The problem with "Catcher in the Rye"​​​​​​​

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
    Just because we're bereaved doesn't make us saps.

Forrest was a good writer and a good man. He was one of us, he was a man who loved the outdoors and fishing. And as a child he explored the Rocky Mountains from Browning to Sante Fe. He died as so many men of his generation before his time. The lord took him as he took so many bright flowering young men at Khe San and Hill 364. Those young men gave their lives, so did Forrest who loved fishing And so Forrest Burke Fenn, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might have been, we bicker over the solution to the poem you wrote to find a treasure that's already been found.
    I am here because I told Forrest Fenn I would be.
    Forrest lived a full life BUT war takes a part of everyman.
    He might not have died at 19 or 25 but he sure put his life on the line for the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

I am here because I told Forrest Fenn I would be.
      Forrest lived a full life BUT war takes a part of everyman.
      He might not have died at 19 or 25 but he sure put his life on the line for the USA.
      Ain’t nothing like fighting a battle that shouldn’t been created to fight. Like laying your life down for a brother. No greater joy

Comment

I’ve been in a war all my life it seems. You can make someone do something or you can love them and they choose to do something for you. Big difference I been beat on all my life and was made to do things but when I was loved and treated with respect I loved to then do them things that I hated before. Wars no good. There’s a better way. The worlds getting smaller better learn to get along

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post

Ain’t nothing like fighting a battle that shouldn’t been created to fight. Like laying your life down for a brother. No greater joy
          We must face facts every war should have never been,But as we see everyday man will always want and try to take what others have.
          When a man fights you are so right he fights for his brother and sister next to him and at home.
          Yesterday some guy tried to cut in front of two women at the DMV should I have just stood there and said nothing.
          Maybe but that is not who I am,to watch two women and me let some punk cut.
          I spent 4 hr in that line so should we let evil go because I might have to fight the scum NO.

Comment

Instead of things coming to violence, I simply would have walked up to the agent, explained the situation, and ask the agent, “do you like it when people cut the line,” of course she would say absolutely not. Ma’am could you please make that persons transaction very difficult and let us all watch, thank you ma’am....
            somethings are so simple!
            I would have waited an extra 1/2 hour just to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by 1&Only1Trailblazer View Post
              Instead of things coming to violence, I simply would have walked up to the agent, explained the situation, and ask the agent, “do you like it when people cut the line,” of course she would say absolutely not. Ma’am could you please make that persons transaction very difficult and let us all watch, thank you ma’am....
              somethings are so simple!
              I would have waited an extra 1/2 hour just to laugh.
              That’s just creates more problem. Bringing it to there attention is fine but repay evil for evil is not. That’s when things get outta control to fast for everyone own good. What comes around Very well goes around

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Jordan View Post
                In Dals release of Fenns Bomb video, Fenns persona splits. Fenn is no longer "Forrest." He is "Fenn" the killing machine. Everything about him changes, his demeanor, character, tone, etc.

It is likely that Fenn killed non-hostile Civilians when he was shot down in Vietnam as his "fight or flight" response kicked in.. As with many other Veterans, this 2nd personality didn't go away, but was rather suppressed.

As Fenn continued life, his 2nd personality appears, along with reenactments. (It is likely the names will be found hidden in ttotc.) It is also likely Dal is aware of this information & it is part of the reason he's been so quiet.
                You've clearly formed a personal opinion on things, that's fine, but why post a never ending constant of slander towards Forrest and his family? You know nothing and based on your posts ...I'm concerned for your mental stability. Every post you make is an accusation of lies and deception yet you remain on a Fenn treasure website. Personally I wouldn't join a vegan group and preach about eating meat. If you believe this is all fake and you have "proof" go to the right people, start your own group. You're a troll and add nothing positive. Fenn contributed to troubled youth, donated and gave away probably more than I'll have in my lifetime.Loved his family and friends, welcomed complete strangers into his home, engaged with searchers for a decade even though some are obviously unstable. He also contributed to looking for missing/lost searchers. Forrest was also a war vet. He dedicated 20 years of his life to the military, fought during Vietnam and was shot down multiple times, this fact alone garnishes some level of respect. Unfortunately the world is full of self involved egotistical people who care nothing for others and their sacrifices.
                WTF have you done so great with your life to earn the right to slander others?

Comment

I have considered whether slander is part of the solution.

I'slander

Comment

Maybe the story has nothing to do about the book and only about the word "Catcher"? Maybe it's a subtle way of trying to get people to think about different types of catchers. Ie. a dream catcher?

Comment

Thanks for the flags, I think we all need a break from the constant attacks.
                      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210401_214407.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	270730

Comment

The only time I ever spoke to f I ask him what he really thought about catcher and he told me he really didn't care for it or liked it after he was through reading it. This lead me to believe it had nothing to do with the solve and he made it all up for the story sake.. but it could have been the fox and the hound.. but I believed him just the way he sounded with his inflections...

Comment

Working...
                          X