A Summary of Jack's Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Summary of Jack's Emails

It is quite confusing to put all of these together, but I think I did it correctly. Please let me know if I am wrong in an area and I will correct it. To me, this is quite alarming.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	football-field.jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	269995
    A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
    It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Good work OH!! As I keep repeating--The Jack story IS fabricated (by CU) . Anything 'he' says ISN'T worth reading, it's ALL BS, rock on OH!!

Comment

All of this is consistant with a large area, but only a handful of vantage points in which one could spot Bomber Mountain from. Imagining where the wreck might have been, before the year-after-year rock slides damaged it to the point where it was difficult to find, making the exact spot of the chest difficult to find.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
        It is quite confusing to put all of these together, but I think I did it correctly. Please let me know if I am wrong in an area and I will correct it. To me, this is quite alarming.
        You have too much time on your hands.

Comment

I would like to applaud OH!! for his conscientious use of his spare time !

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post
            Good work OH!! As I keep repeating--The Jack story IS fabricated (by CU) . Anything 'he' says ISN'T worth reading, it's ALL BS, rock on OH!!
            I couldn't believe it when I started measuring the areas I searched. I didn't realize how many square feet we could actually cover in a day. Jack should of done his homework before he started answering emails. I'm sure he see's his huge mistake now that someone has done the homework. It's actually kind of comical. It is the 1000 feet between the fake blaze and the chest that makes his football field comment null and void. And when all is studied carefully at what he has said, makes a good note that he does not know how long it takes to search. He has never searched. I'm sure all searchers that have been in the field can see this.
            The 1,440.000 square feet I speak of was not easy terrain either.

Name:	IMG_20190807_140915.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	270035

Name:	IMG_20190808_122154.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	270036
            Last edited by OH!!; 03-30-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I couldn't believe it when I started measuring the areas I searched. I didn't realize how many square feet we could actually cover in a day. Jack should of done his homework before he started answering emails. I'm sure he see's his huge mistake now that someone has done the homework. It's actually kind of comical. It is the 1000 feet between the fake blaze and the chest that makes his football field comment null and void. And when all is studied carefully at what he has said, makes a good note that he does not know how long it takes to search. He has never searched. I'm sure all searchers that have been in the field can see this.
              I agree wholeheartedly, also, IMO, 'Jack' doesn't write for Jack, CU does it all for him ! The 'fake blaze' is a fake story !

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post
                I would like to applaud OH!! for his conscientious use of his spare time !
                You got too much time on your hands reading it...

Comment

Interesting take. The numbers aren't as strange though if you consider how Jack might be counting those 25 days. Let's assume that he made five separate, five day trips (5x5=25) over the 2018-2020 search season. That makes the math easy, but it's also a normal amount of time for a long-weekend BOTG trip. Jack said he flew out west and rented a car. That means he's burning two search days on each trip just getting to his general area. So our equation is now 5x(5-2)=15.

Next I looked up the parameters from several of my own search areas where I had performed dedicated search grids using GPS. I was averaging about 25,000 square feet/day which is far less than you propose here. Using my system, it would take as much as seven days to search three football fields. Why? Because I like to hike around and see everything in the area and usually only search a couple hours a day. Once I've ruled out my primary blaze location, I'm not in a particular hurry to do the methodical grid searching that is necessary to completely rule out an area. One day I climbed Brown Basin, another I hiked up Bear Creek, then Cascade and even Jojo Creek. There's no real reason to do the boring stuff all day unless you're really pressed for time.

Your model doesn't acknowledge that "25 days" might be only 15 search days. And not everyone maximizes their search time when BOTG. Without knowing the area Jack actually searched, I find this inconclusive.

Comment

The 1,440.000 square feet I speak of was not easy terrain either.

Name:	IMG_20190807_140915.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	270035

Name:	IMG_20190808_122154.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	270036
                    my thoughts are the fake blaze is not located within 1000 ft of the real (damaged) blaze......so you can search in one area for a year...not find it and then return to that area once you discover the actual blaze.....look quickly down does not guarantee that the treasure was located within a few feet or even within 100 yards of the actual blaze.........nothing limits the size and distances..

