Words Matter - Forrest Never Said!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words Matter - Forrest Never Said!

Last nights Cowlazars show everyone kept saying that Forrest said the chest was found in Wyoming. I disagree.

In order to prove this point, everyone must first be willing to accept a couple of semantics with Forrest's words and based on what I saw from his quotes, he never precisely stated the chest was found in the State of Wyoming. If you feel I'm wrong, prove me wrong, and provide the exact quote where Forrest states as a fact, without ambiguity and zero semantics where he states "I hid the chest in the State of Wyoming".

Keep in mind, Wyoming is a native American word and has it's own definition. So, when Forrest states the Chest was found in Wyoming, it is not the same as saying it was found in the State of Wyoming. In fact, if you apply one of the native definitions in substitution of Wyoming it would translate to "The Chest was found in the big river bottom flat".

Forrest was pretty ambiguous with everything he said about the end of the Chase..... I don't recall he ever actually said that the chest was even recovered.... Did he?
    Regardless, he had the time to choose his words carefully.... It would seem his ambiguity was by design and not a result of carelessness on his part....

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
      Forrest was pretty ambiguous with everything he said about the end of the Chase..... I don't recall he ever actually said that the chest was even recovered.... Did he?
      Regardless, he had the time to choose his words carefully.... It would seem his ambiguity was by design and not a result of carelessness on his part....
      Exactly, I think Forrest even had a talent to make his statements and demeanor appear as though he was feeble minded so that people would think he slipped up and revealed something he shouldn't have.

Comment

Walking Among Lions In Forrest's Wyoming announcement, he specifically named the other three search states in full and indicated those three states in contrast to Wyoming were incorrect. That's how we know Forrest was talking about the state of Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post

Exactly, I think Forrest even had a talent to make his statements and demeanor appear as though he was feeble minded so that people would think he slipped up and revealed something he shouldn't have.
          Forrest was a master at that sort of thing.... I have no doubt that he played the naïve country boy much to his advantage on many occasions... "It's not who you are, it's who they think you are"

Comment

I do believe that the chest was found in Wyoming.... But it fits my narrative so I have no reason to question it...

Comment

Ones perspective on all things communicated at the end are affected and polarized into our interpretation by their own global perception of who we each believe Forrest really was as a person and how he operated in his role of the Chase.

If one believes Forrest was a sweet old man who was open and transparently forthcoming about all things he said about the Chase at the end, then they are likely to believe, without question, he meant the State of Wyoming.

However, if one believes Forrest was instead like a coyote trickster and a Chase Riddler, one who leveraged ambiguity of multiple word definitions to his advantage, they are likely ones question if he meant the actual State of Wyoming and consider if secondary meanings of wyoming for its final location could be in play.

Comment

Last nights Cowlazars show everyone kept saying that Forrest said the chest was found in Wyoming. I disagree.

In order to prove this point, everyone must first be willing to accept a couple of semantics with Forrest's words and based on what I saw from his quotes, he never precisely stated the chest was found in the State of Wyoming. If you feel I'm wrong, prove me wrong, and provide the exact quote where Forrest states as a fact, without ambiguity and zero semantics where he states "I hid the chest in the State of Wyoming".

Keep in mind, Wyoming is a native American word and has it's own definition. So, when Forrest states the Chest was found in Wyoming, it is not the same as saying it was found in the State of Wyoming. In fact, if you apply one of the native definitions in substitution of Wyoming it would translate to "The Chest was found in the big river bottom flat".
                I never said it was found in Wyoming.

Comment

I’ve searched one area in Wyoming for 4 Springs, 4 summers, 4 autumns, 1 winter trip on snowmobiles. I was a happy camper to know I got the state correct. Don’t bring me down with a not Wyoming statement, please have some mercy...

Comment

People pulled a fast one on Forrest!! And they continue to run the narrative!

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post
                      Walking Among Lions In Forrest's Wyoming announcement, he specifically named the other three search states in full and indicated those three states in contrast to Wyoming were incorrect. That's how we know Forrest was talking about the state of Wyoming.
                      You got the exact quote?

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf Blazeikson View Post
                        People pulled a fast one on Forrest!! And they continue to run the narrative!
                        My opinion only, but I'm convinced Forrest was mentally sharper at 90 then most people ever hope to be. So, maybe, but very difficult to pull a fast one on a coyote trickster.

Could then someone outfox the fox? Plausible, but unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Express View Post

My opinion only, but I'm convinced Forrest was mentally sharper at 90 then most people ever hope to be. So, maybe, but very difficult to pull a fast one on a coyote trickster.

Could then someone outfox the fox? Plausible, but unlikely.
                          People don't get fooled due to lack of intelligence, they get fooled due to trust.

Comment

Forrest’s sworn statement says it was found in Wyoming and brought to him in New Mexico.

Comment

You got the exact quote?
                              You know I do. :-)

Dal’s (7/22/2020): “Many of the searchers for my treasure had solves that seemed to neatly fit the clues in my poem. Then when the finder found and retrieved the treasure, other searchers wondered how close they had been to the right spot. Because I promised the finder I would not reveal who found it or where, I have remained mostly silent.

“However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming. Until he found the treasure, the treasure had not moved in the 10 years since I left it there on the ground, and walked away.

“Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana.

“To all of those who did not find the treasure, we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase. f"

So, some hair-splitting:

1. "...he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming." If you are the least bit the suspicious type, this phraseology has Grand Canyon-sized holes in it. From a pure logic angle, all this phrase says is that the two of them agreed on something. Taking it one step further, they agreed that they should do something.
                              2. "Perhaps today's announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana." That's a pretty soft statement. Why not something more definitive like "So, I'm sorry to say that solves that were anywhere in the states of New Mexico, Colorado or Montana were unfortunately wrong."

Writing in a legal document, in response to a lawsuit, that the treasure was found in Wyoming carries more weight. However, stating in the same paragraph that the treasure was hidden there in 2010 raises a question about the veracity of the rest of the deposition.

MW Featured Question: Brown Trout (3/5/2020): “Dear Forrest, searchers are saying that you said Brown trout have nothing to do with home of Brown. Is that correct? ~ Sue”

FF: “Sue, I did not say that. And the treasure is still where I hid it more than 10 years ago. f"

Link: https://mysteriouswritings.com/featu...n-brown-trout

Forrest's second sentence in response to Sue is very odd since it had nothing to do with her question. Yet if the statement was truthful, then it requires that Forrest hid the treasure in late August or September of 2009, not 2010. But the bottom line is that Forrest either lied, unsolicited, in the Mysterious Writings Q&A, or he lied in the deposition.

Comment

Working...
                              X