• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowledge
    replied
    Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
    You guys kill me.
    No license needed to carry a fishing rod it's only when you dangle in the water. Good thyme - YES - but looking for the "home" of Brown, quite a difference between a house and a home. I'm sticking with my lil Snoopy pole - it hasn't failed me yet! I'm thinking half -full or half-empty, doesn't matter cuz there's plenty of room for me and alot of others. The more the merrier.
    Do you think that a guy like me could walk along a river and NOT cast into the deep outside turn
    knowing Forrest wet a line or two right there.That I would then become one of them people in his book
    that has come after him and fished them very spots he once did.At least I would get into a Forrest Fenn
    book as one of those people.Maybe I can find some other way to be remembered by searchers someday

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    You guys kill me.
    No license needed to carry a fishing rod it's only when you dangle in the water. Good thyme - YES - but looking for the "home" of Brown, quite a difference between a house and a home. I'm sticking with my lil Snoopy pole - it hasn't failed me yet! I'm thinking half -full or half-empty, doesn't matter cuz there's plenty of room for me and alot of others. The more the merrier.
    Definitely! I was just having a little fun with the New Mexico tourism video when (was it Jack?) asked about the “house of Brown.”

I would never knock a Snoopy rod! I’ve seen some big ones pulled in on those!

Leave a comment:

• wwwamericana
    replied
    You guys kill me.

Leave a comment:

• Not4but242Walk
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
    . . . on a search trip, if you arrived at the logical parking lot (from which to start your BOTG search hike) -- and found the parking lot half-full of vehicles?
    There are parking lots in wilderness areas?

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

With my luck here comes Mr Ranger looking out for strangers and ask me for my fishing license
    that I do not have because I am only there for the chest and connection with Forrest.
    But I love the way you think not only in this post but many.
    So I will have a rod and reel with a Rapala and maybe a Pinky jig will be in order in the end.
    Thanks Knowledge. You too! I hope so!

Leave a comment:

• Knowledge
    replied
    Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
    h

Well, if I’m channeling my best Forrest Fenn, I’d recognize that the lot is actually half-empty. Then, having shifted my perspective (or would it actually change the rest of the world?) I’d go in and have a good thyme looking for the “house of Brown.” In my case, my backup cover would be a big Zebco 33 outfit with a Zara Spook tied on. They’d assume I’m just a regular old fisherman, nothing to see here.
    With my luck here comes Mr Ranger looking out for strangers and ask me for my fishing license
    that I do not have because I am only there for the chest and connection with Forrest.
    But I love the way you think not only in this post but many.
    So I will have a rod and reel with a Rapala and maybe a Pinky jig will be in order in the end.

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    h
    . . . on a search trip, if you arrived at the logical parking lot (from which to start your BOTG search hike) -- and found the parking lot half-full of vehicles?
    Well, if I’m channeling my best Forrest Fenn, I’d recognize that the lot is actually half-empty. Then, having shifted my perspective (or would it actually change the rest of the world?) I’d go in and have a good thyme looking for the “house of Brown.” In my case, my backup cover would be a big Zebco 33 outfit with a Zara Spook tied on. They’d assume I’m just a regular old fisherman, nothing to see here.

Leave a comment:

• Tornado
    replied

Only the "government" ones right? What were THEY doing there.….
    And the "Elk hunters" from California

Leave a comment:

• wwwamericana
    replied
    Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Well, I'd probably let the air out of at least two tires on every vehicle . . .
    Only the "government" ones right? What were THEY doing there.….

Leave a comment:

• ROLL TIDE
    replied
    Well, I'd probably let the air out of at least two tires on every vehicle . . .

Leave a comment:

• sally
    replied
    Yes well Nero still fishes in the lake of darkness. So good luck with all that.

Leave a comment:

• jan_v60
    replied
    I would never park my car on a dedicated parking lot. I would look for a place along the (dust)road. Probably also much closer to the hiding spot.

Leave a comment:

• sally
    replied
    . . . if i showed you my dark side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxgZnVTyWRk

take a stray dog home day

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

Old Pilot - Forrest told everyone over and over that it wasn't in a dangerous place. The BENCHMARK post is the edge of the Yellowstone, edge of the Gallatin National Forrest and easement marker for for Hwy 191. 5his is why in Kpro'w interview with Forrest he he talked about easements. He also talked about sub chapter S's, as a hint for this spot. The word YELLOW on the sign and the subs for submarine because he wanted someone LOOK down when they were in this spot and find the U. There is a huge parking lot there. It's not a dangerous spot. After Forrest hid the chest and while walking back to his car, he laughed out loud and said "Forrest Fenn did U really do that?"
    If you search there, good luck. I spent a little time looking at that place with google earth. I don't see enough support in a solve directing someone there. But I suppose if I don't find the trove on my search hike this next summer, I may plan to eventually stop at that benchmark thing at a later time if I ever am conveniently in the area.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Fennway View Post

I would eat avocado toast every day if I could, but it’s so fattening. Yum!
    You could skip other items to compensate. Good luck trying to solve the poem, if that's what you do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X