Comment

OH!!, you are the master of technical analysis! I like your critical thinking; you can spend as much time as you like on it, as far as I'm concerned. Yes, a football field is not a very large area to search. But to me the real mistake in Jack's response is the idea that the poem was designed to get a searcher to the general area and then search like mad for "the blaze". That's not at all how Forrest described the process of solving the poem. For the person who solved the poem, it would lead them to an exact spot. Frantic searching for a blaze for 25 days makes no sense. If that was the intended solution, then this puzzle sucked and we should all feel betrayed.

Another obvious mistake is his statement about Scrapbooks. Forrest effectively admitted that the Scrapbooks had clues when he acknowledged that there were clues in his book Once Upon a While, which was nothing more than recycled Scrapbooks (Jack probably wasn't at the event in Santa Fe where this came out). If Jack didn't recognize the clues in the Scrapbooks, then it almost certainly means he didn't understand how Forrest gave clues in the poem/book. We can impute from Forrest's words that such a person would not be able to complete the quest. And don't get me started on this blaze business again. Yes, there is much to be skeptical of in Jack's story.

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post
                        All of this is consistant with a large area, but only a handful of vantage points in which one could spot Bomber Mountain from. Imagining where the wreck might have been, before the year-after-year rock slides damaged it to the point where it was difficult to find, making the exact spot of the chest difficult to find.
                        1) You seem to be over-estimating the movement of sliding rocks on Bomber Mountain.
                        2) Forrest would likely have considered natural movement/changes of rocks, dirt, water, animals, etc. when choosing a hidey spot.
                        Last edited by Old Pilot; 03-30-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

1) You seem to be over-estimating the movement of sliding rocks on Bomber Mountain.
                          2) Forrest would likely to have considered natural movement/changes of rocks, dirt, water, animals, etc. when choosing a hidey spot.
                          From Jack:

"...he was somewhat surprised when I told him it had happened. Yes, all the other clues are recognizable out there at this point the same as when he hid it, but none of them were as susceptible to damage as the blaze was."

source:
                          https://thefinder.medium.com/jack-ge...2-fee45c45ac8b

Comment

In my research at home I have an document on fighting forest fires. I found this attributed to "Major Fenn" It had an old story of 2 teenage boys caught in a forest fire being rescued. Something about a narrow canyon. I didn't take the time to read it all. It talked of Blazing a trail by rubbing blood on a tree.

I think I posted it long ago. Anyhow, my point being, if 'the blaze' was a blood trail it may not have stood the test of time, but I'm not a CSI expert.

I found this in my first couple weeks of research, then moved on. I figured if it was a document I could find, other searchers had already pored it over, but the language of Blazing a trail, and talk of canyon and Major Fenn were of interest.

I believe it was Forest Service Fire History Archives or something of the sort from early 70's.
                            Last edited by PrincePaco; 03-30-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post
                              OH!!, you are the master of technical analysis! I like your critical thinking; you can spend as much time as you like on it, as far as I'm concerned. Yes, a football field is not a very large area to search. But to me the real mistake in Jack's response is the idea that the poem was designed to get a searcher to the general area and then search like mad for "the blaze". That's not at all how Forrest described the process of solving the poem. For the person who solved the poem, it would lead them to an exact spot. Frantic searching for a blaze for 25 days makes no sense. If that was the intended solution, then this puzzle sucked and we should all feel betrayed.

Another obvious mistake is his statement about Scrapbooks. Forrest effectively admitted that the Scrapbooks had clues when he acknowledged that there were clues in his book Once Upon a While, which was nothing more than recycled Scrapbooks (Jack probably wasn't at the event in Santa Fe where this came out). If Jack didn't recognize the clues in the Scrapbooks, then it almost certainly means he didn't understand how Forrest gave clues in the poem/book. We can impute from Forrest's words that such a person would not be able to complete the quest. And don't get me started on this blaze business again. Yes, there is much to be skeptical of in Jack's story.
                              Wow, this is excellent. A very astute way of looking at the whole picture logically. You are 100% correct with the scrapbooks and the other books. They are the same in many ways. This will ultimately be his downfall over time. 99% of searchers know for a fact that the scrapbooks held hints and this makes 99% of searchers not believe him. One day he will waddle away with his tail between his legs.
                              Last edited by OH!!; 03-30-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X