Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to GoFundMe page for forensic photo analysis

*Fundraiser Closed

We have started a GoFundMe page to support the effort to have some photos professionally analyzed. It would be nice to have some answers one way or another. Some searchers that I've talked to are not necessarily doubting everything we've been given regarding the ending but also aren't against finding out if there's more to the story. I know some of you have already pledged your support.

The finale of Forrest Fenn’s The Thrill of the Chase treasure hunt holds more questions than answers for many searchers. The skepticism stems from not only the cold and abrupt ending of The Chase including the reluctance of Forrest’s family and the Finder to disclose details, but more importantly, the questionable photos.

If you feel that more answers are needed to be satisfied with the Chase ending, please consider this opportunity to get involved and pledge your support. The goal of this endeavor is to hire a professional forensic photo analysis company to analyze a few of the Chase ending photos.

We will be requesting an extensive investigation which will include:
    • Physics: shadows, lighting, and reflections
    • Geometry: vanishing points, distances within the image, and 3D models
    • Optical: lens distortion or aberrations
    • Image Sensor: fixed pattern noise and color filter defects
    • File format: metadata, file compression, thumbnails and markers
    • Pixel: scaling, cropping, cloned, or resaving
    Some of the above aberrations can already be seen with the naked eye and with the forensic software OH!! has shared with the community. Feedback from a professional company will enhance what has already been noticed and will address any questions in a professional and legitimate way. Ultimately the report will include a statement from the company to the public. We have requested that there be a clause in this statement which says that they decline to take on any liability in this case in hopes of promoting a peaceful and respectful conclusion.

Any contributors who wish to remain anonymous can do so. The participating team will hold Zoom meetings etc. to discuss details in private. It is up to you if you would like to be an active participant or have your identity disclosed at any point. The amount of money raised will determine the number of photos to be analyzed. At this time we estimate a cost of $1,000 per photo and our goal is to raise $2,000. The two photos we feel that need thorough investigation are the very first chest found photo and the photo with Jack and Forrest at the table. The more photos we can analyze, the more data we will have to add to the database.

Here are links to some of the photos in question:

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...-photoshopping

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...-and-his-photo

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...-you-the-stick
    Last edited by Goldilocks; Yesterday, 06:21 PM.

Thank you for everything you have done Goldilocks. I've added my donation as well.
    A good forger attempts to deceive the naked human eye.
    It's part of the challenge in the game he plays.

Deceiving science in expert hands is however, practically impossible!"

Comment

Now hopefully this will go somewhere! Yay for the go fund me page!

Comment

Very very happy to help get the ball rolling on this one....))

Comment

Waste of time and money.

Comment

Pledges on Paper:
            Anonymous --- 100.00
            Anonymous --- 50.00
            Anonymous --- 100.00
            Total = 250.00
            As of 2/6/2021 we have 7 participants. 3 have pledged.

Gofundme:

OH!! ---------- 300.00
            Goldilocks -- 100.00
            NadiyaM -----50.00
            Anonymous -25.00
            Anonymous -20.00
            Anonymous --5.00
            Total = 500.00

This is generously amazing to all that have participated. Our goal of 2000.00 is not far away. A sincere thank you to all.

Comment

Pledges on Paper:
              Anonymous --- 100.00
              Anonymous --- 50.00
              Anonymous --- 100.00
              Total = 250.00
              As of 2/7/2021 we have 7 participants. 3 have pledged.

Gofundme:

OH!! ---------- 300.00
              Goldilocks -- 100.00
              NadiyaM -----50.00
              Anonymous -25.00
              Anonymous -20.00
              Anonymous --5.00
              Anonymous -100.00 - 1pm today
              Total = 600.00

Our effort has branched out and is being talked about on Facebook, along with other sites.
              The opportunity to be part of this endeavor is still available, but not for long. OH!!
              Last edited by OH!!; 02-07-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

We have another anonymous donation. A sincere thank you anonymous.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	donation.JPG
Views:	720
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	252772

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                  We have another anonymous donation. A sincere thank you anonymous.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	donation.JPG
Views:	720
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	252772
                  Steady progress.....I hope others will join..)) Will be nice to have concrete facts about the ending photos....opinions are plentiful.....

