Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexandra Fechin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by RussDana View Post

    Hi - I can see why you ask that question - it does have several parallels to things he has written. I never saw a copy, but Forrest had books in other rooms and I spent most of my time with the books in the study. The study held his expensive/Western/research books. For example, I never saw his copy of Flywater anywhere in the study. In fact, now that I think about it, I didn't see any books about fishing in the study - a person who loved fishing as much as Forrest would have had quite a few books on fishing - I am not sure where those would have been.
    Russ
    Yes I can understand Forrest on the missing fishing books, wanting to go fishing and just can't do it anymore.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Trovesearcher1 View Post
      Hi Russ, any Louis L'Amour western books?
      Hi - I can definitely answer "yes" to that one. He had a copy of "Frontier" that L'Amour had inscribed to him. You can see the copy here (https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...vin-fenn-books).

      But I didn't see any of L'Amour's fiction books in the study, but I feel that he must have read them given he knew L'Amour.

      Russ

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RussDana View Post

        Hi - I can definitely answer "yes" to that one. He had a copy of "Frontier" that L'Amour had inscribed to him. You can see the copy here (https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...vin-fenn-books).

        But I didn't see any of L'Amour's fiction books in the study, but I feel that he must have read them given he knew L'Amour.

        Russ
        Yes, I recall Forrest mentioning the name "Louie" somewhere? everyone was trying to figure out who Louie was. I knew exactly and posted the below song. I think the Title is fitting if there is ever a movie released on Forrest, his life and The Chase.

        Also when the "Dog Eared" dollar or was it a five dollar bill was posted.

        Did Forrest like Pecans?

        Sorry, I missed your other post

        https://youtu.be/50he2K6bd1w
        Last edited by Trovesearcher1; 02-18-2021, 09:36 AM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Trovesearcher1 View Post

          Yes, I recall Forrest mentioning the name "Louie" somewhere? everyone was trying to figure out who Louie was. I knew exactly and posted the below song. I think the Title is fitting if there is ever a movie released on Forrest, his life and The Chase.

          Also when the "Dog Eared" dollar or was it a five dollar bill was posted.

          Did Forrest like Pecans?

          Sorry, I missed your other post

          https://youtu.be/50he2K6bd1w
          Thanks for sending that - I don't think that I had ever heard a song that mentioned Louis L'Amour before.
          Russ

          Comment


          • #35
            Hi Russ: re: March of the Past, I like your quote with thunder and lightning: Donner and Blitzen!

            Comment


            • #36
              I'm supposing all books and any marks or marginalia in them that were related to the chase were probably super well hidden or destroyed intentionally.

              That said, there are only a few reasons for blue dots.

              1. Might signify something special about them, such as they are signed or first editions or very valuable or emotionally important.
              2. In all art galleries, they put a dot on the label for work that is already sold and/or not for sale.
              3. They might represent books that he signed and or gifted to friends or family on his passing, so the dots ensure those ones don't go to sale accidentally. (This is my hunch) The rarity of the blue dots seems to be very specific, and this specificity points to intentionality on the part of Forrest. He had his stuff in order.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post
                I'm supposing all books and any marks or marginalia in them that were related to the chase were probably super well hidden or destroyed intentionally.

                That said, there are only a few reasons for blue dots.

                1. Might signify something special about them, such as they are signed or first editions or very valuable or emotionally important.
                2. In all art galleries, they put a dot on the label for work that is already sold and/or not for sale.
                3. They might represent books that he signed and or gifted to friends or family on his passing, so the dots ensure those ones don't go to sale accidentally. (This is my hunch) The rarity of the blue dots seems to be very specific, and this specificity points to intentionality on the part of Forrest. He had his stuff in order.
                Those are all good points - my best guess would be your #3 point is correct. Perhaps the ones with blue dots were supposed to be given to some person or institution. I never tried to buy a book with a blue dot. I can see that Haley's Charles Goodnight book has a blue dot - I know that I picked up that book and don't remember anything that special about it. And it is a pretty common book. On the right of it is the Ode to Nita Stewart Haley book, which I did buy and was only as run of 100 copies, and it doesn't even seem to have any dot and that book was incredibly special to him. So on the surface the dots don't seem to align with either rarity or personal meaning if those two books are any example.
                Russ

                Comment


                • #38
                  If the dots don't seem to align with rarity or personal meaning, could they be a code of some kind - instead of dots and dashes you have blue dots and yellow dots? Or could it have been a way he kept track of his books. When visitors came he could immediately see if something was moved or missing. And why just those few shelves and not all of the shelves?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    KPro just posted some videos from Dal. In the 1st interview with Doug Preston dated 8 years ago, Doug and Forrest are sitting in front of a book shelf, possibly the same one Russ posted pictures of. There doesn’t seem to be any dots below the books?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
                      If the dots don't seem to align with rarity or personal meaning, could they be a code of some kind - instead of dots and dashes you have blue dots and yellow dots? Or could it have been a way he kept track of his books. When visitors came he could immediately see if something was moved or missing. And why just those few shelves and not all of the shelves?
                      It seemed to be more than books as well. That SB 244 about the Gaspard Memory painting had a blue dot on the backside of the painting (frame).

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCUfapmwdYE

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X