Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Jack cover up the find spot or leave it undisturbed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jack cover up the find spot or leave it undisturbed?

Might be a good question for Jack to know if he left the hide spot perfectly intact, blaze and all, or if he kind of camouflaged the area so no other searcher could recognize the spot from the pictures he took. I was thinking if a person could find that exact arrangement of logs, twigs, etc at the hide spot, maybe see the nook, and even better the blaze, which still might be mostly the same after a couple of years I imagine, we could once and for all confirm this is all the real deal.

I doubt that he had to do anything - the lack of the chest likely makes the spot unrecognizable to searchers. I do believe that the chest was hidden in a rocky nook that was covered by a "wolf" stone. whether or not he would have seen fit to reset such a stone is anyone's guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ007 View Post
      Might be a good question for Jack to know if he left the hide spot perfectly intact, blaze and all, or if he kind of camouflaged the area so no other searcher could recognize the spot from the pictures he took. I was thinking if a person could find that exact arrangement of logs, twigs, etc at the hide spot, maybe see the nook, and even better the blaze, which still might be mostly the same after a couple of years I imagine, we could once and for all confirm this is all the real deal.
      Jack said, in one of his email answers, that he rearranged the spot where the chest was hidden to make it look more natural...
      ​​​​​​My question is, why would anyone bother to do that?
      Especially if the location was as "safe" as he professed it to be?? I mean, come on! He felt comfortable leaving the chest there overnight and yet was compelled to camouflage the hiding spot after removing it??
      Sounds to me more like someone who is trying to convince others that there is no point in continuing to look for the spot..... A pattern which Jack has followed repeatedly in his answers... Why??
      Last edited by Sal O'mander; 01-06-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post

Jack said, in one of his email answers, that he rearranged the spot where the chest was hidden to make it look more natural...
        ​​​​​​My question is, why would anyone bother to do that?
        Especially if the location was as "safe" as he professed it to be?? I mean, come on! He felt comfortable leaving the chest there overnight and yet was compelled to camouflage the hiding spot after removing it??
        Sounds to me more like someone who is trying to convince others that there is no point in continuing to look for the spot..... A pattern which Jack has followed repeatedly in his answers... Why??
        That little salamander (sorry Sal O')! I'll bet Jack staged the whole thing so he could continue to look while others thought the treasure was already found. There's a con guy in every bunch.

I just hope nobody else reads this. I know my strategy!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post

That little salamander (sorry Sal O')! I'll bet Jack staged the whole thing so he could continue to look while others thought the treasure was already found. There's a con guy in every bunch.

I just hope nobody else reads this. I know my strategy!
          Ha, ha... There was a little green tree frog clinging to the outside of my bedroom window a few weeks ago .... Was that you? Oh wait, you're a turtle.... Nevermind.....
          ​​​​​​I believe that it just lends more credence to the idea that Jack is a proxy hired by Forrest in order to keep everyone, including the solver, from going botg during a pandemic... I have no doubt that the actual solver will see through the ruse and go to the spot to retrieve whatever was left there and claim the prize come spring....

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post

Ha, ha... There was a little green tree frog clinging to the outside of my bedroom window a few weeks ago .... Was that you? Oh wait, you're a turtle.... Nevermind.....
            ​​​​​​I believe that it just lends more credence to the idea that Jack is a proxy hired by Forrest in order to keep everyone, including the solver, from going botg during a pandemic... I have no doubt that the actual solver will see through the ruse and go to the spot to retrieve whatever was left there and claim the prize come spring....
            BOTG is probably the safest place to be right about now, so that shouldn’t bother the solver. But as far as the TC finding its resting place in someone's literal arms, no.

I think that if you took all the weird things that happened at the end of the chase, put them in a can, shook it up real good, and dumped them out, the answer would always be the same - there’s obviously something wrong. So yes, I’m still in… if even just for the fun of it.

By the way, and just so you know, turtles can jump. It’s rare that you’ll ever see one do it, but if you do, look out. They aim straight for the face . . . and boy is it a mess! lol

Comment

Working...
            X