Items In The Chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Presque vu View Post

Yes, but he talked about taking out things that might get destroyed by time and he was obviously in such a rush he didn't even realize the scissors were in there. When I get ready for a trip my mind is so busy trying to not forget anything that I always end up forgetting something.
    If he was in a rush, maybe it was because he didn't hide the goodies until about the middle of 2020. He knew the poem had been solved, so he figured he'd better have the trove there before the LS demonstrates that the solve led to an empty spot. All just a hypothetical possibility, in my opinion. What do y'all think about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

If he was in a rush, maybe it was because he didn't hide the goodies until about the middle of 2020. He knew the poem had been solved, so he figured he'd better have the trove there before the LS demonstrates that the solve led to an empty spot. All just a hypothetical possibility, in my opinion. What do y'all think about this?
      If 66 planned on trying Elles by fire, did he believe his testes would have recovered in 2020? Maybe he's been waiting on 44, but needs to go alone only to find Ds there. . .

Comment

Comment

Maybe this is exactly how it went down. But what’s the rush? No one’s gonna believe an empty-handed solver without FF’s stamp of authenticity to back the solve.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade Van Ostrand View Post
            Maybe this is exactly how it went down. But what’s the rush? No one’s gonna believe an empty-handed solver without FF’s stamp of authenticity to back the solve.
            True dat.

Comment

"the middle of 2020," good one...

Comment

In the beginning he didn’t have much traction. People weren’t looking. Maybe he “grew” the chest in his descriptions of it to draw more interest. The stick as a fishing pole is a clever idea, and points towards a favorite fishing hole. The missing items could be in someone’s possession, someone who found it before and then walked away with a memento. What a badass that person must feel like now!! If that’s the story that is.

The autobiography is a crucial element. It’ll tell us something about why he hid it and where. It will belong to whomever has the kind of money Jack is requesting.

Here’s a question. Is the chest more valuable after purchase? Perhaps the story is so big that it’s value will increase once the story unfolds. Or maybe it’s just an old mans autobio that reads like his book, no big whoppers to add juice to anything. Who knows.

Im surprised that Jelly Bean guy hasn’t bought it, or someone with a bunch of dough who wants to rehide it. Or the Cody museum...or anyone yet!

Stupid question: did Jack announce that he was the finder before or after Forrest’s death? It matters more then the photos of them together. Maybe the real finder using Jack as a proxy held those items back as leverage in case Jack doesn’t fulfill his duties as proxy. With those items he can prove his position. Without them it’s just more talk.

Red Flags: missing items. Not remembering the phone call from Jack. No buyer. Photoshop. The timing of everything. Six days with no photo.

I wish that chest had been finger printed!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

"the middle of 2020," good one...
                  Thanks . . . I tink I understand you.

Comment

The more I read about photoshopping of photos showing goodies in the chest, the more it seems to support the idea that the beauty of the goodies were enhanced visually by computer, for hyping the treasure hunt. So a relatively lame-looking trove (as shown in the "post-find" photos may be kinda realistic, which tends to
                    support the claim that the TC has been found and will no longer be available for finding by a legitimate finder with a legitimate solve. But I plan to search one more time anyway, in case my effort(s) will prove valuable and valid . . . or something like that. Meanwhile, good luck to all searchers still in the hunt -- either just for the solve, or for both the solve and the find.
                    Last edited by Old Pilot; 04-13-2021, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X