Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramblings of a Grizz...

wondering...

I wonder what was going through Forrest’s head when he hid the treasure? It must have been so exciting to know he was about to do something totally audacious and launch a thousand wishful dreams. What he did was crazy when you really think about it. Leaving such a treasure out there for a clever but complete stranger to find . I can see him driving to his special spot, Indulgence riding shotgun , Forrest grinning ear to ear. I wonder if he had on all of his fishing gear, waders, tackle box and fly rod to fool any onlookers ? Don’t mind me folks. Just another fly fisherman headed out with my pimento sandwich , Fritos and a million on the passenger seat. No one would have given him a second glance out there. I wonder how he felt after carefully planning all of those years , then making it finally happen . Taking a last look at his treasure in the spot he had always considered his alone and closing the lid must have been quite emotional for him. I wonder the memories those mountains, pines and rivers held for him in that moment. Some places are special like that and you can hear the voices of the past echo around you if you listen with the right ears. Did he hear them then?

This was not just a story about hiding a treasure box . It was his life...and an amazing one at that. He really was one sly fox , but he was much more than that.

One thing is for certain: There will never be another Forrest Burke Fenn.

If you think time will end before someone else exists named Forrest Burke Fenn, I suggest you think again, differently. And use a dictionary to learn what words in the poem can be used as nouns.

Comment

Nice rambling Grizzbait. He was, one of a kind, and the story will likely be a legend as time goes by.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
        If you think time will end before someone else exists named Forrest Burke Fenn, I suggest you think again, differently. And use a dictionary to learn what words in the poem can be used as nouns.
        Almost every word in the poem is noun imo
        They are all surnames and there meanings is the key imo

Comment

Working...
        X