A small portion of logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by June Did Everything Right View Post

Maybe people are asking him the wrong questions. I asked a few general questions and then I asked ones specifically intended to kill my solve ideas. He answered and those answers murdered my solve ideas, even my newest ones post-find. If people ask the right questions, then his answers don’t lead to more questions. They put your best ideas to rest. It’s a bit of a relief. People must be unconsciously trying to protect their solves when they ask questions or something. Every solve has fundamental underpinnings. Ask about those and see what he says. I do think that people are asking the wrong questions or trying to shield their own solves. There’s something happening because I got direct answers to specific questions. I designed my questions to my solve ideas. Most questions I’ve seen asked of him are just not approaching him for peace of mind. People think he’s going to slip up himself, but he’s not. People should take the opportunity Jack has offered and use their few questions to destroy their own best ideas. If people want peace of mind, they can find it by asking the right questions.
    Nice, but it still doesn't answer the point about the photo of the backpack and IKEA bag. Apparently, Jack got covered in pine pitch and that won't just wash off. There are many such headscratchers.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

Nice, but it still doesn't answer the point about the photo of the backpack and IKEA bag. Apparently, Jack got covered in pine pitch and that won't just wash off. There are many such headscratchers.
      There are tons of strange things that feel super odd from the outside. I'll admit that much readily. I just don't think in sum or individually that any of them are a smoking gun. I'm also surprised that Forrest thought we would all just be over it once it ended. He was so out of touch with his audience. Remarkably out of touch. But from his perspective maybe everyone was just chasing the gold and once it was found we'd move on to something else. Very strange disconnect. "It's over. Go home." Is how it sort of felt. LOL.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBO9XOp1lmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkcLwRBLbUY

Comment

There are tons of strange things that feel super odd from the outside. I'll admit that much readily. I just don't think in sum or individually that any of them are a smoking gun. I'm also surprised that Forrest thought we would all just be over it once it ended. He was so out of touch with his audience. Remarkably out of touch. But from his perspective maybe everyone was just chasing the gold and once it was found we'd move on to something else. Very strange disconnect. "It's over. Go home." Is how it sort of felt. LOL.
          You just said: "There are tons of strange things that feel super odd from the outside". That sounds like words coming from the inside to me. I'm from the outside and would never structure a sentence that way because there isn't an inside is there? If there is, what exactly are they inside of?

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post

You just said: "There are tons of strange things that feel super odd from the outside". That sounds like words coming from the inside to me. I'm from the outside and would never structure a sentence that way because there isn't an inside is there? If there is, what exactly are they inside of?
            They feel odd from the outside. I couldn't know how things feel on the outside, if I was on the inside. I'm on the outside like everyone else. The people who know what happened and etc, Jack and Forrest, have an inside view. Take for example the twig that everyone is consumed with. If you were on the inside like Forrest and Jack, you'd either know it meant absolutely nothing or absolutely something. All we have is a strange feeling about it, and other parts of the chase. Things that have been said and so on. I take Jack at his word that the stick blew in there, even though that seems so funny to me. That's literally the best picture he has of the chest onsite? With like half it's contents missing? So strange.

I think it's more or less a perspective thing. I mean, it's super odd that of all the ways to end this chase, Forrest chose this way. The not letting us know the location or the clues was his choice, or his in agreement with Jack. Seems like a strange way to end things, but again, that's just perspective. To Forrest and Jack it probably makes complete sense for one reason or another.

Comment

To Forrest and Jack it probably makes complete sense for one reason or another.
              I bet it makes complete sense to Forrest, but I think Jack is clueless about the stick. Yup, pretty much clueless about all of it actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
                I bet it makes complete sense to Forrest, but I think Jack is clueless about the stick. Yup, pretty much clueless about all of it actually.
                Being stickman, you must know quite a bit about stick culture. Funny thing, over the summer I found random willow sticks in my condo and girlfriend's house. A little bundle in one of my plants, one in the closet, a few on my GF's night stand. One in a museum parking place. Are you the willow-stick fairy? You are aren't you!

