A small portion of logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small portion of logic

I don't know whether Jack possesses a chest, the chest, or no chest, and it doesn't really concern me one way or the other. What logic is telling me is that:
    1. Someone who is claiming to have won a major contest is very unlikely to take on a near-full-time job of answering endless questions with endlessly noncommital answers. It's very accommodating of us but doesn't he have better things to do?
    2. The utility of engaging with us in this way (if free of malice) can only be to maintain suspense and interest.
    3. If suspense and interest need to be maintained then there is something to come that is worthy of such titillation.
    4. For this degree of effort to be injected into a "completed" contest (potentially involving other actors [and litigants???] as well), the goal must be of real significance.
    Where are we all heading?

I agree,
    I’m being funny and non-political but the number one logical statement reminded me of Trump.
    The number two logical statement sounds like Biden.
    Three and Four would be both parties.

Look at it from my view:
    am I crazy? you can be honest.

I’m not derailing this thread, I agree with Vox

1Trailblazer

Comment

I'm not sure what Jack is getting out of answering these questions. And the fact he doesn't really answer them.
      He's not telling us anything that really helps.
      Can someone tell Jack that the chase is over? That FF is dead. That Jack doesn't need to act like FF and answer cryptically.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
        I'm not sure what Jack is getting out of answering these questions. And the fact he doesn't really answer them.
        He's not telling us anything that really helps.
        Can someone tell Jack that the chase is over? That FF is dead. That Jack doesn't need to act like FF and answer cryptically.
        maybe that's the plan, just to bore us all to death until we finally stop caring and we all go off and do something less boring instead.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
          I don't know whether Jack possesses a chest, the chest, or no chest, and it doesn't really concern me one way or the other. What logic is telling me is that:
          1. Someone who is claiming to have won a major contest is very unlikely to take on a near-full-time job of answering endless questions with endlessly noncommital answers. It's very accommodating of us but doesn't he have better things to do?
          2. The utility of engaging with us in this way (if free of malice) can only be to maintain suspense and interest.
          3. If suspense and interest need to be maintained then there is something to come that is worthy of such titillation.
          4. For this degree of effort to be injected into a "completed" contest (potentially involving other actors [and litigants???] as well), the goal must be of real significance.
          Logic says Jack has made a job of answering emails as that was the purpose of him.
          Think of Jack as being Skippy and LS as being Ellert Kosky. Forrest sprayed Jack's vehicle with water so all the dirt would stick onto Jack's vehicle. Because LS was stirring up alot of dust. So look at the picture of who is watching the kids spaying water in front of The Dude Motel. Some things need splainin.
          Last edited by Quest; 01-11-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

Logic says Jack has made a job of answering emails as that was the purpose of him.
            Then you must believe that Barbs Anderson is also part of the greater purpose, because without her we'd know jack all about jack.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
              The goal was to end the Chase and yet protect the solution(which is of great significance) for the future solver.

Comment

Originally posted by Bach View Post

Then you must believe that Barbs Anderson is also part of the greater purpose, because without her we'd know jack all about jack.
                Bananas is just bananas. And bananas do what Bananas do. I'm sure forrest knew how Bananas would go Bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by colokidd View Post
                  The goal was to end the Chase and yet protect the solution(which is of great significance) for the future solver.
                  There is no future solver.

Comment

Yet there is a future...

Comment

I’m glad to hear that and most people will probably agree with you. Your stance is a gift from Forrest to the future solver.

Comment

The future doesn’t exist. Not yet, anyway.

However, the future is real because we can shape it. That’s why all this really matters: the future doesn’t exist yet so we can make it what we want it to be.

We can decide what games to play, what ideas to entertain.

What’s all this talk about Jack Stuef? Did he do something important?

Comment

Well articulated reasoning by voxpops. Not sure I'm ready to reach those same conclusions yet, but I appreciate the logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bach View Post

maybe that's the plan, just to bore us all to death until we finally stop caring and we all go off and do something less boring instead.
                            Possibly. After all, we, the hardcore cadre still active here, should really be getting on with our lives and making positive use of our chase experiences. Instead, we're allowing this thing to fester in our brains - not unlike the litigants, but in a more muted way.

Comment

Originally posted by SangreDeCristo View Post
                              The future doesn’t exist. Not yet, anyway.

However, the future is real because we can shape it. That’s why all this really matters: the future doesn’t exist yet so we can make it what we want it to be.

We can decide what games to play, what ideas to entertain.

What’s all this talk about Jack Stuef? Did he do something important?
                              This makes sense. Do we want FF (and his mutant chase offspring) to control our destiny, or do we take command?

Comment

Working...
                              X