What would you do . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do . . .

. . . on a search trip, if you arrived at the logical parking lot (from which to start your BOTG search hike) -- and found the parking lot half-full of vehicles?
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 04-02-2021, 10:15 PM.

It would depend of the vehicles. What type of vehicles are you talking about? If it's a bunch a trucks, sign me up!!!
    https://youtu.be/RePtDvh4Yq4

Comment

First, I’d wonder why it wasn’t completely full. Then I would figure that the local snowflakes were still otherwise occupied with their avocado toast and chai tea, before hitting the trail.
      (edit: I’d also be jealous cuz I’m sure I would have just had a day-old bagel.)
      Last edited by elperro; 04-02-2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Josh Gates? Is that you?

Comment

Put my expired New Mexico plate on over my Kansas one in case Oppie is in the parking lot waiting and watching..
          Billy .1f

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
            . . . on a search trip, if you arrived at the logical parking lot (from which to start your BOTG search hike) -- and found the parking lot half-full of vehicles?
            I would say to myself, "Forrest was right, a parking lot of people have been within 500' of the treasure."

Comment

Sherif Billy Aha! That's what the dotted eye in the middle of Mexico is. It's a hidden camera waiting to film the next FF documentary adventure.
              Forget it Josh, you're too late!
              LOL

Comment

Well O.P. , I would LOVE to answer your question , however my spots parking lot is always full , so I do not have the luxury of choice in that scenario ...But this does help somewhat with blocking me from the Nosy Rosy neighbors that leave their light on all night with the window open .....

Comment

I would just come back in the dead of night and a flashlight, arriving probably around 1:30am when everyone is getting their precious shut eye. I would take extra precautions as to change my color to match my surroundings as well. Another half hour hike later and I would arrive at my spot and I'll be sure to get the heck out of there before the milkman arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post
                    Josh Gates? Is that you?
                    Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                      Old Pilot - Forrest gave the best advice. Eat your sandwich while waiting and use your flashlight after dark when the area clears out.

Comment

Egg all the cars and go in the back door.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
                          I would just come back in the dead of night and a flashlight, arriving probably around 1:30am when everyone is getting their precious shut eye. I would take extra precautions as to change my color to match my surroundings as well. Another half hour hike later and I would arrive at my spot and I'll be sure to get the heck out of there before the milkman arrives.
                          B R R E E A A K I I N N G NEWS: Chameleons travel in flashlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

Old Pilot - Forrest gave the best advice. Eat your sandwich while waiting and use your flashlight after dark when the area clears out.
                            I never seriously believed that FF wanted any of us to be BOTG searching for his TC at nighttime (in the local area of the hidey spot). I don't think he ever wanted any person to step on cactus.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
                              I've been searching at night a few times... man, that moment you hear those cracking twigs from some animal that might be three four times your weight class... at least noone will watch you pee in your pants... xD I've been scared away by hunters quite a few times...
                              „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                              G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Working...
                              X