Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOIA?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FOIA?

    On FB someone is claiming that Jack got the NM video (the unedited one) via a FOIA since it was a public agency. Is this true? If it is, I wonder what other FOIAs Jack filed regarding the chase/FF?
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

  • #2
    Originally posted by kpro View Post
    On FB someone is claiming that Jack got the NM video (the unedited one) via a FOIA since it was a public agency. Is this true? If it is, I wonder what other FOIAs Jack filed regarding the chase/FF?
    He says as much in the description of the video itself that he posted. In the description of the video he noted:

    As the Tourism Department is a state agency, I wondered if it would be subject to a public-records law. It turns out there is one: the Inspection of Public Records Act of New Mexico. This law says that not only are state agencies subject to the law, but materials made by others doing work for a state agency are subject to it as well.

    My first attempt to get a copy of this interview was denied in November of 2018 by the governor's press secretary (of all people). She said the department did not have the footage.

    I tried again with the director of the video. He did have a copy, and the Tourism Department facilitated my request in February of 2019 by sending me a DVD of the raw footage of the interview from a single camera. The DVD did not have any of the other footage used in the commercial.

    As per the Act, this video is a public document, and I am sharing it in its full, raw form. There are no edits by me. I do not know why the crew seem to misnumber the takes in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJxGpKgJ0U

    Are you going to share with the forum what you got from your FOIA request?
    To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RahRah View Post

      Are you going to share with the forum what you got from your FOIA request?
      I never went through with the FOIA I initially filed. F asked me if I would wait until he had passed. I ws in the last step (terrorism check and final security check). I am deciding on what to do now.

      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

      Comment


      • #4
        Jack found something about FF that lead him to the spot:

        Fact: A friend of FF searched for the treasure and got within 200 feet of the chest.

        Jack said the final wooded area was about the size of a football field which means about 300 ft, so close to 200 ft.

        FF said that the 200 foot searcher knew FF better than he thought.

        KNEW FF

        Which implies if you know something about FF you will be able to find the spot he wanted to die.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kpro View Post

          I never went through with the FOIA I initially filed. F asked me if I would wait until he had passed. I ws in the last step (terrorism check and final security check). I am deciding on what to do now.
          Oh, I thought you'd gotten it....glad you honored his wishes, I think that was one thing he wished he hadn't said (something along the lines 'no one has gotten a FOIA' on him). If it were me, I don't think I'd proceed and finalize getting it, but that's me.
          To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
            Jack found something about FF that lead him to the spot:

            Fact: A friend of FF searched for the treasure and got within 200 feet of the chest.

            Jack said the final wooded area was about the size of a football field which means about 300 ft, so close to 200 ft.

            FF said that the 200 foot searcher knew FF better than he thought.

            KNEW FF

            Which implies if you know something about FF you will be able to find the spot he wanted to die.
            There was that time he used to be a fighter pilot...

            Comment


            • #7
              Jack said that he figured out where Forrest wanted to die. So have I (in my opinion). It's in the Rocky Mountains! Anything more specific than that? Jack hasn't
              given us believable evidence (again, in my opinion). I never believed that Jack found the treasure chest. He may have learned a valuable "life lesson" from
              Fenn by participating in the treasure hunt. And Jack may be all blissful, having "found the treasure" (in that lesson). But ho hum, as far as the bronze chest of goodies is concerned. I do believe that it will have been actually found by the end of next summer. Meanwhile, good luck to all of us. I mean that as broadly as possible, regardless of the hunt for the gold coins, nuggets, etc.

              Comment


              • #8
                There's gonna be consequences for Jack's actions. This FOIA action alone should tell tons about the guy & the activities he's involved with.

                Shiloh's guilty by association. That is if Shiloh isn't directly responsible for said hire of Jack to begin with..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
                  Jack found something about FF that lead him to the spot:

                  Fact: A friend of FF searched for the treasure and got within 200 feet of the chest.

                  Jack said the final wooded area was about the size of a football field which means about 300 ft, so close to 200 ft.

                  FF said that the 200 foot searcher knew FF better than he thought.

                  KNEW FF

                  Which implies if you know something about FF you will be able to find the spot he wanted to die.
                  As always: “cherchez la femme”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kpro View Post
                    On FB someone is claiming that Jack got the NM video (the unedited one) via a FOIA since it was a public agency. Is this true? If it is, I wonder what other FOIAs Jack filed regarding the chase/FF?
                    I brought this topic up on our show the other night......Interesting he (Jack) told us as soon as he released this info but many missed it. I think the more interesting point is what Jack learned from this interview. "the chest is not buried where you will find it" - Went straight over the reporters head too.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kpro View Post

                      I never went through with the FOIA I initially filed. F asked me if I would wait until he had passed. I ws in the last step (terrorism check and final security check). I am deciding on what to do now.
                      You've come this far, should probably cross the Finnish line.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        In a early book signing. Prestons wife said something about they would not look for it. Sence they know Forrest so well it wouldn't be fair. Not a exact quote. My interpretation of 8 years ago. Does anyone know the source where Forrest talks about marrying Peggy being the most important thing he's done or to him? But then follows with more. I thought it was around the time of the New Mexico commercial. To me. Where Forrest proposed still might be relevant. The most important thing in his life. He only gives a few paragraphs about when they first met in TTOTC.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fenndy View Post

                          I brought this topic up on our show the other night......Interesting he (Jack) told us as soon as he released this info but many missed it. I think the more interesting point is what Jack learned from this interview. "the chest is not buried where you will find it" - Went straight over the reporters head too.
                          I think, we agree.....I did not read your message before I posted my message, which I edited multiple times for finding the exact relevant time points in the video. Both our messages have been posted at about the same time. But that is not important. The slip ups are important..

                          That is exactly what I posted on the kpro thread a few hours ago.
                          https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...470#post270470
                          Last edited by jan_v60; 04-01-2021, 02:09 PM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X