Why did Forrest put his thumb up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The West Thumb was created by a massive volcano,
    I figured he was talking about millions of people disappearing from a big blast. It happened once before, 60 million years is an awful short time in the life of a rock...

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Horseman View Post
      Forrest put his thumb up because the flight was boring, and he was trying to hitch a ride back to the party.
      Quite possibly, Forrest wasn't telling the whole story. Maybe his plane went down somewhere and the only way he could get back home was to thumb a ride from some passing filly with a hot car. I'll bet she had a Ferrari harnessing a horse emblem on the hood and rocket boosters in the back. Forrest always did like to fly.

Comment

Taking a radial

Comment

Gotta block out Philadelphia because it's always Sunny there

Comment

I'll bet that Philly was so bright, it threw Forrest for a loop and he knocked off half of the lady's sunglasses. Still. I'm thinking she was classy enough to keep her lipstick intact.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
              Gotta block out Philadelphia because it's always Sunny there
              Is this you PP? Charlie reminds me of someone... it's on the tip of my thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by 1&Only1Trailblazer View Post
                Now was that his left thumb or right thumb? West or East?
                Whats Pennsylvania known for?
                Billy Joel sang about it. Some liked living in Allentown.
                The flight he talks about in My War for Me where he covers up Philadelphia was in 1956...

I never knew about the "steagles" I kinda miss learning random crap
                1. The first baseball stadium was built in Pittsburgh in 1909.
                2. The Chocolate Capital of the US is Hershey, Pa.
                3. The first computer existed in Philadelphia in 1946.
                4. The first piano in America was built in Philadelphia in 1775.
                5. The Declaration of Independence was signed in Philadelphia in 1776.
                6. The Philadelphia Zoo was the first public zoo in the United States.
                7. Philadelphia was once the capital city of the United States.
                8. The first daily newspaper was published in Philadelphia in 1784.
                9. For one season in 1943, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Pittsburgh Steelers merged to form the "Steagles" due to the loss of many players during WWII.
                10. The State College Area High School was the first school in the country to teach drivers education in 1958.
                11. Punxsutawney, Pa is home to the world famous, weather forecasting groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil.

Comment

Way too many coincidences to think that Waldo isn't in there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post

Is this you PP? Charlie reminds me of someone... it's on the tip of my thumb.
                    Not me, I'm a mellow fellow

Comment

From the Mistake-by-the-Lake (Cleveland rocks!), take interstate 8 zero east until it intersects the Hershey Highway. Continue sliding deep east until you arrive at your destination: Wyomissing. No sh!t... its tucked in and surrounded by Intercourse, Schwartzville, Hockersville, Blue Ball, Reamstown, Fritztown, and Plowville. Yes, these are actual places. Kissin' kissin', Hershey kissin'... take a ride to Wyomissin'. I'll pass

Comment

What is the astronauts name that put up his thumb? Jim Lovell. Now look for a town in the Rocky Mountains with the name Lovell. You will be in Wyoming.
                        A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
                        It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spallies View Post

The flight he talks about in My War for Me where he covers up Philadelphia was in 1956...

I never knew about the "steagles" I kinda miss learning random crap
                          1. The first baseball stadium was built in Pittsburgh in 1909.
                          2. The Chocolate Capital of the US is Hershey, Pa.
                          3. The first computer existed in Philadelphia in 1946.
                          4. The first piano in America was built in Philadelphia in 1775.
                          5. The Declaration of Independence was signed in Philadelphia in 1776.
                          6. The Philadelphia Zoo was the first public zoo in the United States.
                          7. Philadelphia was once the capital city of the United States.
                          8. The first daily newspaper was published in Philadelphia in 1784.
                          9. For one season in 1943, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Pittsburgh Steelers merged to form the "Steagles" due to the loss of many players during WWII.
                          10. The State College Area High School was the first school in the country to teach drivers education in 1958.
                          11. Punxsutawney, Pa is home to the world famous, weather forecasting groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil.
                          OH!!

To add another crazy thing, OH! posted a thread about the pic of the chest with the metadata that read 1887. That was the year of the first Groundhog Day, and yes, it began in Punxsutawney, Pa.

Comment

Forrest was using his left hand, he had been moving it in and out, and then he moved his thumb (left hand) close to his left eye and blocked out Philadelphia.
                            Philadelphia is home of the first US mint, and we're after a "mint" in the chase.
                            Then he removed his glove to check to see if his fingers were turning purple. That's another hint, I think.

Don't read this if you're tired of my solve.
                            I pointed out that below Brown's Grave is the pond that looks like a hand holding up a thumb.
                            Forrest had another hint to this in the nickel he wanted to push in the dirt under the pineapple pie lady's grave.
                            My treasure spot is below Brown's Grave.
                            As far as the color purple goes, I have the line from Huckleberry Fire Lookout to another spot that goes through Brown Meadows, the HOB, and near Brown's Grave.
                            And another line from Huckleberry Fire Lookout, right through the Thumb (pond), through a spot that looks like a thumb print, and to Glover Peak. (More verification.)
                            And ripe huckleberries are purple.

Comment

Originally posted by RFISH
                              Eric Sloane’s rule of thumb, standing there with arm outstretched, thumb up, and mighty brush loaded with brown.
                              Not just any brown, Van Dyke Brown. Capital B Brown. Made from coal (Firestone). Comes in 3 sizes- small, medium, and mountain.
                              Got any coal?
                              Only if you’re in the coaled.

Comment

Working...
                              X