Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most plausible explanation for Jack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most plausible explanation for Jack.

Bear with me while I try to explain my thought process on this one. Let's start with facts.

1. Someone found the chest and Forrest knows who they are.
    2. The finder asked to remain anonymous.
    3. Forrest knew his time was short.

We all know how this played out with the lawsuits and how Forrest was forced to reveal who the finder was, or who we think he was. Thus, Jack was created long before the find event in order to protect the finder from the public and possibly from themselves.

Now, suppose that Forrest never had a Jack, he would have been forced to betray the finder and reveal their true identity and exposing them to the same dangers that Forrest faced. Obviously, Forrest wanted to alleviate this burden for the finder and Jack was created in order to take the heat off the true finder.... As well as Forrest. Can you imagine how the world would have reacted to Forrest if he would have lived a few years and was never able to reveal who the finder was. Not only would there be lawsuit after lawsuit, but Forrest's credibility would have been shot. Forrest is quoted on November 2, 2016 "I didn’t want anyone to say the hidden treasure is a hoax for me to make money on the book." as well as on 8/1/2017 " Somebody figures out in their own mind exactly where the treasure is, and they go there and it's gone. They decide one of two things: either somebody has already found it and taken it home, or the whole story is a hoax. So they ask me how I can prove that I actually hid the treasure. What can I do? The only thing is to take them out there. Lots of people saw the treasure chest when it was in my vaults before I hid it." These statements alone show that Forrest was afraid people would think he was a fraud and he couldn't have that. So, in order to prove it he had to produce the chest.

However, low and behold, he knew someone was going to find the chest and was going to keep quiet, but he didn't know for how long. So, in order to save his legacy and credibility, Forrest had no choice but to literally show people the treasure chest and in doing so, create a fake finder to take the heat off of him as well as the real finder. Forrest did not want to spend the remaining days hounded by lawsuits and angry people demanding that he reveal who the finder really was. Ultimately, I think Forrest found himself between a rock and a hard place and realized no matter what he did, people still would not believe the treasure was actually found and that the Jack was a fraud. Jack's mission was simple, to take as much heat off Forrest and the finder as possible until something happened to change the balance of power. Does the real finder have the chest? If they did, I don't think he could have kept it quiet and I don't believe Forrest would have been able to hide him indefinitely. But, with Jack playing the role of the finder, Forrest knew he could keep the public entertained for many months before people began to question reality. He also knew he could keep the media off his ass by revealing just enough to satisfy the sheep and make the story a lackluster story, not worthy of media attention. Forrest also knew that many people would whole heartedly accept his portrayal of reality as truth and gospel.

Eventually, the finder would come forward. However, many in the public are asking why the finder just didn't come forward. Again, the reason we have Jack and the reason why the true finder doesn't have the chest. The fact is, if the true finder did have the chest and agreed to Jack character to protect himself from the public but allow Forrest to suffer the slings and arrows, I think any person who truly loved Forrest would have come forward to reveal the truth and expose themselves to the dangers Forrest was enduring. Instead, Forrest deprived the finder of owning that responsibility and so the finder does not have the chest but must have uncovered enough of the location and hidey spot to reveal to Forrest he would have found the chest, if it was actually there. Instead, when the finder was just about the reveal the chest, to their surprise, the chest was gone. Feeling like a failure, the finder sent Forrest pictures of the area and their failure wondering what they got wrong. This communication gave Forrest what he needed and now he could honestly say the treasure was found but he could still hide the true finder, because the true finder didn't find the chest but found the location the chest existed. Thus, Forrest could make all the claims he wanted in the court Declaration and Affidavit without actually lying. Same goes with Wyoming. He never said the State of Wyoming but in fact said Wyoming which could mean "flat river bottom". Thus, Forrest didn't lie about the solve location because we all think he meant the State of Wyoming, which technically, that is an error on our part for assuming the definition Forrest actually intended.

So, maybe Forrest wasn't really playing joke on the finder and for fear of the finder thinking someone beat them to the chest, Forrest left clues for the Finder who would be the only person to understand their meaning. Thus, Forrest embedded clues in photos, in email addresses, in poems (longfellow), in interviews and in scrapbooks. If the finder was truly paying attention, they would realize what Forrest was trying to communicate and not go nuts trying to figure out where they went wrong. But, how long would it take the finder to figure all this out and how much would they torture themselves and their family trying to figure this out. For the finder's sake, I hope Forrest crafted a sealed letter for finder and gave it to the attorney to hold in Trust. This letter will explain everything that transpired and why Forrest did what he did.

Somehow, I think the finder already knows.

Post Edit: Question is then, when and the hell is the finder going to go back and retrieve the Chest. After all, Forrest did say in the Erskine Affadavit, clause 15 and 16:

15. Mr. Erskine has also misunderstood my Poem as being simply a riddle to be solved as means of acquiring the right to own the Chest without having to actually find and take possession of the Chest. I have never said publicly or privately to anyone — nor
    was it ever my intention -- that the Poem was simply a riddle to be solved and that actually finding and possessing the Chest was irrelevant to becoming the owner of it.
    16. I have never said someone could have the Chest if they just figured out where it was hidden but did not retrieve it. Mr. Erskine neither found the Chest, nor did he figure out where it was hidden."

