Coincidence vs Convenience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidence vs Convenience

I have been considering the events of the end of the chase with respect to how the secret could somehow be kept in the end.

This was a mental exercise I decided to take instead of trying to understand if this was all bullshit or not on the surface. The premise in 2010: A chase that led to a chest of gold in a secret spot. A poem that would lead one to a secret spot. A book that would unlock the poem. A legacy to get people out of the house and into nature. A man brazen enough to dare the world to solve his poem that was and wasn't a riddle.

Over the course of a few years this secret spot turned into a special spot. This chest of gold turned into a quest to unlock a missing biography. The Chase then morphed into "once you solve this thing, you'll laugh. Once you understand you got the solve, you'll laugh at yourself and say 'why didn't I think of that' ". It then morphed to: This spot is so secret, the finder may not want to reveal the 'where'. But damn this solve is gonna make you kick yourself."

The end result was : you never get to know the spot, you never get to know the solve, you never get to understand why this happened.

So how did fate and the universe come together to grant Fenn and Jack the end that only befit them and them alone?

Convenience:
    1. (And this honestly may be most important.) The first convenient fact of Jack Steuf is he found this and solved this *alone*. Two can keep a secret blah blah blah. This thing would have blown wide open months ago if a group of 5 found it. Lucky for the spot that only one man found it.

2. Fenn's final wish ( and perhaps final attempt to control the end) was denied access. We don't need to get into what this may have done for the solve.

3. The very fact that no one else found the chest in the 12 or so hours that Jack left it. This may seem like hyperbole on the surface... but lets dig a little deeper. Fenn made it clear years before the find that someone ( a searcher) was within 500' and then 200' of the chest. Jack knows this. He said himself he studied every Fenn quote inside and out. Jack knew that covid played a role in slowing down the 2020 version of the chase. He knew he was going to the spot in June when most searchers were gearing up for a covid safe BOTG. Its no coincidence he went out looking for the chest the first week of June. And yet... he feels safe enough to leave this newly found chest of gold where he found it. Overnight. Knowing that Fenn stated people were much closer than he was with his 1000 foot fake blaze.

3. a. Convenient for Jack that those within 200/500' didn't return to the spot the first week of June along with Jack.

4. No one has come forward to claim the fake blaze. Many searchers have thought they were the 200 footer- yet none of these people can even so much as leak one iota of Jack's/Fenn's solve.

5. Jack claims he left instructions for his solve for his family before going BOTG. We can ascertain that Jack has in fact told his solution to more than just lawyers... no leaks ?

6. Jack was scheduled to be on AGK a year prior to his find (we assume he would have brought at least the framework or mechanisms to his solve into that meeting). Despite having absolutely no presence in the chase. ( We should assume he had at the very least a reddit name and probably more; I have my suspicions for one such account)

7. Jack has no photos that he's willing to release to the public with him and the chest in situ. (this may give away the location, ok....) Jack has no ability to take a photo of the chest since his meeting with Fenn because its in a vault.

8. Fenn stated one of these 500 foot searchers only visited their spot ONCE. AND NEVER RETURNED. Lets take a moment to think about the audacity of this statement.

Coincidence:
    1. Jack found the chest Friday June 5th, 10 years after the book was released; in which said book contains a stamp on the picture of the chest, in the chapter of the poem, for the EXACT same date when Jack found it.

2. Jack's email anagrams fairly easily from [email protected] to [email protected]

3. A giant twig/stick flew into the chest at the same time Jack took his solitary picture of the found chest.

4. Fenn was being interviewed by a searcher at the time of the find.

5. War dates. We have the chest found on 6/5. (pray for D's) We then have Jacks outing on 12/7.

There was a great show on ABC called LOST. Don't @ me if you didn't like/understand the end ( most simply didn't understand it). But there's a character in the show called Mr Eko. He states "Don't mistake coincidence for fate".

I'm not sure what to mistake coincidence for... But as a member of the skeptic club, I'm curious what other members of the "we all need to move on" club think of these items.

I won't mistake coincidence for fate, but I will, however, question it.

Originally posted by searcher2342 View Post
    I have been considering the events of the end of the chase with respect to how the secret could somehow be kept in the end.

This was a mental exercise I decided to take instead of trying to understand if this was all bullshit or not on the surface. The premise in 2010: A chase that led to a chest of gold in a secret spot. A poem that would lead one to a secret spot. A book that would unlock the poem. A legacy to get people out of the house and into nature. A man brazen enough to dare the world to solve his poem that was and wasn't a riddle.

Over the course of a few years this secret spot turned into a special spot. This chest of gold turned into a quest to unlock a missing biography. The Chase then morphed into "once you solve this thing, you'll laugh. Once you understand you got the solve, you'll laugh at yourself and say 'why didn't I think of that' ". It then morphed to: This spot is so secret, the finder may not want to reveal the 'where'. But damn this solve is gonna make you kick yourself."

The end result was : you never get to know the spot, you never get to know the solve, you never get to understand why this happened.

So how did fate and the universe come together to grant Fenn and Jack the end that only befit them and them alone?

