Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how did F know treasure was still out there before last June?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post

And it’s powered by (Jack’s) magic beans.
    Jax greatest magic is the bottle of Beano in his right pocket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210405-211523_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	683.1 KB
ID:	271737

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that Lemmiwinks has small twitch in his eyelid?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post
        Has anyone else noticed that Lemmiwinks has small twitch in his eyelid?
        There's much to learn from Lemmiwinks.

Comment

In response to the thread title; he didn't know it was still out there (in the RM's) 'cos IT NEVER WAS OUT THERE ! (AS ADVERTISED).
          It was, however, buried in his front yard buried beneath some trees (possibly willows). By front yard, I mean between the house & the road.

Comment

If Forrest told you a specific clue, and told you that "it is a clue", what are some reasons why you might choose to ignore it?

Comment

Fate, or you could end up like Jack...

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post
                In response to the thread title; he didn't know it was still out there (in the RM's) 'cos IT NEVER WAS OUT THERE ! (AS ADVERTISED).
                It was, however, buried in his front yard buried beneath some trees (possibly willows). By front yard, I mean between the house & the road.
                I told him that a year back, but it was under the big dead juniper from San Lazaro.

Comment

He said several times that there wasn't a way to know 100% for sure if it had been found. He probably did place an enticement in the chest so the finder would contact him but that wouldn't be a failsafe. Personally I would have contacted him anonymously to make sure the chase was called off because I'm not an asshole who enjoys people spending time in futile effort and possibly dying. I would not have met with him not ever burdened him with keeping my identity private. Jack screwed that part up big time. Also I would have revealed the location after giving a heads up to the appropriate parties responsible for management of the wilderness in which it was hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by nocountryforoldmen View Post
                    I can only see this meaning there was a final step, after the final clue, and that step was to get the actual location of chest from Fenn. Due to Fenn's failing health I believe it is possible that he felt the need to accelerate the find, as there was an almost zero possibility of finding the chest/valuables using the poem alone. Enter Stuef. Whether Fenn deemed him to be closest in the 'toe to toe' or if indeed the blaze/final-clue had been removed or damaged it's possible that Fenn deemed Stuef the winner due to the clock quickly running out. If Stuef 'called Fenn' how did he convince him that he wasn't just some crank? There must have been a mechanism in place at the final clue, or in the chest, a password or what not?
                    I struggle to understand the whole Fenn-wanted-to-wrap-things-up-because-his health-was-failing theory. Fenn planned for the search to last for several decades (if not longer)—certainly to outlive him. And, despite getting the bracelet back and getting to see his treasure again, he said that it was bittersweet that the chest was found while he was alive. (Or did Jack say that? If the latter, it has less credibility than if Fenn said it.) In all events, Fenn hoped / planned / knew the chase would/could take more than a decade, so it just makes little sense to hurry things up. Sure, there was litigation pending that his estate would have to deal with, but no family member was on the hook in a personal capacity. At most, it’s a headache for the family, but it seems a small price to pay for the ability to keep the search—his legacy—going.

Comment

The simple thing would be the gold was real the real chest and the rest waited for the finder to want it all.
                      No one was going to take half when they could have it all, Forrest counted on that. Human nature does not change.
                      We seen how careful Forrest was treating that bio of him,I just can't see an art dealer putting all them pretty things
                      into a chest not closed and sealed and into the Wyoming winters.He knew how fragile some of that stuff was.
                      Forrest treasured history and art that chest and what was in it was both.

Comment

Working...
                      X