We're Going to Solve It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Going to Solve It

Hey fellow treasure hunters. We're going to solve Forrest Fenn's poem. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, or even this year. But it's going to happen. Forrest hinted that the solution would be obvious in retrospect. Some of us have already solved the first two clues. We can see that clearly now. There is no need to hide your best ideas anymore. Was Jack the true finder? Probably. But that doesn't matter. Whenever a seemingly impossible record is broken, it's often beaten again soon afterwards. That's why Forrest felt certain that (ALL) the truth would eventually come out.

I don't know when. But "it" will come out. Are you working toward that goal? I am.
    Rudy Green[e]
    "First to the Miracle Log"
    whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

Yes. It will eventually come out. Forrest didn’t intend for it not to come out. He wanted everyone to know how clever he was. He said that everyone would laugh and say “why didn’t I think of that”. It’s hard to forget that quote. Later when asked about the reveal of the location, he stated that he would leave that up to the finder. This is because the finder might want to write a book or something to share the solve for additional profit. So I definitely don’t believe that Forrest told Jack not to reveal because he didn’t want the spot trampled or damaged. That simply cannot be true. We will know it eventually!

Comment

When you solve 'it', you can then solve the rest.

Comment

Care to share the first two clue locations?

Comment

Originally posted by BritChaser View Post
          Given the shear amount of hours I've invested in the chase, I have no doubt that I considered the correct WWWH as a possibility. However, I don't have the feeling of confidence in a correct WWWH that is gained by connecting it to the rest of the clues. Therefore, I don't know the first two locations.

Edit: My best ideas for WWWH within Wyoming are Sunlight Creek Bridge, 32 degree meridian, Middle Popo Agie River, Warm Springs Creeks and Madison Junction/Ojo Caliente.
          Last edited by thehomeofBrown.com; 01-26-2021, 12:21 AM. Reason: Added my WWWH ideas.
          Rudy Green[e]
          "First to the Miracle Log"
          whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

Comment

I'll give you mine:
            WWWH = the Beartooth Highway at Cook City, Mt. (designated as MT Rte 32/ US Hwy 212) at exactly 110 W degrees longitude (waters at 90- 109 degrees F are considered warm by certain designations). Take "it" (Beartooth Hwy) down the canyon west bound for about 10 miles until you see the rock formation shown in my avatar. The veil shaped white rock that is encased in the red-ish rock formation can be considered a "horse" in old timey mining lingo. The title character from Tom Brown's Schooldays attended Rugby, but his HOME was the Vale of the White Horse district.

There's lots of landmarks in the area that fit nicely with perceived hints in all 3 of Fenn's books. Yeah, I know that such is true of a lot of search areas, but someday I intend to make it back to the area to do a dry botg search.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot
              The poem has been solved. It directs a searcher to the hidey spot, which is quite specific and small. If you want to assign all kinds of other philosophy/spirituality/religiosity/fantasy to the poem's meaning, instead of just letting it guide you to the hidey spot, please be careful not to become unhealthy due to lack of exercise -- and/or excessive eating -- and/or the resulting obesity.
              Shouldn't there be a period after the second word spot?
              Last edited by Trovesearcher1; 01-25-2021, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I will share my first 2 clues:
                The first has to do with Where warm waters halt; I believe this means "W" here close water s(silent h) alt= "Wy close to water Salt River". Then he said he went alone "in there", the next capital "there" in the poem is "There'll", so he went to LL, a place with a private airstrip Just like in National Treasure "There at the Wall". 'LL is a real place on the edge between Id and Wy and between ( in the middle) of Freedom and Etna on the Salt River in the Star Valley Wyoming. It is a gated and private community and you can't just drive or walk in. I also found lots of Fennish paradolia there, a real covered bridge, and a painting in one of the guest houses that was done by Olga Svboda (I may have missed spelled that ) in the tea colors. I also found a red "T" in a brochure ad that was 22 pages long typed all in black except that one letter. I had names of actual people who reside there that I had pulled out of anagrams and 2 addresses I pulled out of the poem. I sent my entire solve to Mr. Fenn and published it and he informed me in a joking way, I ruined the chase and asked me to take down my solve which I did out of respect for him. He asked me for a picture of myself searching for the treasure. I was then disbarred from Dals and another site that belonged to some Mike guy. He told me I think like him. In email communications with him I often referred to myself as the Jack of spades... weird huh?

Comment

i can't get past thinking the blaze is a white stripe down something.

Comment

Originally posted by rapala67 View Post
                    i can't get past thinking the blaze is a white stripe down something.
                    Yes, something is really skunky.

Comment

Wwwh- red, green, black, bald, touch...

That's all I'm going to say..
                      Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

Originally posted by Deja View Post

Yes, something is really skunky.
                        Skunks typically sow a lot of SOBs up on the mountain. And since there are no rewards in the f crowd, who are running around like chickens, yesterday was my last BOTG. Sorry, my eyes and f's have had it, so I'm jumping ship at the 69 foot mark. It's gonna be a hard plunge to break the routine, but life goes on. Thanks for the time and discussions, y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot

Please do pardon my skepticism.
                          It is always welcome.
                          Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

I’m going to keep pounding ,and grinding and knocking away at it

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                              I’m going to keep pounding ,and grinding and knocking away at it
                              I have some spare thermite clay strips(?)
                              Seriously, everyone is so impatient. Obviously, Plan A didn't work because the instructions or circumstances or opportunities or effectiveness of mental warfare were asinine, f'ed, interfered with, or unclear. That's pretty par for (at least my) life, so why does everyone have knotted britches?
                              This is real life, and less than 1% of us can afford to do this full time or go searching more than once every few years or even decade or so. Some of us have other obstacles like health conditions or poverty conditions or logistical conditions.
                              If someone wanted to bet on a lead searcher and speed up their success already- they would've put their money into that person's daily needs yesteryear. Since (to my knowledge) no one has the cash to put where their impatience spews forth, y'all need to chill out.
                              If you're not part of the solution- you're part of the delay.

Comment

Working...
                              X