Convenience:
    1. (And this honestly may be most important.) The first convenient fact of Jack Steuf is he found this and solved this *alone*. Two can keep a secret blah blah blah. This thing would have blown wide open months ago if a group of 5 found it. Lucky for the spot that only one man found it.

2. Fenn's final wish ( and perhaps final attempt to control the end) was denied access. We don't need to get into what this may have done for the solve.

3. The very fact that no one else found the chest in the 12 or so hours that Jack left it. This may seem like hyperbole on the surface... but lets dig a little deeper. Fenn made it clear years before the find that someone ( a searcher) was within 500' and then 200' of the chest. Jack knows this. He said himself he studied every Fenn quote inside and out. Jack knew that covid played a role in slowing down the 2020 version of the chase. He knew he was going to the spot in June when most searchers were gearing up for a covid safe BOTG. Its no coincidence he went out looking for the chest the first week of June. And yet... he feels safe enough to leave this newly found chest of gold where he found it. Overnight. Knowing that Fenn stated people were much closer than he was with his 1000 foot fake blaze.

3. a. Convenient for Jack that those within 200/500' didn't return to the spot the first week of June along with Jack.

4. No one has come forward to claim the fake blaze. Many searchers have thought they were the 200 footer- yet none of these people can even so much as leak one iota of Jack's/Fenn's solve.

5. Jack claims he left instructions for his solve for his family before going BOTG. We can ascertain that Jack has in fact told his solution to more than just lawyers... no leaks ?

6. Jack was scheduled to be on AGK a year prior to his find (we assume he would have brought at least the framework or mechanisms to his solve into that meeting). Despite having absolutely no presence in the chase. ( We should assume he had at the very least a reddit name and probably more; I have my suspicions for one such account)

7. Jack has no photos that he's willing to release to the public with him and the chest in situ. (this may give away the location, ok....) Jack has no ability to take a photo of the chest since his meeting with Fenn because its in a vault.

8. Fenn stated one of these 500 foot searchers only visited their spot ONCE. AND NEVER RETURNED. Lets take a moment to think about the audacity of this statement.

Coincidence:
    1. Jack found the chest Friday June 5th, 10 years after the book was released; in which said book contains a stamp on the picture of the chest, in the chapter of the poem, for the EXACT same date when Jack found it.

2. Jack's email anagrams fairly easily from [email protected] to [email protected]

3. A giant twig/stick flew into the chest at the same time Jack took his solitary picture of the found chest.

4. Fenn was being interviewed by a searcher at the time of the find.

5. War dates. We have the chest found on 6/5. (pray for D's) We then have Jacks outing on 12/7.

There was a great show on ABC called LOST. Don't @ me if you didn't like/understand the end ( most simply didn't understand it). But there's a character in the show called Mr Eko. He states "Don't mistake coincidence for fate".

I'm not sure what to mistake coincidence for... But as a member of the skeptic club, I'm curious what other members of the "we all need to move on" club think of these items.

I won't mistake coincidence for fate, but I will, however, question it.
    The "coincidences" you listed look like they were (if true) planned and orchestrated. I'm not going to take the time, anytime soon, to verify them. But the one about anagramming is total fakery.
    One can't simply anagram numbers to letters or vice-versa. So you should, if you seriously want to be believed, edit your posting by deleting the part about anagramming.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

The "coincidences" you listed look like they were (if true) planned and orchestrated. I'm not going to take the time, anytime soon, to verify them. But the one about anagramming is total fakery.
      One can't simply anagram numbers to letters or vice-versa. So you should, if you seriously want to be believed, edit your posting by deleting the part about anagramming.
      Yes because anagramming is heresy. And all anagrammers are going to hell, do not pass go do not collect $200.. You’re an idiot, Old Pilot.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

If I weren't still trying to peace together tiny bits of the poem I might have the time to read this.

Comment

Originally posted by searcher2342 View Post
          Coincidence:
          Fate or coincidence, this one's just eery.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Were you trying to evoke a response from myself with that last sentence ? If so , you've succeeded.
            Now, I wouldn't be as rude as to call you an idiot, honestly, I think you mostly write a lot of sense, but you are WRONG about anagramming
            within the chase--Fenn was an avid anagrammer--I've many examples--He used them on forums, for SB titles, in TTOTC & in the poem.

With reference to Jack's email, IMO the chances of him randomly choosing those numbers that can be decrypted/anagrammed to spell out
            'hid cache', is extremely low--if we were to take these 8 letters & look through all the meaningful words that could be produced, I suspect
            we wouldn't come up with many relevant words or combinations there of--in other words 'hid cache' is highly likely to be the intention of
            the 'Jack' email registrant.
            I honestly see no problem with a combination of a word 'Jack' combined with a simple cypher (1= A, etc).
            CU play games ALL THE TIME !

Comment

I'm a Lostie. Watched it all the way thru 3 or 4 times. The characters named after philosophers, the numbers, I've noticed quite a few parallels between the Chase and Lost. The most troubling being Anthony Cooper. What kind of cancer did F have?

The ending sucked, much like the Chase. Anyhow, it was always Jack.

I will ruminate more on this today.

