply made no sense why he would be writing about Wallace Beery getting angry at him when he was 12.

Had Forrest not mentioned his age when he encountered (fictionally?) Wallace Beery, then we could chalk this up to coincidence. But he mentions a year that we can use to look at Wallace Beery on Wikipedia and see that Forrest was indeed responding or flagging down someone named Jack very shortly before it was announced found. That was Forrest's last scrapbook. I firmly believe that he was using scrapbooks to attempt communication or to confirm for at least Jack that he was on the correct track, especially with the broken shattered wood of Skippy's grizzly bear trap made of two inch logs. A two inch log would never trap a grizzly bear, as we all know. Most adult humans could snap a two inch pine limb with their hands or perhaps using their knee. A grizzly bear would have zero concerns with a two inch bit of pine.

When you couple the "Jackass Mail" film with the "Big Jack" film and then add in Forrest's use of that infamous and politically incorrect word that Jack got in trouble for using... it sure seems to me that Forrest was indeed signaling to someone named Jack. That the finder is later revealed to be named Jack makes sense to me. It's not a conspiracy type thing. Jack did figure it out. Forrest agreed with him in the scrapbook that something was broken (Skippy's ridiculous grizzly bear trap).

To keep conspiracy folks and the other half of my thoughts happy, maybe I'll write a post why it maybe wasn't Jack. But knowing what we know now about the finder's name, that Wallace Beery scrapbook mention makes a lot of sense to me. It's quite possible that Forrest was pushing everyone who was close to finding it along to end the chase. Because I don't know anyone else who was close, I can't quite examine scrapbook contexts to see if it was them.

Also, I don't have access to the scrapbooks so I have to use my memory on this sort of thing.

Did you ask Jack if he thought he was being signaled by this scrapbook?

Comment

Jack said he didn’t believe scrapbooks had any hints. I’m pretty sure they did. He may have not wanted people to clue into that scrapbook though because it makes it look like Forrest gave him the green light. I’m not sure it matters now, since it’s over.

Something to think about though is the blaze and HOB. Lots of mentions of bears in his last few posts. And the wrecked trap is interesting.

Did HOB relate to bears?
      Was the blaze “wood?”

I agree he was being signaled but I don’t think he’d admit it.

Comment

Wall-Ace-Beer-Y

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post
          Did you ask Jack if he thought he was being signaled by this scrapbook?
          Nope. I asked him other questions though. He's not looking to be forthcoming about anything related to the chase. His timeline doesn't make sense and the idea that he'd be making a video for AGK in 2019 when he claims he solved it in 2018 doesn't make any goddamn sense. Like I said, I'm on the fence about his account, but this scrapbook seems purpose built for him... or someone else. Not sure.

Comment

June, I went through this scrapbook many times myself. I saw some things that made sense, but when I read the words over and over, it was a bit muddier. I walked away with "alert" and the sense that the movie poster was very, very important. The concept of "cutting ice" and "cutting no ice" seemed important.

Maybe the LS is a carpenter or lumberjack? But what sane "woodsman" saws holes in the ground, over and over, and kicks up a bunch of sawdust that way? That seems like a red flag to me that something wasn't precisely right. I guess if something's not precisely right, a person ought to have saw something left.

Oh well, too much Easter candy I guess, I don't think about anything normally anymore...not far from a sandwich board.

Does that seem like a red flag to you, too? Fits the profile of a "too much lead" searcher, sawing away at a rabbit hole in the ground. I guess the theory was that if one digs deep enough, one can physically/actually put themself and their gear in below the home of Brown. Poor guy, and now that "ground attack" is immortalized forever in a scrapbook image.
            Last edited by JHSharp; 04-06-2021, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
              June, I went through this scrapbook many times myself. I saw some things that made sense, but when I read the words over and over, it was a bit muddier. I walked away with "alert" and the sense that the movie poster was very, very important. The concept of "cutting ice" and "cutting no ice" seemed important.

Maybe the LS is a carpenter or lumberjack? But what sane "woodsman" saws holes in the ground, over and over, and kicks up a bunch of sawdust that way? That seems like a red flag to me that something wasn't precisely right. I guess if something's not precisely right, a person ought to have saw something left.

Oh well, too much Easter candy I guess, I don't think about anything normally anymore...not far from a sandwich board.

Does that seem like a red flag to you, too? Fits the profile of a "too much lead" searcher, sawing away at a rabbit hole in the ground. I guess the theory was that if one digs deep enough, one can physically/actually put themself and their gear in below the home of Brown. Poor guy, and now that "ground attack" is immortalized forever in a scrapbook image.
              Alert Gosky. "Alert! Go Sky." Fly, get there fast.
              Count the letters 4 spaces back for the code.

The treasure is gone, time ran out.

Comment

Yes. Ellert Cosky (or was it Kosky?) makes his first appearance in the Chase world in that same scrapbook doesn't he? And then he appears again in the note Forrest wrote for the searchers who gathered in West Yellowstone for the Fenn Finale. In the first appearance, I think Ellert and Skippy and Forrest were throwing lettuce at each other on the loading dock. In the Finale note, Ellert is driving back and forth kicking up dust in front of the Dude Motel. That would make sense if they were kids, but Forrest was a grown ass man when the Dude was built. Why is he portraying Ellert as creating all kinds of dust or a "dust up" when they are adults? And then Forrest goes and what... waters Skippy's car... because he's friends with Ellert?
                So....

....What the Forrest?

There's dust in both of the final "scrapbooks" (I guess we can consider the note to searchers at Finale a scrapbook of sorts). Saw dust in one and road dust or gravel dust or rock dust in the other.

Comment

Last edited by JacksBeer88W; 04-08-2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

June Did Everything Right Wallace Beery could very well be a hint to the final spot and have nothing to do with Jack given new info that has been floating around for last couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by miracleman View Post
                      June Did Everything Right Wallace Beery could very well be a hint to the final spot and have nothing to do with Jack given new info that has been floating around for last couple of weeks.
                      New like you miracleman? What's the miracle you claim man? Walk the talk or step aside

Comment

You’ll have to ask Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman. They’ll learn you

I may be new, but what I had in mind was more like a meadow. Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
                          Wall-Ace-Beer-Y
                          What's your point?

Comment

Thanks, all, for the responses. I need to some additional work on this scrapbook and see what possibilities are there. Maybe I’ll try some of that fancy “cipherin’” in Shy Guy’s 34th video, then look for a “sine,” maybe even roll over a natural log or two.

Comment

Thanks, all, for the responses. I need to some additional work on this scrapbook and see what possibilities are there. Maybe I’ll try some of that fancy “cipherin’” in Shy Guy’s 34th video, then look for a “sine,” maybe even roll over a natural log or two.
                              If you are looking for a sine, you may want to enroll that twigonometry class being offered. Not only did I find a sine there, I found a cosine there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X