Otherwise it must have been Taylor Swift.
                Last edited by Tornado; 01-13-2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post

Otherwise it must have been Taylor Swift.
                  Taylor Swift has made her 'mark in society, but I'm not sure she embroiders designs on her own clothes, does she?

Comment

Once again, Jack is placing hints in plain sight.

IKEA = I (Jack) KEA (key)

Jack (the numerical value of the Jack is 11) is key to solve the puzzle.

Jack Stuef = Jacks 2 F = 11 F 2 (TFTW)

Comment

The whole comment about the pine pitch struck me as odd from the very beginning..... I spent many long days botg over the course of the past few years.... I traversed thick young pine forests, walked beneath tall old growth canopies and through cactus strewn sage flats.... I've come out covered in my own blood drawn by thorns, rocks and insects... I've come out covered in mud and dust.... I've come out covered in ticks, chiggers and mosquitos.... I've come out covered in prickly little "hitch-hikers"..... I've come out drenched in sweat and all manner of filth.... But never once did I come out covered in pine pitch.... It just doesn't happen... Not unless you are cutting trees...
                      So, either Jack was out there cutting pine trees.... Doubtful.... Or he has no real experience in the wilds of Wyoming and simply wrote that because it's what he erroneously imagined it might be like.... ?
                      Last edited by Sal O'mander; 01-14-2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post

The whole comment about the pine pitch struck me as odd from the very beginning..... I spent many long days botg over the course of the past few years.... I traversed thick young pine forests, walked beneath tall old growth canopies and through cactus strewn sage flats.... I've come out covered in my own blood drawn by thorns, rocks and insects... I've come out covered in mud and dust.... I've come out covered in ticks, chiggers and mosquitos.... I've come out covered in prickly little "hitch-hikers"..... I've come out drenched in sweat and all manner of filth.... But never once did I come out covered in pine pitch.... It just doesn't happen... Not unless you are cutting trees...
                        So, either Jack was out there cutting pine trees.... Doubtful.... Or he has no real experience in the wilds of Wyoming and simply wrote that because it's what he imagined it might be like.... ?
                        You are correct. Never a spot of pine pitch in my treks to Wyoming. It is not possible. I believe Jack says things like this, and the obvious falsehood about seeing the photoshopped stick-from-the-future, which was proven beyond a doubt to be photoshopped, to tell us he is not the real finder/solver. This is from Forrest’s communication playbook. State something so obviously untrue or out of place, that the reader will know that the real message is elsewhere. “Covered in pine pitch” means I have never spent one minute of my life in the Rockies of Wyoming.

The remaining diehards care about 2 things. We want to know where the chest was found and what are the 9 clues. I don’t care about anything else and I believe that’s true of most of the diehards. Jack’s intentionally worded untruths and vagaries are meant to serve as a placeholder until the second omega is revealed. I think Jack is performing admirably in his designated role, while also helping to maintain interest in the chase without having anything of interest to say. Forrest chose him wisely.

Comment

3 types of searchers
                          those that believe everything printed
                          those that can’t change their minds no matter how much proof
                          those that argue with computers

Comment

It's a shame you guys cannot apply some LOGIC to solving poem puzzle instead of wasting your time on this so called finder which will get you nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post
                              It's a shame you guys cannot apply some LOGIC to solving poem puzzle instead of wasting your time on this so called finder which will get you nowhere.
                              Shame? Silly word choice. Don’t get emotional about it. My intent was not to get you all riled up. I’ve posted my solve and portions of it many times. WWWH is Sinks Canyon. Nobody pays any attention to anyone else’s solve anyway because they all know that theirs is the correct one. You should adopt a less sanctimonious approach when commenting if you want anyone to regard your comments. Your Snippy Susan approach is tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post
                                I, like many others, believe that I have already solved it.... Only covid prevented me from going botg to the final spot at the end of last May.... I don't have any intentions of revealing my solution until I've had a chance to complete my search ..... Probably this June....
                                or if I see what I feel is definitive proof that Jack or someone else is the genuine finder....

Comment

Working...
                                X