Estate Sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate Sale?

The deadline for creditors is nearly here. Usually an estate sale would follow. Has anyone heard of one? I know Fenn allocated many collectibles to museums, but there must be other items the family doesn't want.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I've kept an eye on Forrest's home..... No changes in title and it's not listed on Zillow..... Beyond that I know nothing....

Comment

And nothing inside for sale either

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
        The deadline for creditors is nearly here. Usually an estate sale would follow. Has anyone heard of one? I know Fenn allocated many collectibles to museums, but there must be other items the family doesn't want.
        I dont think the family would want to deal with searchers showing up. If there was a sale it would not be at the house.

Comment

I wonder if the police have been more lenient now. Maybe allowing people to scale the wall, camp along the perimeter, or peep inside the windows. What could be the harm, especially now? Could you imagine the priceless keepsakes and souvenirs? If a person played their cards just right, you might not need to find the treasure . . . just sell some high-priced photos on eBay.

Okay, I'm just joking here. No need for you all to look at me funny.

Moody? Yeah, I caught your expression. You know, the one eye roaming in circles.

LOL

Comment

It's weird folk stalking the finances of a family, especially when it does not help solve the poem.

Comment

I'll keep explaining this until someone finally gets a clue. The entire Fenn estate is in a Trust. That means Forrest already decided what to do with all his possessions before he died. That means there will be no estate sale, no will reading, etc. Everything that belonged to Forrest already has a destiny. His family has already been taken care of. Honestly, the most logical thing he would have done would have been to make the S-Corp the next Trustee. Mark my words, the entire Fenn estate, barring any minor artifacts promised for his kids and grand kids is owned by the Trust which is an irrevocable Trust. It is not subject to tax and the contents cannot be divided or sold off unless instructions were provided from Forrest. Forrest would not want his entire estate collection to be divided up.

So, if you are looking for any more clues to the estate contents, you will be waiting for a long time. The only thing I would expect to happen is that moving trucks will one day show up to the residence and begin hauling things off for storage or donation to museum that Forrest specified.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                I'll keep explaining this until someone finally gets a clue. The entire Fenn estate is in a Trust. That means Forrest already decided what to do with all his possessions before he died. That means there will be no estate sale, no will reading, etc. Everything that belonged to Forrest already has a destiny. His family has already been taken care of. Honestly, the most logical thing he would have done would have been to make the S-Corp the next Trustee. Mark my words, the entire Fenn estate, barring any minor artifacts promised for his kids and grand kids is owned by the Trust which is an irrevocable Trust. It is not subject to tax and the contents cannot be divided or sold off unless instructions were provided from Forrest. Forrest would not want his entire estate collection to be divided up.

So, if you are looking for any more clues to the estate contents, you will be waiting for a long time. The only thing I would expect to happen is that moving trucks will one day show up to the residence and begin hauling things off for storage or donation to museum that Forrest specified.
                I believe that you are correct.... It's a matter of public record that his home is titled to Forrest, Peggy and an un-named trustee..... Presumably at some point Forrest and Peggy will be removed from the title... my primary interest is to see who it goes to.... Jack maybe?
                He did say that Forrest asked him to move to Santa Fe... Perhaps because he was about to inherit a home there??

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post

Estate/trust, the terminology and legalities and entries are different, but the outcome is the same. They aren't going to put everything Fenn owned in a museum or storage. Some is going in the trash or recycle, some is going to his family as mementos, and then there's a whole category of other stuff with some value to either be donated or sold. Clothing is an example of either trash or donate. A toothbrush would be trash. Non-collectible guns the family doesn't want? Sell.

Comment

Estate/trust, the terminology and legalities and entries are different, but the outcome is the same. They aren't going to put everything Fenn owned in a museum or storage. Some is going in the trash or recycle, some is going to his family as mementos, and then there's a whole category of other stuff with some value to either be donated or sold. Clothing is an example of either trash or donate. A toothbrush would be trash. Non-collectible guns? Sell.
                    I'd buy his toothbrush..... Is that weird?
                    or that purple sweater!

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post

I'd buy his toothbrush..... Is that weird?
                      or that purple sweater!
                      Well, see? There ya go. Shiloh sold his map collection, maybe he's got a few items gathered to sell. I'm not buying a toothbrush, but I'd be interested in what is for sale, if anything. Maybe his belt buckles would be for sale.
                      Last edited by CRM114; 02-22-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnus View Post
                        It's weird folk stalking the finances of a family, especially when it does not help solve the poem.
                        When there's so much revealing eye candy, who wouldn't be tempted to look. But I'm with you, I'd say it demands a reason to stop. Of course, that's only a turtle's lowly opinion.
                        Hey, when you share the same ground as serpents, there's no need to drag on and on searching for the correct solve. The whole thing is much easier to see @ ground level; oh!, thanks.

Comment

Estate/trust, the terminology and legalities and entries are different, but the outcome is the same. They aren't going to put everything Fenn owned in a museum or storage. Some is going in the trash or recycle, some is going to his family as mementos, and then there's a whole category of other stuff with some value to either be donated or sold. Clothing is an example of either trash or donate. A toothbrush would be trash. Non-collectible guns the family doesn't want? Sell.
                          I hope Chaos and Embroidery are still available. I wouldn't want to miss my chance in bidding on them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnus View Post
                            I'm not "stalking the finances," I'm interested in Fenn memorabilia, if any. I'm not interested in solving the poem - only what the blaze was, and it seems we developed a good theory on that, backed by hints in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post

I believe that you are correct.... It's a matter of public record that his home is titled to Forrest, Peggy and an un-named trustee..... Presumably at some point Forrest and Peggy will be removed from the title... my primary interest is to see who it goes to.... Jack maybe?
                              He did say that Forrest asked him to move to Santa Fe... Perhaps because he was about to inherit a home there??
                              No way.

Comment

Working...
                              X