Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWWH in TTOTC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WWWH in TTOTC

    Good afternoon!
    I have debated keeping this one under my hat, but at this point, what is there to lose? I believe that I located the spot in the book where warm waters halt is. When Jack posted the unedited footage on his YouTube, it states in that interview that the illustrations could help. So, I opened up my copy of the thrill of the chase and started really studying the illustrations. On page 110, and 111, there is a big picture. Forrest states in this chapter that there is an “alpha teacher”(Alpha /Begin), and low and behold, the teacher is halting the car. I studied the picture and noticed shapes in the teachers form and clothing. it looks like hidden letters of the alphabet to me. And they spell out the word “Madison.”I have highlighted what I believe are the letters, but there are multiple ways you can see Madison spelled out on the teacher. There is even a F with a small dot which I have highlighted in red on her ear as well as on the little girl in front of her.. If you follow the illustration down it actually follows the path of the river . To top things off, the little girl at the end of the rope has an omega on the back of her dress, and the pattern looks like an aerial view of trees. This could just be bias on my part, because Madison Junction was always my WWWH, but the more I looked , it can’t be just a coincidence. this would drastically narrow the search to the stretch of the river between Madison Junction and the Montana border if the state was Wyoming, and I believe Forrest. What do you think?
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Quite the imagination Grizz! All I get from teachers with ropes is the word "Halt" means physically stop. Also along the route from WWWH on the ground in a specific area are actual ropes laying there and have been there for years and years.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a slightly different imagination than you, Grizzbait. I see an upside-down omega with a line through it.

      I'm guessing the line through it might indicate the omega is no longer valid. But it's a good thing "valid" also means "believable", because I have a good imagination to know that nothing valid means something.
      Last edited by Suzy; 02-03-2021, 12:13 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I like your idea of trying to connect the picture of the teacher halting the car to Madison Junction. At this point i'm pretty convinced that Madison Junction is WWWH. I can clearly see the letter F and a letter A, but I'm having trouble making out the other letters. Maybe I need stronger reading glasses.

        Comment


        • #5
          Redneck Girl - thank you. I haven’t done anything to the pictures except highlight the letters and it may have made them hard to see.
          This is what I found:
          M-on the lapel
          A-sleeve
          D-cuff
          I- pocket
          S-in her hair
          O- in her bun
          N- shoe
          Some letters seem to be bold in the illustrations, which drew my attention. Take a look at your book and see if you notice them. I can’t un-see it now

          Comment


          • #6
            The teacher is definitely halting warm waters in the car radiator, which is prominent. It's not the only time Forrest uses this analogy - see Buffalo Cowboys. The rest of the kids represent other clues in order. The F indicates Forrest drew this.

            Sorry, but I don't get "Madison" out of it, but the teacher seems to have an "A" (Ace) up her sleeve. There's a ton of meaning in this drawing from which side of the rope people are on to the books to the number of lines on the girls dress to the flowers/clouds and where the last girl is looking, to the two braids in her hair like the girl in the bookstore and what she is looking at.
            You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

            Comment


            • #7
              CRM114 - I like it. That also makes sense to me . Suzy upside down omega , maybe so? Or possibly a river ford ?
              the teacher does have a “sideways looking face” like Ms Ford

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Suzy View Post
                I have a slightly different imagination than you, Grizzbait. I see an upside-down omega with a line through it.

                I'm guessing the line through it might indicate the omega is no longer valid. But it's a good thing "valid" also means "believable", because I have a good imagination to know that nothing valid means something.
                That you do

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think there's doublespeak in the poem in various ways. I'm going to point you all in a direction that may vary greatly from your preconceived notions.
                  wwwh is Lake Superior, your primary concern here is the Thomas Wilson shipwreck. Don't get to know Duluth too well though. Highball it for Palo Alto CA and look at the mural across the street from Bell's Books. Maybe even check out the jewelry store while you're there.

                  There's a reason it took so long for it to be found. People didn't see the big picture. I got on this track from looking at some property records. Once I looked at it, it all made sense.

                  Hope this brings some closure to other searchers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Grizzbait View Post
                    CRM114 - I like it. That also makes sense to me . Suzy upside down omega , maybe so? Or possibly a river ford ?
                    the teacher does have a “sideways looking face” like Ms Ford
                    Sideways face - good one. Her body seems to face both ways, depending on which part you look at. I think this is meaningful. Also note the number 5 on the side of both kids heads in front of the car.
                    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just had another idea. It doesn't agree with my Harlequin Lake solve but I'll post it anyway:
                      There are 6 knots in the rope. Since a Knot is 1.15 miles that makes it 6.9 miles. From what I can tell it's pretty close to 6.9 miles along the rope-shaped river from Madison Junction to Seven Mile Bridge.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
                        I think there's doublespeak in the poem in various ways. I'm going to point you all in a direction that may vary greatly from your preconceived notions.
                        wwwh is Lake Superior, your primary concern here is the Thomas Wilson shipwreck. Don't get to know Duluth too well though. Highball it for Palo Alto CA and look at the mural across the street from Bell's Books. Maybe even check out the jewelry store while you're there.

                        There's a reason it took so long for it to be found. People didn't see the big picture. I got on this track from looking at some property records. Once I looked at it, it all made sense.

                        Hope this brings some closure to other searchers.
                        Lake Superior! Good one.
                         

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
                          I just had another idea. It doesn't agree with my Harlequin Lake solve but I'll post it anyway:
                          There are 6 knots in the rope. Since a Knot is 1.15 miles that makes it 6.9 miles. From what I can tell it's pretty close to 6.9 miles along the rope-shaped river from Madison Junction to Seven Mile Bridge.
                          exactly, RG. There are 7 people in that picture. It also lead me to 7mile bridge .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If you look at the car windows you will see YNP. The P is on the side window and facing backwards.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Grizzbait View Post

                              exactly, RG. There are 7 people in that picture. It also lead me to 7mile bridge .
                              I had considered Seven Mile Bridge as the put in spot but couldn't figure out how to get it to work with other clues in the poem. If the put in is Seven Mile Bridge then you'd have access to both sides of the river. I've never been there (except once many years ago in the middle of winter) so I don't know which side looks more promising.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X