Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most plausible explanation for Jack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

YELLOWSTONE has nothing to do with the treasure NOTHING it was not there is was not near there.
    If anyone thinks Forrest Fenn was going to hide a treasure and then point to the hiding area I have a solve to sell you.
    Many took the bait that Forrest put out some realized it was bait and some got stuck on the hook.
    If I was going to hide something really valuable, I’d put it on my coffee table. In plain sight. You know- where it would be too obvious to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

If I was going to hide something really valuable, I’d put it on my coffee table. In plain sight. You know- where it would be too obvious to be taken seriously.
      and what would your address be I wanted to send some flowers

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

And hope that no one with “access” to your coffee table has read “The Purloined Letter”

Comment

• Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post
          I think I'm in the middle here. I go back and forth on Jack's version of events and the entire version as has been relayed to the community.

But I think this original post is sensible in ways. People need to understand that Forrest wasn't seeing this from our perspective. He was 30,000 feet above our perspective and tracking a bunch of people on his mental radar. Who was crazy? Who needed help? Who was threatening to sue? What was his health? What were his obligations as patriarch of that family to protect them? For the first half of the chase, things weren't so crazy. Things spiraled out of control toward the end. That he didn't end it when one searcher died or needed rescue or when one or two nut jobs broke into his property isn't the same as a nation facing a pandemic, and something he took very seriously.

I've read this entire thread tonight. People asking for motive should really consider Forrest's position and his own priorities. His priority would be to get this chase as far away from his family as possible, and perhaps to end it outright with either the closest finder (remember toe to toe contest had a May 25 deadline and Forrest quoted himself in regards to the chest in that post "Whoever finds it will mostly earn it with their imagination." In that regard, he may have changed the terms and been saying "Show me your best imagination solutions because I'm about to end this thing. My wife is critically ill and I'm almost 90 years old and may also have received a recent critical diagnosis.")

Forrest could do whatever he wanted. He made the rules. It's not in violation of the chase for him to just look at an email, knowing that the person who sent it can't travel because of covid, and that it's the best and most complete solve he's seen to date. It doesn't matter if that was Jack or some other smart sob. That's fair. It's his Chase.

Whether declaring it found was meant to safely clear the field for the finder, or whether Jack retrieved it just as we've been told, or whether someone did something that checked a box for Forrest doesn't really matter either way. I also believe it's over. But when speaking of motive, we need to build a motive that accounts for Forrest's position in the chase, not ours, and not our thinking on "Well, he didn't pull it then... so he would never pull it." November 2019. This quote might matter because he was leaving an out for himself. "It will continue until someone finds it or something ends it."

A lethal pandemic, his own failing health, and concerns for searchers and his family alike would be motivation to end it. Full stop. The 2020 search season had not even begun and one searcher was rescued from Grand Canyon of The Yellowstone in winter, and one died and another had almost died. Things do pile up and people do say "Hell with it!" Simply stating that he didn't end it when X or Y had happened previously doesn't account for him not ending it when A, B, C, D, E, F have become serious concerns for the man.

Until or unless we know anything else, I'm just going to occupy this middle space that goes "Hmmm.... and maybe.... and I wonder." Because that's the sane position here. This was a treasure hunt. Not a state lottery. Rules are subject to change at any time and at the whim of the designer. This wasn't going to be a forever hunt. If Forrest wanted it to last forever, he should have stepped into the shadows after the book gained traction in early 2013. Instead, he cranked out hundreds of scrapbooks and two more books and answered hundreds of questions. He was pushing for it to end. He was not a passive observer. He was an active host of a party that had gone on too long and cost human lives. In the context of 2020, Forrest was facing his own death and that of his wife all while a pandemic was screaming through our nation and around our planet. From his perspective, the chase was probably not worth the trouble it would inflict on his family or searchers if it continued any longer.

So, sure. Maybe it happened in some sort of way that would be close to what we've been told, but remember that even Shiloh said that Jack's account was only "mostly true." Something in Jack's account was inaccurate and Shiloh told us that. With Shiloh calling "BS" in a polite way, on Jack's account, on at least some small part of Jack's account, we must realize that pretty much any part of his account could be in question and under the scrutiny of what Shiloh knows to be true but that Jack misrepresented. Could be something small... could be something fucking huge. We don't know, but Shiloh says something is off in Jack's version of events, and it was off enough for Shiloh to straight up tell us it was off. "Mostly true" is the equivalent of "some part of his account is completely untrue." Something Jack wrote in the Medium piece was wrong enough for Shiloh to tell us it was wrong. Sometimes it's important to read what's being said and how it's being conveyed, especially in weird shit like a fucked up treasure hunt.

#treasurehuntingduringapandemic
          Well said!!

Comment

Working...
          X