Thus, if the chest has been returned to the hidey spot, the true finder will have to return and pull the chest out of the nook to claim ownership of the chest by taking physical possession of it. But, the real question is then, who returned the chest back to the hidey spot?

Oh, the webs we weave Forrest!
    Last edited by Walking Among Lions; 03-11-2021, 01:31 PM.

"Somehow I think the finder already knows." I think so too. Forrest wouldn't just leave someone hanging by their big toe indefinitely. He tried to think of everything. Hopefully the finder gave Jack a big "Thank You " for taking the heat.

Comment

You and I are on almost exactly the same wavelength WAL! I would tweek it just a little and say that someone sent him a correct solve... Right down to the identity of the blaze and within twenty feet of the chest.... And they themselves did not realize what was going on until the sheer amount of coincidence became too much to be by chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
        You and I are on almost exactly the same wavelength WAL! I would tweek it just a little and say that someone sent him a correct solve... Right down to the identity of the blaze and within twenty feet of the chest.... And they themselves did not realize what was going on until the sheer amount of coincidence became too much to be by chance.
        I think the finder was dead on the exact spot. Maybe there was flat stone lid that covered the nook? Maybe the finder sent Forrest a picture of the stone lid?

Comment

What if that guy in jail found it and sent an exact description to f, so he -f- felt like he should do as promised and go get it for him? In that case Jack makes sense as a proxy to protect the finder and f and his family. He seems to play a role he doesn't know too much about. I have a feeling he has to read back in f's notes before answering questions... all in all he does not seem to be a bad guy! Maybe he is kind of a guardian angel for an imprisoned finder taking all the jabs for him... hmmm?
          „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
          G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
            Bear with me while I try to explain my thought process on this one. Let's start with facts.

1. Someone found the chest and Forrest knows who they are.
            2. The finder asked to remain anonymous.
            3. Forrest knew his time was short.

We all know how this played out with the lawsuits and how Forrest was forced to reveal who the finder was, or who we think he was. Thus, Jack was created long before the find event in order to protect the finder from the public and possibly from themselves.

Now, suppose that Forrest never had a Jack, he would have been forced to betray the finder and reveal their true identity and exposing them to the same dangers that Forrest faced. Obviously, Forrest wanted to alleviate this burden for the finder and Jack was created in order to take the heat off the true finder.... As well as Forrest. Can you imagine how the world would have reacted to Forrest if he would have lived a few years and was never able to reveal who the finder was. Not only would there be lawsuit after lawsuit, but Forrest's credibility would have been shot. Forrest is quoted on November 2, 2016 "I didn’t want anyone to say the hidden treasure is a hoax for me to make money on the book." as well as on 8/1/2017 " Somebody figures out in their own mind exactly where the treasure is, and they go there and it's gone. They decide one of two things: either somebody has already found it and taken it home, or the whole story is a hoax. So they ask me how I can prove that I actually hid the treasure. What can I do? The only thing is to take them out there. Lots of people saw the treasure chest when it was in my vaults before I hid it." These statements alone show that Forrest was afraid people would think he was a fraud and he couldn't have that. So, in order to prove it he had to produce the chest.

However, low and behold, he knew someone was going to find the chest and was going to keep quiet, but he didn't know for how long. So, in order to save his legacy and credibility, Forrest had no choice but to literally show people the treasure chest and in doing so, create a fake finder to take the heat off of him as well as the real finder. Forrest did not want to spend the remaining days hounded by lawsuits and angry people demanding that he reveal who the finder really was. Ultimately, I think Forrest found himself between a rock and a hard place and realized no matter what he did, people still would not believe the treasure was actually found and that the Jack was a fraud. Jack's mission was simple, to take as much heat off Forrest and the finder as possible until something happened to change the balance of power. Does the real finder have the chest? If they did, I don't think he could have kept it quiet and I don't believe Forrest would have been able to hide him indefinitely. But, with Jack playing the role of the finder, Forrest knew he could keep the public entertained for many months before people began to question reality. He also knew he could keep the media off his ass by revealing just enough to satisfy the sheep and make the story a lackluster story, not worthy of media attention. Forrest also knew that many people would whole heartedly accept his portrayal of reality as truth and gospel.