Comment

Pledges on Paper:
                    Anonymous --- 100.00
                    Anonymous --- 100.00
                    Total = 200.00
                    As of 2/7/2021 we had 10 participants. 8 have pledged to GoFundMe.

Gofundme:

OH!! ---------- 300.00
                    Goldilocks -- 100.00
                    NadiyaM -----50.00
                    Anonymous -25.00
                    Anonymous -20.00
                    Anonymous --5.00
                    Anonymous -100.00 - 1pm today
                    Anonymous --50.00 - 7pm tonight

Total = 650.00

Our effort has branched out and is being talked about on Facebook, along with other sites.
                    The opportunity to be part of this endeavor is still available, but not for long. Our total is 850.00. OH!!
                    Last edited by OH!!; 02-08-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
                      https://www.gofundme.com/f/forensic-...t-fenns-photos

We have started a GoFundMe page to support the effort to have some photos professionally analyzed. It would be nice to have some answers one way or another. Some searchers that I've talked to are not necessarily doubting everything we've been given regarding the ending but also aren't against finding out if there's more to the story. I know some of you have already pledged your support.

The finale of Forrest Fenn’s The Thrill of the Chase treasure hunt holds more questions than answers for many searchers. The skepticism stems from not only the cold and abrupt ending of The Chase including the reluctance of Forrest’s family and the Finder to disclose details, but more importantly, the questionable photos.

If you feel that more answers are needed to be satisfied with the Chase ending, please consider this opportunity to get involved and pledge your support. The goal of this endeavor is to hire a professional forensic photo analysis company to analyze a few of the Chase ending photos.

We will be requesting an extensive investigation which will include:
                      • Physics: shadows, lighting, and reflections
                      • Geometry: vanishing points, distances within the image, and 3D models
                      • Optical: lens distortion or aberrations
                      • Image Sensor: fixed pattern noise and color filter defects
                      • File format: metadata, file compression, thumbnails and markers
                      • Pixel: scaling, cropping, cloned, or resaving
                      Some of the above aberrations can already be seen with the naked eye and with the forensic software OH!! has shared with the community. Feedback from a professional company will enhance what has already been noticed and will address any questions in a professional and legitimate way. Ultimately the report will include a statement from the company to the public. We have requested that there be a clause in this statement which says that they decline to take on any liability in this case in hopes of promoting a peaceful and respectful conclusion.

Any contributors who wish to remain anonymous can do so. The participating team will hold Zoom meetings etc. to discuss details in private. It is up to you if you would like to be an active participant or have your identity disclosed at any point. The amount of money raised will determine the number of photos to be analyzed. At this time we estimate a cost of $1,000 per photo and our goal is to raise $2,000. The two photos we feel that need thorough investigation are the very first chest found photo and the photo with Jack and Forrest at the table. The more photos we can analyze, the more data we will have to add to the database.

Here are links to some of the photos in question:

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...-photoshopping

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...-and-his-photo

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...-you-the-stick
                      We are almost half way there! If you have any ideas how we can reach out to more people, feel free to do so. The GoFundMe page has ways to share this endeavor and may help us with our fundraiser.

Pledges on Paper:
                      Anonymous --- 100.00
                      Anonymous --- 100.00
                      Total = 200.00
                      As of 2/8/2021 we had 10 participants. 8 have pledged to GoFundMe.

Gofundme:

OH!! ---------- 300.00
                      Goldilocks -- 100.00
                      NadiyaM -----50.00
                      Anonymous -25.00
                      Anonymous -20.00
                      Anonymous --5.00
                      Anonymous -100.00 --- 2/7/2021
                      Anonymous --50.00 --- 2/7/2021
                      Total = 650.00

The opportunity to be part of this endeavor is still available, but not for long. Our total is 850.00. OH!!

