Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The slip ups by forrest?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    There is only one slip up that stands out in my mind and I still firmly believe that as soon as it went public and Forrest realized his mistake, he quickly paid someone to purge that single phrase from the public record. I know what I read and what I heard but the video and webpage where it was located have both since vanished long ago. I'm not the only one to have heard it too. There are others who heard it and read it. But, I digress, it's history and proving it is like trying to prove there is a God.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kpro View Post

      Jack said that, I agree, but would it be another unedited video?
      What did Jack say about the unedited video not containing the slip-up? I missed that.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by kpro View Post

        They actually rehearsed that part, where he was supposed to say he said something he shouldn’t have, that was staged.
        Exactly! It was then edited to make it look like that something was the part about pinyon nuts. If I had seen the unedited video I might not have wasted so much time searching in NM. Having access to the unedited video might have given Jack an advantage, but no more than the advantage Forrest gave to some searchers when he told them to go to Wyoming.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by WhiteOak141 View Post

          I’m convinced that this is one slip up: “after the first clue, it’s all academic.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJxGpKgJ0U (watch from 15:20-16:10). Specifically, watch what he does with his mouth at the end. It’s odd. It looks and sounds like he’s wincing because he knows he gave something away that he shouldn’t have. Later, at 43:55-44:05, he admits he said something he shouldn’t have.

          And why, if the hunt was on premised on getting people out in nature to look for clues, would it be all academic after the first clue? GPS. Just do the math, and you’ve got the solve. To me, his reaction and just the oddity of the statement, given what the hunt is supposed to be about, gives it away.
          This is certainly a slip up. He’s clearly mad at himself for saying “after that it’s all academic.”

          What does “all academic mean?” Once you find the exact spot of WWWH it’s all academic. So WWWH sets the stage for the context of the hunt, after that you follow that same idea throughout the poem.

          It’s all academic. Interesting.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
            There is only one slip up that stands out in my mind and I still firmly believe that as soon as it went public and Forrest realized his mistake, he quickly paid someone to purge that single phrase from the public record. I know what I read and what I heard but the video and webpage where it was located have both since vanished long ago. I'm not the only one to have heard it too. There are others who heard it and read it. But, I digress, it's history and proving it is like trying to prove there is a God.
            Well what is it? What’s the sense in keeping it quiet now?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Copper View Post

              Well what is it? What’s the sense in keeping it quiet now?
              When Forrest first said the "he knows the treasure is wet", he also said "and it's been covered by a natural process". Many people over the years heard this phrase and read it. We all swear on our children's/parent's graves that we know it was said, but the evidence was scrubbed. In fact, it may have only ever existed online for less than a week.

              Comment


              • #22
                Hmmm, I haven't been around long. The currently quote you will find is "I know it's wet" "Physics tells me it's wet" Or something or that sort. Did you just Berenstein Bears us?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Copper View Post

                  This is certainly a slip up. He’s clearly mad at himself for saying “after that it’s all academic.”

                  What does “all academic mean?” Once you find the exact spot of WWWH it’s all academic. So WWWH sets the stage for the context of the hunt, after that you follow that same idea throughout the poem.

                  It’s all academic. Interesting.
                  I think it is consistent with other things he has said like those who solve the first clue are more than half way to the treasure, metaphorically speaking. It suggests the correct WWWH narrows down the solution to a logical exercise that is easier than the mental effort required to identify the starting point. This is quite different from most treasure hunts where you still don't have very much after solving the first clue.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post

                    When Forrest first said the "he knows the treasure is wet", he also said "and it's been covered by a natural process". Many people over the years heard this phrase and read it. We all swear on our children's/parent's graves that we know it was said, but the evidence was scrubbed. In fact, it may have only ever existed online for less than a week.
                    Although I never saw the part about "and it's been covered by a natural process" until today, it tends to confirm my solve. Thank you for posting.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      About the slip-ups, I believe Jack said that he thought he might have been the only one who recognized them as slip-ups.

                      That would imply that they were from widely known interviews.

                      ...unless he was super devious and petty, to say that as a tease or boast regarding some source only he had access to. IMO he has not acted that way at all, much the opposite as evidenced by his sharing the unedited interview and all the details of how he obtained it.

                      You can ask him that question and he would probably volunteer the answer. Or you could simply ask if there are more interviews that he obtained but did not share.

                      It’s an unnecessary question imo, maybe a bit offensive, but he’s handled similar questions graciously. Asking on a thread, to people who can’t know, might just fuel distractions rather than getting any closer to the actual slip-ups.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        In this interview Forrest starts to say the treasure is higher than 7,000 feet above sea level. As soon as he says seven he corrects himself and says five.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffn_IPVH-Ic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post

                          I think it is consistent with other things he has said like those who solve the first clue are more than half way to the treasure, metaphorically speaking. It suggests the correct WWWH narrows down the solution to a logical exercise that is easier than the mental effort required to identify the starting point. This is quite different from most treasure hunts where you still don't have very much after solving the first clue.
                          I think this is correct. My favorite blaze is part of the it you begin wwwh.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The only slip I remember seeing was in his pocket, and I know it was intentional and with good intent.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
                              In this interview Forrest starts to say the treasure is higher than 7,000 feet above sea level. As soon as he says seven he corrects himself and says five.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffn_IPVH-Ic
                              I don't think this is one of the 'slip ups' Jack refers to since it was widely discussed on various forums.
                              To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by RahRah View Post

                                I don't think this is one of the 'slip ups' Jack refers to since it was widely discussed on various forums.
                                It may not be one of the slip ups that Jack refers to, but I still think it's significant. If the treasure was above 7,000 feet that eliminates Madison Junction as a possible WWWH.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X