Comment

Crazy how the stars align in the sky while they did the same on the ground.

Comment

Forrest was served papers by Erskine on June 4th, the next day Jack contacts Forrest to say he found the chest - coincidence or convenience?

Forrest's death so soon after the find - coincidence or convenience?

Sites (and friends of Forrest's) like Dal (shutting down) and Jenny (going silent) - coincidence or convenience?

The name of Jack's "med school" (Temple) - coincidence or convenience?

The timing of Jack's coming out (after Forrest's death) - coincidence or convenience?

Barbarisi happened to be researching the hunt because a friend told him about it, he happens to be the only interview Jack gives and happens to be writing a book which happens to be coming out June 8th 2021 - coincidence or convenience?

Comment

In my humble opinion - Neither coincidence or convenience on what you've posed above Goldilocks . You see, Forrest was OCD with planning details of things to a very minute level. It's obvious when you look at his artifact displays, especially on the walls inside his vault. Folks don't realize how much thought and planning he put into Everything he did. In fact, I believe he was one of the most calculated individuals ever, specializing in amazing attention to detail that are oblivious to the average person.

Therefore, I believe the bizarre way his chase is playing out here at the end are by no means purely random coincidence or thrown down to us out of convenience. All you listed above along with hundreds of other details both big and small, are going Exactly according to Forrest's plan of events, of which we are not privy to see the bigger picture until it's exact right point and place in time for further reveal.

Basically, the Fenn magic cake is still in the oven, the aroma is enticing, and the timer is ticking. I'd say the stage is set for sumthin really really big, based on the track record and history of Forrest Fenn. I could be wrong, and the ending could actually be the big flop that's been presented to us all, but I seriously doubt it, based on all my research into Forrest's character, mannerisms and showmanship over the course of his life.

Time will tell, but I bet we haven't seen the last of FF or his grand finale ending plan for the Chase, either posthumous or miraculously in person. Either way I've learned one thing in the Chase, to never underestimate Forrest Fenn. I'm just sayin ...

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Yes because anagramming is heresy. And all anagrammers are going to hell, do not pass go do not collect $200.. You’re an idiot, Old Pilot.
                      Dear Anna or Darth (whatever you prefer)—

You should respect your elders... he is trying to help you

Billy 1f

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Express View Post
                        In my humble opinion - Neither coincidence or convenience on what you've posed above Goldilocks . You see, Forrest was OCD with planning details of things to a very minute level. It's obvious when you look at his artifact displays, especially on the walls inside his vault. Folks don't realize how much thought and planning he put into Everything he did. In fact, I believe he was one of the most calculated individuals ever, specializing in amazing attention to detail that are oblivious to the average person.

Therefore, I believe the bizarre way his chase is playing out here at the end are by no means purely random coincidence or thrown down to us out of convenience. All you listed above along with hundreds of other details both big and small, are going Exactly according to Forrest's plan of events, of which we are not privy to see the bigger picture until it's exact right point and place in time for further reveal.

Basically, the Fenn magic cake is still in the oven, the aroma is enticing, and the timer is ticking. I'd say the stage is set for sumthin really really big, based on the track record and history of Forrest Fenn. I could be wrong, and the ending could actually be the big flop that's been presented to us all, but I seriously doubt it, based on all my research into Forrest's character, mannerisms and showmanship over the course of his life.

Time will tell, but I bet we haven't seen the last of FF or his grand finale ending plan for the Chase, either posthumous or miraculously in person. Either way I've learned one thing in the Chase, to never underestimate Forrest Fenn. I'm just sayin ...
                        Precisely. Convenience = planned on purpose, with a purpose.

con·ven·ience
                        n.
                        1. The quality of being suitable to one's comfort, purposes, or needs, opportune
                        2. Personal comfort or advantage
                        3. Something that increases comfort or saves work
                        4. A suitable or agreeable time or situation

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

Dear Anna or Darth (whatever you prefer)—

You should respect your elders... he is trying to help you

Billy 1f
                          cosign times 1,000 my brother .

Comment

Goldilocks , I think EVERY single question you asked are bang on correct . Nice job !!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
                              Forrest was served papers by Erskine on June 4th, the next day Jack contacts Forrest to say he found the chest - coincidence or convenience?

Forrest's death so soon after the find - coincidence or convenience?

Sites (and friends of Forrest's) like Dal (shutting down) and Jenny (going silent) - coincidence or convenience?

The name of Jack's "med school" (Temple) - coincidence or convenience?

The timing of Jack's coming out (after Forrest's death) - coincidence or convenience?

Barbarisi happened to be researching the hunt because a friend told him about it, he happens to be the only interview Jack gives and happens to be writing a book which happens to be coming out June 8th 2021 - coincidence or convenience?

Good points. Not sure where even to classify some of them

Fenn dying soon after the chase/ to me... didn’t feel like either. It felt proper if anything. He lived long enough to see something he can properly be attributed to. An old man dying after his treasure was found almost seems on script for one of these things.

the websites closing up seem to be on par as well. However odd.

barbarisi getting the scoop seems convenient. But his method was clever so it’s hard to tell on that one as well

Comment

Working...
                              X