Hi, new here, a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new here, a question

Hi everyone. I've never been a poster on this chase, but I've followed it for a few years. This seems to be the site with the only good activity anymore. And now I'm more curious than ever, funny enough.
    My sense is that Jack is really the finder, but that Forrest wanted to let this ride out so that all the people who still want to solve this can do that.
    I've seen some very interesting posts over the last year or so here. And I'm still interested in this, just out of curiosity.

My question is, what do you think is the likelihood that the treasure is still out there?
    Or is this just about figuring it out now?

Here. WWWH is Madison Junction. The canyon is the Madison. HoB is West Yellowstone. NPftM is the Hebgen earthquake area. The end drawing nigh (on the left) is Coffin Mountain. Heavy Loads is Madison Slide. Water High is Earthquake Lake. You are up Sheep Creek without a paddle. If you are wise you see an owl on the hillside 2 miles up the trail. The blaze is a cleft in the hillside. Tarry Scant with Marvel Gaze is a position on the left arm of the cleft where you can see a white rock and sunset both. But you can't take any chest or go in peace because Forrest doesn't play fair. All best, Horseman. Hope that satisfies your curiosity. XO

Comment

PS-- if you're into Sleepy Hollow, read the Jason Crane books. They kick ass.

Comment

I’m 50/50. On one hand, I can see how clearly Jack has filled the role of FF and all of his responses and articles reenforce my belief that he knew the solve and has/had the treasure.

On the other hand, I find myself asking why is he still playing the part? What’s in it for him to continue on playing this role? And believe me he is playing a part....I’m 100% sure of this. So again, it begs the question, why? Is it because he’s obligated to remain silent if he wants to keep the treasure, but so desperately wants to tell everyone what that solve was that the only way he can really do it is to continue playing the part Forrest was, in order for those still in the chase to see? Or is there yet another act ready to be played out?

I don’t believe the lawsuits really played too much of a role in this. If anything it only sped up a process in which it was eventually going to play out anyways. The Medium article with all the subtle hints that was released before Jack was outed made me realize this. Immediately everyone thought the article sounded so much like Forrest that many believed it was Douglas who wrote it....or perhaps Forrest himself and left if for someone else to publish it. So why did Jack go through great lengths to sound so much like him? And now responding to emails in a similar fashion Forrest would... IMO Jack understood one thing in the poem...upon retrieving it he’d have to fulfill a role to play(metaphorically speaking). It’s what happens when you play the game. I’m beginning to wonder if it was always in Forrest’s plan to have that as a burden of responsibility the finder would have to carry if he wanted to keep it.

I honestly don’t know anymore, that’s why I’m 50/50. I’ll give it one last look this Summer just for ease of mind. If there’s no concrete news it’s still out there before then, then after that I’m moving on to the next chase.
        Last edited by DanNun; 01-14-2021, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FromHannibalMo View Post
          Here. WWWH is Madison Junction. The canyon is the Madison. HoB is West Yellowstone. NPftM is the Hebgen earthquake area. The end drawing nigh (on the left) is Coffin Mountain. Heavy Loads is Madison Slide. Water High is Earthquake Lake. You are up Sheep Creek without a paddle. If you are wise you see an owl on the hillside 2 miles up the trail. The blaze is a cleft in the hillside. Tarry Scant with Marvel Gaze is a position on the left arm of the cleft where you can see a white rock and sunset both. But you can't take any chest or go in peace because Forrest doesn't play fair. All best, Horseman. Hope that satisfies your curiosity. XO
          Wow, that sounds like one of the best solves I've seen yet. I'll check it out tomorrow, I'm "headed" to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun View Post
            I’m 50/50. On one hand, I can see how clearly Jack has filled the role of FF and all of his responses and articles reenforce my belief that he knew the solve and has/had the treasure.

On the other hand, I find myself asking why is he still playing the part? What’s in it for him to continue on playing this role? And believe me he is playing a part....I’m 100% sure of this. So again, it begs the question, why? Is it because he’s obligated to remain silent if he wants to keep the treasure, but so desperately wants to tell everyone what that solve was that the only way he can really do it is to continue playing the part Forrest was, in order for those still in the chase to see? Or is there yet another act ready to be played out?

I don’t believe the lawsuits really played too much of a role in this. If anything it only sped up a process in which it was eventually going to play out anyways. The Medium article with all the subtle hints that was released before Jack was outed made me realize this. Immediately everyone thought the article sounded so much like Forrest that many believed it was Douglas who wrote it....or perhaps Forrest himself and left if for someone else to publish it. So why did Jack go through great lengths to sound so much like him? And now responding to emails in a similar way Forrest would... IMO Jack understood one thing in the poem...upon retrieving it he’d have to fulfill a role to play. It’s what happens when you play the game. I’m beginning to wonder if it was always in Forrest’s plan to have that as a burden of responsibility the finder would have to carry if he wanted to keep it.

I honestly don’t know anymore, that’s why I’m 50/50. I’ll give it one last look this Summer just for ease of mind. If there’s no concrete news it’s still out there before then, then after that I’m moving on to the next chase.
            Thanks for the comments. I'll read it again tomorrow. I'm bushed.

Comment

I have way too many hints that indicate the chest written about in the poem is still out there.

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun View Post

I don’t believe the lawsuits really played too much of a role in this. If anything it only sped up a process in which it was eventually going to play out anyways. The Medium article with all the subtle hints that was released before Jack was outed made me realize this. Immediately everyone thought the article sounded so much like Forrest that many believed it was Douglas who wrote it....or perhaps Forrest himself and left if for someone else to publish it. So why did Jack go through great lengths to sound so much like him? And now responding to emails in a similar fashion Forrest would... IMO Jack understood one thing in the poem...upon retrieving it he’d have to fulfill a role to play(metaphorically speaking). It’s what happens when you play the game. I’m beginning to wonder if it was always in Forrest’s plan to have that as a burden of responsibility the finder would have to carry if he wanted to keep it.

Good one -- "concrete news it's still out there".

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Horseman View Post

Thanks for the comments. I'll read it again tomorrow. I'm bushed.
                  Good one -- "I'm bushed". In my opinion, the trove is still available to be found.

Comment

The likelihood is 0%. It was accidentally found in 2013. This also means a significant amount of 'mishap' occurred between 2013 to present.

Comment

Working...
                    X