Comment

Capturing, assessing, investigating, and analyzing digital evidence requires specialized knowledge, skills and abilities – making digital forensics an art, as much as it is a science.
                        The difference between authentic and manipulated photos has become harder to distinguish, and can only be detected by digital forensic experts.
                        Many people do not understand this and feel that it can be done, even if a person is not part of a forensic team. This concerns me and I feel in the following days, there will be some trying to sabotage our fund raising, so our forensic endeavor becomes difficult to complete. What we are doing can be dangerous and opposing parties will try anything to collapse our efforts.
                        If you zoom into an image and have met the tiny squares (pixels) each and everyone of these pixels hold an abundance of codes, along with history. It is what is buried deep inside a digital photo.
                        An image cannot just be zoomed in on and analyzed without a multitude of computer algorithms, specifically built for photo forensics. It is just not possible if you want a correct conclusion. Please be aware of efforts like this in coming weeks, along with people asking odd information. It is better to play it safe in all aspects. I felt this needed to be noted for future reference. Thank you all who have aided in this fundraiser and a special thank you to the ones who may be considering to give. With sincere respect. OH!!
                        Last edited by OH!!; 02-08-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I guess I do have to chime in... what do y'all feel is wrong with altering photographs that are part of a real life game / puzzle / mystery? They HAVE been altered and I can say that with 100% confidence. But they may hold clues that are needed to complete the chase... so instead of prematurely exposing something that will be revealed in coming weeks, why don't y'all save your money and effort, be patient, and focus on something positive. I'm skeptical of everyone's intentions too - so I understand the need for closure as I need that myself so I can happily move forward. But, have faith Forrest's plan and strange way of "ending" the Chase. Understand that there's more to the story and while it may seem mean or sinister at the moment... I can tell you it's not. Think of it as an unorthodox and creative hidden school that's still in session. I have faith in 2 very important people in this that have touched my heart and rekindled my soul in exceptional, paradoxical ways that would not have been if we hadn't crossed paths a few times. Its building and there's more to come. Think of it as tough love that some of us needed to save our lives and give the gift of peace, contentment, and love. The journey continues, but I'm confident that Forrest's plan is still unfolding as I type. This will be the end of Forrest's quest and current chapter, but he's passing the torch to someone to continue their own version of the Chase/Quest so IT will continue touching the lives of a new generation of treasure seekers in positive ways. Again, I'm 100% sure the "professionals" will conclude they are altered. But only certain treasure searchers can interpret the clues. Opening this up to controversy just invites more negative energy into our lives that will ultimately be counterproductive and could slow Fenn's plans further... or FF instructed OH!! to do this for a purpose- if that's the case, carry on.

Comment

Tornado I appreciate your honesty. Maybe you are privy to some information that I don't have or maybe it's just your faith. Well sadly I've sort of lost faith with the sketchy release of information at the end. I would love for your version of the story to be the ending I've been waiting for. I don't want to believe that Forrest would leave us all hanging like this. You are right, I'm sure the analysis will verify that photos have been altered. Maybe we should ask people if they want the conclusions revealed to the public or not? I respect that there are searchers out there who want to solve the poem on their own, with or without Jack's help. I hope exposing this controversy does not invite negativity but rather adds to the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
                              Tornado I appreciate your honesty. Maybe you are privy to some information that I don't have or maybe it's just your faith. Well sadly I've sort of lost faith with the sketchy release of information at the end. I would love for your version of the story to be the ending I've been waiting for. I don't want to believe that Forrest would leave us all hanging like this. You are right, I'm sure the analysis will verify that photos have been altered. Maybe we should ask people if they want the conclusions revealed to the public or not? I respect that there are searchers out there who want to solve the poem on their own, with or without Jack's help. I hope exposing this controversy does not invite negativity but rather adds to the discussion.
                              Thank you. I dont want to say too much yet because it may be related to the "why didn't I think of that". Some people don't mind sharing their thunder, but I'm sure Forrest has a more creative way to unveil his masterpiece other than some tech professional's report. However, I can imagine there may be some legal benefits to support a winning solve as well with this... so that's why I mentioned what I did in my last sentence above. I just dont want people spending their money on something that is not neccessary or doesn't contribute to the greater good. For anyone contributing: If this about calling out Forrest to appease your suspicion that there was wrong doing that you think negativity affected you... use your imagination, remember it was a voluntary game, and trust that love always presides over evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X