Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the chest is still hidden, would you leave it there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the chest is still hidden, would you leave it there?

I think Fenn wanted his treasure searched for, but NEVER found. Let’s just say hypothetically that you are still confident in your solution. You’re planning to go back this summer to check it out. Maybe you’ll be right. If it were clearly communicated to you beforehand, by someone in the know, that your solve was correct, could you be persuaded to leave it there and never go back? I could be. Just a thought. The chase could live on for years.
    Last edited by elperro; 02-21-2021, 05:44 PM.

Define "persuaded". If it includes lotsa 0's, then yeah prolly.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Express View Post
      Define "persuaded". If it includes lotsa 0's, then yeah prolly.
      That would be a few O's, accompanied by a few more Oh's!!
      Sorry OH! . . . I didn't mean to use your name in vain, I got a little carried away.

Comment

I’ve contemplated the same thing just so they can experience the ride and maybe the Blaze will reveal itself again

Comment

I can’t wait to meet y’all. I’m not that crazy I seear

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post
            I think Fenn wanted his treasure searched for, but NEVER found. Let’s just say hypothetically that you are still confident in your solution. You’re planning to go back this summer to check it out. Maybe you’ll be right. If it were clearly communicated to you beforehand, by someone in the know, that your solve was correct, could you be persuaded to leave it there and never go back? I could be. Just a thought. The chase could live on for years.
            Not a chance!!
            But I would place a proxy item in its place redeemable for a second place prize of silver and let the community know what I had done.... Anonymously if possible....

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post
              If the chest is still hidden then it is waiting for a specific person. And it will be there "when" they get there.
              I should have used a forrest quote.
              "But the treasure is there waiting for the right person"
              Last edited by Quest; 02-21-2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I would leave the chest and the autobiography. I think they would be a liability. I would forgo the small amount of fame and showupmanship of my friends and past acquaintances. The contents would be enough or me. I may also leave some kind of token to indicate who I was if it were ever found in the future.

Comment

I would grab every banana

Comment

What if there is a note proclaiming the chest to be the property of Forrest Fenn, but promising a hefty finders fee (regardless of what the poem says)?

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                      I would grab every banana
                      I guess that is what FF said.

Comment

I would take it and agree to say it was in Wyoming.
                        Finding Jessica

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                          Exactly!

Comment

I am certain that Forrest would not have left anything to chance. There would most definitely be instructions and words of wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                              You wouldn't necessarily be lying.

Comment

Working...
                              X