X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherif Billy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

March is way too early. Late June at the earliest might make sense, due to muddy ground that also has a significant clay content. It sticks to soles, making hiking very difficult. And it's not likely someone with the correct solve will go to the correct spot between February and April, so why not at least make your hiking easier? For what it's worth, I plan to go after June; therefore, I won't be competing with you if you go in June. Good luck, and please emphasize safety while in the wilderness.
    Oppie...
    You misspelled souls. There is a correction function on THOR doncha know?

Billy 1f

Leave a comment:

• Sal O'mander
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

There can be more than one solver. As always, in my opinion.
    There certainly could be OP.... In fact, we know that at least a few and possibly even many searchers, have found the first two clues.... It is my opinion that nearly all of the clues have been mentioned at one time or another by a wide array of searchers.... The only thing, that I am aware of, which seems completely unique to my solve is my home of brown.... and I can't prove that no one's ever found it, only that I've never seen it mentioned....
    What really gets me is this..... If I am right, after ten years of no one finding the correct solution.... If I had been able to follow through with my original search plans, Jack and I would have been in exactly the same place at exactly the same time... Hell, we might have accidentally bumped heads while we were both busy looking quickly down! I mean, what are the odds??
    ​​​​​​
    I can't prove that we were searching in the same location... But I have followed everything he has said very closely and I can't find anything he has said which doesn't support the veracity of my solve.... It's almost as if he's getting his answers from the E-mails I sent to Forrest and the posts I've made online! I'm more convinced then ever that I have the right solution.... The only real question left, in my mind, is "did Jack beat me to it?"
    Hopefully I will find the answers this June.... I know exactly where I need to look so it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.... If there's nothing there then I was clearly wrong and I will publish my solution... The same solution which I believe Jack has been referring to in his cryptic replies..... Either way, it's going to be a great June! I've been dieing to reveal this solve since 2018.... I really can't wait to get it off my chest!

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
    I've made no secret of the fact that I believe Jack is a proxy hired by Forrest to bring an end to the chase and buy time for the person who genuinely solved the poem.... But the question remains, who is this solver and when, if ever, will they come forward?
    Many have claimed to be this mysterious solver but no one, to the best of my knowledge, has yet offered up any sort of convincing evidence... Obviously, no one who feels confident enough to declare themselves the solver is going to lay out their solution for all to see before they've had the chance to either confirm or debunk their solution... And who would believe them anyway? But isn't there anything that could be said which might sway the opinion of the masses without giving away the farm? Would it even be wise to attempt to do so?

If you truly believe that you might be the solver then prove it! There must be something that convinced you, beyond all doubt, which isn't so revealing as to give it all away.... And it has to be more than just a good solve.... Those are a dime a dozen... What is it specifically that gave you cause to be convinced that you, among all others, could be the one?
    In the end, after all, there can be only one....
    There can be more than one solver. As always, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by listengood

@ Josh Jordan.......YOU ARE A TOTAL TOOLBAG AND DELUSIONAL.
    It's like talking to a wall. You might know by now how tall it is (the wall I refer to).

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

Well said O.P..

I did not realize this until I was able to crack the meaning of one of the poem stanzas. That stanza refers to "atonement for the rare bird". It took a while for me to understand he was referring to operation Phoneix in Vietnam. He had been a CIA"spook" in Vietnam, I think after a year there, exhausted and discouraged, his eyes had been opened and he was disgusted by the business of war (supporting heroin drug lords, etc). decisions of the Washington elite thousands of miles away and corrupt governments all getting wealthy by the wholesale slaughter of the indigenous people who themself did not understand why they were fighting.

In the video footage of his flight missions that Dal posted. you can see and hear the subdued and reserved Forrest commenting. In his voice, there is no joy or jocularity, but rather sorrow and regret. There was a purpose to everything Forrest did. That's why he hid that box in the Sangre de Christo mountains of "Wyoming". He knew that sacred spot and he was going to make it work no matter what. He also hid the PTSD he suffered there and those painful memories. I believe, he loved the solitude and peace that place gave him which his mind and soul longed for. A place he could be alone with his God, the architect of the universe. To Forrest that place, that holy place, gave him the respite he needed from mankind and civilization, and why in part he preferred that only the finder come to know the precise location (the holiest of the holy) where he hid that box.

To me, Forrest was a wise sage with a wealth of knowledge and a thirst for adventure. I honestly think he is the most clever and likely the smartest person I have ever met. What a character.!!! Don't get me wrong though...... he was no saint and I'm still mad at him............ He done gone and died before I could go to that spot, retrieve the goodies and prove myself worthy to be his friend. Dang it! @!$#%!
    Forrest, here's to you....till we meet on that other side.

Billy 1f
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0957.JPG Views:	0 Size:	183.4 KB ID:	256989
    P.S. Mr. Old Pilot: The answer to that murder question you posed is answered by that name "Sangre de Christo" doncha know?

