X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks Emails

The verified Jacks emails.
    Attached Files
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Good to see these. Though (unsurprisingly) a lot have been posted and discussed before. Of the new ones, these were the insights I found interesting.

There are more replies stressing 'the context and looking at the big picture' stuff. More about 'zoning in on Forrest's wavelength.'

On the blaze, the damage didn't affect the 'quickly look down' part.

Forrest on the damaged blaze: 'he thought it a possibility but surprised it happened so early in the chase.'

He asked Forrest's permission to take the chest as he was worried about legal things.

Forrest said people would laugh and think 'why didn't I think of that' when they knew the location. Jack had a moment like that when he worked out the location.

The poem was elegant, 'but it's also humble.'

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
      The verified Jacks emails.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	write-thank-you-card-tips-etiquette.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	257348

Comment

Sorry so delayed......
        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Here's a quote from Jack Gets Mail #2 that I don't understand. He says it will narrow things down too much if he answers yes or no but then goes on to answer it. Is the part he doesn't want to answer whether or not he walked? If so, how could answering that narrow it down so much that we'd know where he's talking about.

"Forrest stated (and I’m paraphrasing) that the spot was not in “very close proximity” to a human trail. Did you indeed walk a “human trail” for a portion of your solve, or not? And do feel his statement (done in classic Fenn style, LOL!) was a hindrance or of help in the ultimate solve...."
          Donna-Geysergirl

Thanks Donna. I think that may narrow down things too much if I say yes or no, but I can say the whole time I was searching for the blaze and treasure in the forest, I did not step foot on a human trail. He is right that there are no man-made trails in the vicinity, but there are some game trails.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
            Here's a quote from Jack Gets Mail #2 that I don't understand. He says it will narrow things down too much if he answers yes or no but then goes on to answer it. Is the part he doesn't want to answer whether or not he walked? If so, how could answering that narrow it down so much that we'd know where he's talking about.

"Forrest stated (and I’m paraphrasing) that the spot was not in “very close proximity” to a human trail. Did you indeed walk a “human trail” for a portion of your solve, or not? And do feel his statement (done in classic Fenn style, LOL!) was a hindrance or of help in the ultimate solve...."
            Donna-Geysergirl

Thanks Donna. I think that may narrow down things too much if I say yes or no, but I can say the whole time I was searching for the blaze and treasure in the forest, I did not step foot on a human trail. He is right that there are no man-made trails in the vicinity, but there are some game trails.
            Good eye. Imo, he is answering the first question as follows: He searched for the blaze/treasure in the forest, walking, never on a human trail, but possibly a game trail. He agrees with Fenn there was no human trail in close proximity.

He does not answer the second question, which was whether Fenn's proximity quote was helpful. So I infer that he thinks a yes or no answer to that would narrow things down.
            You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Comment

We should never ask two questions at one time, ESPECIALLY to Forrest......and now to Jack apparently.

Comment

First time reading some of Jacks stuff. Boy oh Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post
                  First time reading some of Jacks stuff. Boy oh Boy.
                  See? ... I refrain from saying a lot of what I'm thinking when I want to LASER-burn people with my eyes. If I wrote Jack an email, the first maybe only thing I'd ask is why he expects to get famous if he's afraid (through lack of solve) to get famous. Reap what you sow. You're rich, so STFU Jack- you don't get genius credit on this & if you won't help the next MFr, the solver, then F off. Signed the 5 lb. weight.

Comment

A genius credit?
                    he has to payback a credit, did Forrest give him a loan?
                    Anyway 5 leaf, look it as Jack is taking off the slack.
                    Lawsuits are winding down, the colored dots was prior planning for the next stage. Come on, Forrest planned it like an architect, sure at the end of a plan you do end up with change orders based on unforeseen circumstances.
                    You adjust.... you seem like a chill dude, maybe a bit high strung ha ha, but who ain’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf Blazeikson View Post

See? ... I refrain from saying a lot of what I'm thinking when I want to LASER-burn people with my eyes. If I wrote Jack an email, the first maybe only thing I'd ask is why he expects to get famous if he's afraid (through lack of solve) to get famous. Reap what you sow. You're rich, so STFU Jack- you don't get genius credit on this & if you won't help the next MFr, the solver, then F off. Signed the 5 lb. weight.
                      Easy there.

Comment

kpro Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                        X