No announcement yet.

Dear Lead Searcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I was getting at was, was he not saying to see as much as you can, is that not peace? As I grow old I see so many that wish they would have done this or done that,
    but there to old or worn out. Forrest said there was no lead searcher. Most of us are lead searchers if you actually went out to search. For what I’ve read on these blogs, most went out to search for Fenn’s chest and found way more. To me that’s what it was about, “the chase”.
    I’m not sure about the ending, but I refuse to fret over it.
    Good luck in your “Chase”

1Trailblazer

Comment

Originally posted by 1&Only1Trailblazer View Post
      What I was getting at was, was he not saying to see as much as you can, is that not peace? As I grow old I see so many that wish they would have done this or done that,
      but there to old or worn out. Forrest said there was no lead searcher. Most of us are lead searchers if you actually went out to search. For what I’ve read on these blogs, most went out to search for Fenn’s chest and found way more. To me that’s what it was about, “the chase”.
      I’m not sure about the ending, but I refuse to fret over it.
      Good luck in your “Chase”

1Trailblazer
      Forrest said as far as I'm concerned there is no lead searcher. Huge difference. People say "as far as I'm concerned" when they dont want to acknowledge a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

Forrest said as far as I'm concerned there is no lead searcher. Huge difference. People say "as far as I'm concerned" when they dont want to acknowledge a fact.
        He also said "if you know where it is why don't you go get the damn thing". That caught my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

a "lead" is more often referenced in a race (which I don't think the chase was designed to be) or a play.
          i wonder how f would have replied if he'd been asked if there was a "lead player" ...

Comment

Lead =galena =gala =milk ?

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

He also said "if you know where it is why don't you go get the damn thing". That caught my attention.
              No, he posed that as a question to Kpro " If they know where it is why dont they just go get it ? "
              Forrest knew why and Jack emailing forrest for permission to take the chest shows there was an obstacle to overcome. Jack did not choose wisely. Jack failed the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
                Dear LS,
                Are you still completely in the dark with how close you got?
                Great question! My guess is someone may have got within 100 feet. Whatever the proximaty, perhaps it was too close for Forrest not to take action on it.
                So did someone, LS or any searcher, possibly breach some imaginary Chase boundary and get close enough for Forrest, for whatever pre-planned reason, to shut it down?

Admittedly this is a far-fetched theory and I seriously doubt it, but the world will probably never know at this point. Everything that has happened since just has went too far off in the weeds for any realistic recovery of what actually may have truthfully happened.
                Last edited by Hoof Hearted; 01-13-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
                  Great question! My guess is someone may have got within 100 feet. Whatever the proximaty, perhaps it was too close for Forrest not to take action on it.
                  So did someone, LS or any searcher, possibly breach some imaginary Chase boundary and get close enough for Forrest, for whatever pre-planned reason, to shut it down?

Admittedly this is a far-fetched theory and I seriously doubt it, but the world will probably never know at this point. Everything that has happened since just has went too far off in the weeds for any realistic recovery of what actually may have truthfully happened.
                  Forrest for sure shut the Chase down, but he also cracked open a door for someone, as noted in his “found” announcement.

Comment

We all bring personal life experiences into this chase. For myself I would image the LS is looking for that bull which didn't come off the mountain with the cows last fall. He rode many long miles certain to find him laying under a tree nearly blending into the terrain. He has come across his unmistakable track, large & heavy. It's him, the LS knows he's there. I'm certain the LS even checked with the neighbors a few times, maybe to the point of being a nuciance. They were probably weary of wayward stock. No sense getting them all riled up. So then a LS has not many options, he can't ride his horse into the ground chasing a ghost. Now he waits, if he never turns up, he'll buy a new bull in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                      Lead =galena =gala =milk ?
                      =liebfromilch

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado Cowgirl View Post
                        We all bring personal life experiences into this chase. For myself I would image the LS is looking for that bull which didn't come off the mountain with the cows last fall. He rode many long miles certain to find him laying under a tree nearly blending into the terrain. He has come across his unmistakable track, large & heavy. It's him, the LS knows he's there. I'm certain the LS even checked with the neighbors a few times, maybe to the point of being a nuciance. They were probably weary of wayward stock. No sense getting them all riled up. So then a LS has not many options, he can't ride his horse into the ground chasing a ghost. Now he waits, if he never turns up, he'll buy a new bull in the spring.
                        Yah Cowgirl he's my Bull. Tracked him a few miles up in there, to a tight spot. Glassed him and could see he was hanging around an old mudhole. By the time I came in the backside to keep from spooking him, he was not to be found. If your up in there this spring when the snow is off (looking), He's about a 4 year old, picked him up at the D-Bar Ranch, I put a brand on his left shoulder. Let me know if that helps. Thanks!!! The Hillbealy
                        Last edited by Hillbealy; 01-13-2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado Cowgirl View Post
                          I would have to say Reckon So

Comment

Maybe the ls is going through so much. He stuck between a rock and a hard spot. But I believe he knows and seen the bigger pictures and is broken but full of love. The LS knows he’s there but dreading the beaconing to the mountains. He damn sure doesn’t believe in goodbyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post
                              Maybe the ls is going through so much. He stuck between a rock and a hard spot. But I believe he knows and seen the bigger pictures and is broken but full of love. The LS knows he’s there but dreading the beaconing to the mountains. He damn sure doesn’t believe in goodbyes.
                              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

I think that who ever the lead searcher is might be lurking out here unbeknownst to all of us and getting as much information as he can. Yeah, I know. Some of what's included on forums seems like a lot of nonsense and malarkey, but all that gibberish branded of useless humming, bird calls, and what nots, could honestly "bear all" the information needed . . . especially if FF had arranged people to disclose information after his death. Personally, I'd hate to miss out on that info and be left behind only to be awoken later to a lot of green that slipped through the cracks and was eventually found.

Conspiracy theory? Maybe. But it would turn that fresh milk sour real fast, adjoined by a, "Bessie, where are you?", right behind it! (lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X