Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how did F know treasure was still out there before last June?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did F know treasure was still out there before last June?

Prior to the June 2020 discovery Fenn had said he knew the chest/treasure had not been found, was still out there. How would he know? What was stopping anyone retrieving the chest and its valuable contents and disappearing into the sunset? Such a scenario could feasibly leave subsequent searchers looking for a non-existent treasure forever. Fenn must have had a mechanism in place to ensure he knew whether a find had been made. He would have 'thought of everything'

What if the final clue did not lead to the chest/valuables directly but instead the final clue led to an item (bells?) and maybe instructions to contact Fenn, from whom a final location could be sought. Presumably this location would be one which could not be found using the poem and would only be known to Fenn. This way Fenn could be sure that he could control the fact that the treasure was retrieved or not. If Stuef was the finder it may explain why he needed to return the next day.

Neitzel says that when Stuef found the treasure, he left the chest in the woods and called Fenn, both to let him know and to ask his permission to remove it. Neitzel said he has exchanged emails with Stuef and expressed surprise that he left the chest in the woods for another night before driving it to Fenn's home in New Mexico. "He said he felt that there was something about the whole way the treasure hunt had been set up that he felt it was important that he get Forrest's permission to move it from its secret spot," Neitzel said.

I can only see this meaning there was a final step, after the final clue, and that step was to get the actual location of chest from Fenn. Due to Fenn's failing health I believe it is possible that he felt the need to accelerate the find, as there was an almost zero possibility of finding the chest/valuables using the poem alone. Enter Stuef. Whether Fenn deemed him to be closest in the 'toe to toe' or if indeed the blaze/final-clue had been removed or damaged it's possible that Fenn deemed Stuef the winner due to the clock quickly running out. If Stuef 'called Fenn' how did he convince him that he wasn't just some crank? There must have been a mechanism in place at the final clue, or in the chest, a password or what not?

I think the 'treasure' is not the chest and the valuables it contained. The 'treasure' was the item/password at the final clue. Fenn consistently said that the clues would lead to the 'treasure' he never said 'chest' (at least I cannot find such a quote I have searched a good chunk of the Tarryscant archives and found hundreds of references where he said 'treasure' instead of 'chest' when referring to the poem clues destination, I have found zero references to 'poem clues lead to the chest' - correct me if I am wrong.)

You're probably on the right track. My personal opinion is that the chest itself never left NM once Fenn owned it. We may never know...

Comment

The scroll said to celebrate

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
        The scroll said to celebrate
        'Freedom from the ass of doom is the treasure you will win'.
        Looks like a message from CU to the 'persecuted LEADSOLVER IE ME!
        So, care to elaborate ?, PeePee.

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post

'Freedom from the ass of doom is the treasure you will win'.
          Looks like a message from CU to the 'persecuted LEADSOLVER IE ME!
          So, care to elaborate ?, PeePee.
          This is Lemmiwinks. Google it, do about 30 minutes of research.

Comment

From there I recommend S7 E9, and follow it with S11 E1

Comment

There was a bomb. Only to be unarmed if found before ff died.

Comment

Anybody noticed CUers regularly CHANGE THEIR AVATAR ?-- One reason : to change /send a message to 'someone'.
                They're so clever, aren't they ?

Comment

Fenn knew it was there through radio contact, AM radio.
                  Telemetry? I could still be there. The wire isn’t a bomb it’s an antenna... duh

Comment

Not really sure what Jack found, if he was willing to give his name, why not the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by 1&Only1Trailblazer View Post
                      Not really sure what Jack found, if he was willing to give his name, why not the truth?
                      Does Jack know?

Comment

He’s gotta know something, if he was a fraud the family and personal friends wouldn’t have let it gone this far, IMO

Comment

He’s gotta know something, if he was a fraud the family and personal friends wouldn’t have let it gone this far, IMO
                          Yeah, that old boy has to know something.

Comment

The chest contained a small vial which would break when disturbed. This would then go onto make international news.

Comment

Fenn knew it was there through radio contact, AM radio.
                              Telemetry? I could still be there. The wire isn’t a bomb it’s an antenna... duh
                              And it’s powered by (Jack’s) magic beans.

Comment

Working...
                              X