X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

That idea will be considered (some more. It's kinda been, for a while).
    Consider, per chance, that little rock had wings and just how influential that might be (have been) on a young man's mind?
    Last edited by Star Shadow; 04-03-2021, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Suzy View Post
    Maybe the riddle is that Forrest wants to see if his DNA will match someone in the future?
    It does, to a degree. If you mean to the highest degree measurable, that's a pretty low likelihood, unless Forrest is an identical twin. I have no reason to believe he is. But in some circumstances, like when someone has a "double cousin", the two people share identical genetics. I don't know whether that means having the exact same DNA, necessarily. Mutations happen, for example, and could interfere with that kind of "coincidence" (I suspect). As always, part of my opinion.
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 04-03-2021, 01:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by drewman View Post
    'Where Warm Waters Halt' could be (FFs or someone's ) birth - a release from the warm amniotic fluid from the mother, that suddenly 'halts' upon birth. To go even further, 'canyon down' could be the birth canal.
    I'd consider amniotic fluid to perhaps be considered "water", but not "waters".

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Star Shadow View Post
    Perhaps somewhere along this line something as simple as a flying stone could make a huge impact?
    That idea will be considered (some more. It's kinda been, for a while).

Leave a comment:

• elperro
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post
    The original version of "go and leave" probably meant that he would die at the hiding spot ("go" to the afterlife, and "leave" the trove in the physical realm for somebody to find) whereas the new version is him going to hide the trove and leaving it behind while still alive (and not going back to die there). Thus the answer to "why" could be the journey of enlightenment that Forrest took during and after his bout with cancer, causing him to progress and develop his feelings about how and where he would actually die and be interred (or have his ashes spread). Does anybody know that? If Jack does, he wouldn't answer. Perhaps that is the big final reveal.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8A032270-AA20-4BA2-A641-1F891BF9D4B0.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	270944
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Redneck Girl
    replied
    As far as preserving Forrest’s DNA, I had an entire solve based around “Me in the Midden”. They’ve found organic material inside packrat middens that dates back as far as 40,000 years. I thought Forrest wanted his bones near a midden so the packrats could carry some bone fragments inside.

Leave a comment:

• Star Shadow
    replied
    Perhaps somewhere along this line something as simple as a flying stone could make a huge impact?

Leave a comment:

• Suzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

Or it could be a blocked kidney and Forrest was trying to piss people off with that hard poem.
    Maybe he rode in on a (high) horse, and wanted to get rid of it at the end.
    Last edited by Suzy; 04-01-2021, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Suzy
    replied
    I believe the thing with the helicopter would be a far stretch because that would turn things completely on it's head. I mean which way would be "up"? Then again, I guess it doesn't matter when you're in that deep.

But as far as Forrest's DNA is concerned, I think it would be cool if his DNA matched someone in the future. That might finally prove that reincarnation exists and the reason why, at death, many of us are covered in flowers . . as it rein(s)-carnations.

Leave a comment:

• Knowledge
    replied
    Originally posted by drewman View Post
    'Where Warm Waters Halt' could be (FFs or someone's ) birth - a release from the warm amniotic fluid from the mother, that suddenly 'halts' upon birth. To go even further, 'canyon down' could be the birth canal.
    Or it could be a blocked kidney and Forrest was trying to piss people off with that hard poem.

Leave a comment:

• drewman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• elperro
    replied
    How about the topic of being "umbilically connected." Besides being in utero, can you think of a time when Forrest was dependent on being attached by a life-saving, cord-like device? How about when he was being hoisted up to the Candy Ann from the jungle floor near the karst? (sidenote: there could be some symbolic meaning there with the hidey spot, i.e. Forrest's body near a cliff).

Or how about this one, what if Forrest took two trips from his sedan to the hiding place (who says that can't be describing where he 'hid' it in the chopper), and then lowered it with a rope or cord to it's final resting place in the Rocky Mountains in an . . . umbilically attached, sort of delivery. Sounds cray cray, I know. But, Forrest Fenn should not be underestimated, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• elperro
    replied

True . . . But look how much money you could make off of the words, "LUKE, I AM YOUR FODDER".
    Ha! You're a clever turtle. The force is strong with you.

Leave a comment:

• Suzy
    replied
    Originally posted by elperro View Post

Good point. I'd hate for all those Stormtroopers to be clones of Forrest, that would be sad. They are lousy shots and just end up as cannon fodder.
    True . . . But look how much money you could make off of the words, "LUKE, I AM YOUR FODDER".

Leave a comment:

• elperro
    replied

Cool. Maybe that's how Star Wars gets its start. His DNA is cloned into a "Stormtrooper" and they all have to wear masks (hiding their identity) due multiple outbreaks of infectious diseases. After all, Stormtroopers all look alike. They must have the same DNA.
    Good point. I'd hate for all those Stormtroopers to be clones of Forrest, that would be sad. They are lousy shots and just end up as cannon fodder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X