Eventually, the finder would come forward. However, many in the public are asking why the finder just didn't come forward. Again, the reason we have Jack and the reason why the true finder doesn't have the chest. The fact is, if the true finder did have the chest and agreed to Jack character to protect himself from the public but allow Forrest to suffer the slings and arrows, I think any person who truly loved Forrest would have come forward to reveal the truth and expose themselves to the dangers Forrest was enduring. Instead, Forrest deprived the finder of owning that responsibility and so the finder does not have the chest but must have uncovered enough of the location and hidey spot to reveal to Forrest he would have found the chest, if it was actually there. Instead, when the finder was just about the reveal the chest, to their surprise, the chest was gone. Feeling like a failure, the finder sent Forrest pictures of the area and their failure wondering what they got wrong. This communication gave Forrest what he needed and now he could honestly say the treasure was found but he could still hide the true finder, because the true finder didn't find the chest but found the location the chest existed. Thus, Forrest could make all the claims he wanted in the court Declaration and Affidavit without actually lying. Same goes with Wyoming. He never said the State of Wyoming but in fact said Wyoming which could mean "flat river bottom". Thus, Forrest didn't lie about the solve location because we all think he meant the State of Wyoming, which technically, that is an error on our part for assuming the definition Forrest actually intended.

So, maybe Forrest wasn't really playing joke on the finder and for fear of the finder thinking someone beat them to the chest, Forrest left clues for the Finder who would be the only person to understand their meaning. Thus, Forrest embedded clues in photos, in email addresses, in poems (longfellow), in interviews and in scrapbooks. If the finder was truly paying attention, they would realize what Forrest was trying to communicate and not go nuts trying to figure out where they went wrong. But, how long would it take the finder to figure all this out and how much would they torture themselves and their family trying to figure this out. For the finder's sake, I hope Forrest crafted a sealed letter for finder and gave it to the attorney to hold in Trust. This letter will explain everything that transpired and why Forrest did what he did.

Somehow, I think the finder already knows.

Post Edit: Question is then, when and the hell is the finder going to go back and retrieve the Chest. After all, Forrest did say in the Erskine Affadavit, clause 15 and 16:

15. Mr. Erskine has also misunderstood my Poem as being simply a riddle to be solved as means of acquiring the right to own the Chest without having to actually find and take possession of the Chest. I have never said publicly or privately to anyone — nor
            was it ever my intention -- that the Poem was simply a riddle to be solved and that actually finding and possessing the Chest was irrelevant to becoming the owner of it.
            16. I have never said someone could have the Chest if they just figured out where it was hidden but did not retrieve it. Mr. Erskine neither found the Chest, nor did he figure out where it was hidden."

Thus, if the chest has been returned to the hidey spot, the true finder will have to return and pull the chest out of the nook to claim ownership of the chest by taking physical possession of it. But, the real question is then, who returned the chest back to the hidey spot?

Oh, the webs we weave Forrest!
            In regards to your post edit... If we are correct about any of this I think we'll have to wait until sometime in June... The pandemic should be well under control by then and little chance of any more surprise snowstorms in the Rockies.. if it were me I would have already planned the trip and would just be biding my time and watching the blogs to see if there were any new developments to prove me wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by Deja View Post
              "Somehow I think the finder already knows." I think so too. Forrest wouldn't just leave someone hanging by their big toe indefinitely. He tried to think of everything. Hopefully the finder gave Jack a big "Thank You " for taking the heat.
              If they haven't thanked Jack already I'm sure that they will... They might even owe him a little apology if my suspicions are correct...

Comment

Maybe we better look at ALL the definitions of "retrieve" before we decide that the finder needs to return to the nook. Maybe they only have to retrieve info from their computer in their nook at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                  What if that guy in jail found it and sent an exact description to f, so he -f- felt like he should do as promised and go get it for him? In that case Jack makes sense as a proxy to protect the finder and f and his family. He seems to play a role he doesn't know too much about. I have a feeling he has to read back in f's notes before answering questions... all in all he does not seem to be a bad guy! Maybe he is kind of a guardian angel for an imprisoned finder taking all the jabs for him... hmmm?
                  Perhaps the secret lies with Charlotte?

Comment

The violations here of Occam's razor are innumerable. If somebody had put this much thought and effort into actually trying to solve the clues, surely they could have done it. Maybe that's why Jack did.

Comment

WAL, you lost me. Who has the chest? Are the pictures of f with the found chest real?
                      I like your theory, I’m just a bit confused.
                      And why are we being coerced into believing the Wyoming narrative? Why an obvious cover up? What’s to be gained?
                      Unless there’s more to it...
                      Last edited by Yellerstain; 03-11-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Conspiracies are a fun way to convince yourself of a few things:
                        1. The chase isnt over.
                        2. Theres a rightful solver out there who has to wait and be patient for vindication.
                        3. It's me

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
                          Twenty feet is quite a distance (if you consider that Jack-o-lantern claims to have been within 6 feet of the TC and didn't find it that day).

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                            The word "finder" is not interchangeable with the word "solver" unless they both apply to the same person who actually found the TC. I'm not yet convinced such a person exists, Jack-o-lantern-in-the-rabbit-hole notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Shadow View Post

Perhaps the secret lies with Charlotte?
                              Exactly! Just watched this one a few days ago....
                              „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                              G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Working...
                              X