Windy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy?

Need some help yall. Jack indicates it was a windy day where he found the TC, as the twig just blew in there without him realizing. I would love for any of you research types to have us know where there is wind like Jack has attested there was, so strong it was blowing larger sticks off the ground. Any websites or links that could help with that?
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Sounds like he was with Gail...

Comment

That stick did not blow in there, no way. He's just trying to stick it to us; it's my stick ya'll (mystical lol). I do believe in my opinion the stick is confirmation to the real solver, of someone, something or someplace is correct in their solve. It's sending a message totally to someone. Maybe to switch...

Comment

Jack searching...

Comment

Stick with it, don't give up, don't even think about it, Jack hid cache......

Comment

June 6th was a rare "derecho" event in the central Rockies. The strongest winds (hurricane force) passed through eastern Wyoming. There were no reports of high winds close to the northwest corner of Wyoming except for some lower elevations around Idaho Falls. Some passes and valleys in the Yellowstone area may have had gusts but I haven't seen any sources confirming that. Jack would have certainly driven through the storm front on his way to New Mexico after retrieving the chest, so maybe the wind explanation for the twig is something he concocted to throw off searchers.

https://blog.starvalleyweather.com/2...s-june-6-2020/

Comment

Theres no way for the wind to blow a stick like that off the ground in much of a "forest" because the trees break the wind too much. At best it would fall of a tree from above that was swaying. Another possibility is being at the edge of a forest where you could potentially get more wind. The ground in the chest photo looks unaffected by wind, though.

Why would he say windy if it fell from above,
              though? He'd only say windy if he was getting pelted by sideways traveling sticks, and that's pretty damn windy.
              You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Comment

The windiest place in Wyoming on June 6th according to Farmers Almanac. If the wind was blowing that hard that it blew a stick into the chest, the ground area would be a bit blurry as there would be more debris, other than a 6 inch stick blowing by and the plastic bag corners would be risen, the green grass would be standing in air. There would be a cloud!

WHOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	June 6th.JPG Views:	0 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	259357
                Last edited by OH!!; 03-01-2021, 04:35 PM.
                A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
                It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                  The windiest place in Wyoming on June 6th according to Farmers Almanac. If the wind was blowing that hard that it blew a stick into the chest, the ground area would be a bit blurry as there would be more debris, other than a 6 inch stick blowing by and the plastic bag corners would be risen, the green grass would be standing in air. There would be a cloud!
                  Click image for larger version Name:	June 6th.JPG Views:	0 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	259357
                  If I understand correctly, the pic was taken late in the day on June 5th.
                  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Comment

IMO, a visual of the stick indicates it did not come off a tree directly; it looks to weathered to have broken off and fallen in. It looks so obviously place, that I suspect the real reason it was placed there will not be known...only by Jack and Forrest know. It is more like he just put it in for fun; explaining why he did, would make no sense and would just sound silly. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

If I understand correctly, the pic was taken late in the day on June 5th.
                      Searching Farmers Almanac will find the windiest area, but if a stick blew in, the bag edge would look like this.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	no-whoosh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	259369
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	WHOOSH.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	259371
                      Last edited by OH!!; 03-01-2021, 04:41 PM.
                      A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
                      It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                        Need some help yall. Jack indicates it was a windy day where he found the TC, as the twig just blew in there without him realizing. I would love for any of you research types to have us know where there is wind like Jack has attested there was, so strong it was blowing larger sticks off the ground. Any websites or links that could help with that?
                        this is the one reason that makes me doubt Yellowstone. From everything I’ve read it was not windy there that weekend, while it was windy in other areas of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                          I doubt you can mine any usable conclusion from aggregate weather data. Localized wind gusts come up in the woods all the time in the afternoon build-up and don't make a blip elsewhere. While it's likely to say that a storm that encompasses the entire state will have an effect on Jack's location, it's an entirely different proposition to say that a wind event at Jack's location has to be reflected in the state's aggregate data.

But I think we've been over this already. If aerial debris the size of the stick is blowing out of crowns it's because larger pieces of debris are falling and breaking them off, and there would be lots of finer fuels falling into the chest as well. These are hard-hat conditions we're describing. Urbanite flatlander Jack would still be in his car.
                          Noooobody expects the Chase Underground. Our chief weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the POEM.

Comment

Sinks Canyon in the WIND River Mountains. I made 30 + trips up there and it is quite windy when you are up near the top of the canyon.

Comment

I live in Wyoming, the winds here are insane. It would be nothing for a stick to blow into the chest. Although I bet he brushed against a bush, knocked the stick loose and it flew in.
                              We have semi's blow over in the wind every year on our highways. It's nothing unusual for us to get 60 to 80 mph winds.
                              Last edited by linda dinda; 03-01-2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X