"Wyoming" ...........ya right!
    I don't know that. But I know why sheeple are so easily sheared.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by FenndersKeepers View Post

Well, I’m in the same boat you’re in. So, if you’re crazy, we’re sailing together right now. I emailed him June 4th and told him that I thought I had figured it out finally and I’d be going back after Father’s Day. Two days later, he made his announcement.
    I emailed and asked him if it had REALLY been found, and he never responded. Which, was a real bummer because I had written his song for him that past December. After the Wyoming announcement, I emailed him, and I said that I thought that Wyoming was a red herring and that something was not right. That I believed I had been at the correct spot over 88 days total, which he knew because I always emailed him each time I was BOTG letting him know every step of the way where I was, etc.
    I said that I had lost respect for him because the announcement and way it all ended seemed like a lie that needed more lies to keep it covered up. He responded to that email and said, “What proof do you have that it wasn’t in WYO?”
    I felt bad for saying what I did. I was always too passionate in my searches and have honestly always thought the spot that I was at was the spot, still do. Everything fell together at that spot. Almost ALL of the scrapbooks Forrest released in his flurry of scrapbooks, were matches for the spot and he even mentioned things directly that I had said previously and things that I had showed him. I know, I know...LOTS of people have said these same things, which DOES make a person feel crazy. One thing I never did though, even though I felt like I had found the REAL blaze and knew the chest was somewhere close, was call him. I never sought out his number. So, if Jack said that he had proof, which a lot of us it seems have felt like that, why would you call Forrest? Remember, this was BEFORE he had found the chest. A year or more before then. So Jack says...
    I need one last trip to the spot for my sanity and closure. I promised myself. I promised Forrest. To all of you that have invested so much, it’s not a waste to still have faith. This ending has made absolutely NO sense. REAL closure is needed for EVERY SINGLE SEARCHER. That’s not a lot to ask. Having some dude that gives lackluster answers is not only unfair, it’s a slap in the face to each of us that invested our hopes, dreams, time, money, and yes...sanity in all of this. I WILL go back once more. Very soon. Hopefully March if water isn’t too high. Regardless of the outcome, I have honestly really grown to admire so many of you. So many BRILLIANT minds on here. Good people. Childlike faith. An awesome community of adventurers and seekers. Thank you to so many of you.
    March is way too early. Late June at the earliest might make sense, due to muddy ground that also has a significant clay content. It sticks to soles, making hiking very difficult. And it's not likely someone with the correct solve will go to the correct spot between February and April, so why not at least make your hiking easier? For what it's worth, I plan to go after June; therefore, I won't be competing with you if you go in June. Good luck, and please emphasize safety while in the wilderness.
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 03-24-2021, 01:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied

It's always to difficult to like someone else's solve as much as you like your own..... Kind of like kids!
    But what you've revealed sounds reasonable so far!
    I've got a secondary solve, in fairly close to my primary one, where I use high voltage power lines as heavy loads.... I don't like it as much as my primary solve because it's not as intellectually satisfying to me... But who knows?
    In my opinion, high voltage power lines aren't durable enough to be a valid hint/clue for thousands of years.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Jordan
    replied
    Did ya maybe think it's just not important? Got better things to do? A life?

I've been transparent, but as that saying goes "bees don't need to explain to flies that honey tastes better than shit."

Leave a comment:

• Sal O'mander
    replied
    I had to take a little break but I'm back....
    Hopefully with a little less vitriol than before....
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• OH!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	tenor.gif Views:	89 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	264474
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23364.gif
Views:	230
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	264555
    Last edited by OH!!; 03-15-2021, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboyrocker
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Round Peg, Square Hole
    replied
    Originally posted by OH!! View Post
    Jack told us the solve, the minute he stated what it wasn't.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	322
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	264474

Leave a comment:

• OH!!
    replied
    Jack told us the solve, the minute he stated what it wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• listengood
    replied

Was Forrest attempting to purchase forgiveness for past sins? A bit of monetary "lube" to help squeeze a rich man through the eye of a needle?
    If so, what sins was he most concerned about?
    The horrors he rained from upon high onto innocent civilians in Vietnam?
    Those he committed upon the indigenous ancestors whose eternal slumber he so rudely interrupted?
    Maybe it was those stolen pies from so many years ago?
    Or perhaps something we are as of yet completely unaware of???
    Weren't all of his good deeds more than enough to make up for past indiscretions??
    ​​​​​
    Sal O'mander it is starting to blow my mind how much we think alike. The ill gotten gains must be unpacked so the camel can fit through the eye of the needle gate. You definitely read your scriptures. I beleive I know what is in that autobiography. Its gonna be a like having a bomb explode, or not explode because it wasn't really a bomb. You catching my drift?

Leave a comment:

• listengood
    replied

Agreed.... I certainly won't make any claims until I can confirm or debunk.... I suppose my real interest is not in knowing who they are but weather or not anyone else is seeing the same kinds of solver specific hints that I believe I have..... Or have I just finally gone completely mad??
    I see exactly what you see. You are dead on point

Leave a comment:

Working...
X